Champions League Draw - Celtic v FK Sarajevo

We were actually recruited in Beauly Ave Post Office when in there cashing oor giros. The guy who owned the PO said he had a guy staying in his BnB that was looking for guys to go to Frankfurt n work. Twas a guy called Ray Dunkly (originally fae Dundee) who worked for a German Turkish guy. Because it was the US military he wanted people who could write and talk English (allegedly). Twas the maddest year of my life SP, involving Chelsea Headhunters, Frankfurt MTV night club, Arbroath fire starters, Bosnians, East Germans, a Black Russian, total mental breakdown, The Irish bar and sugar in the petrol tanks of every BMW removal truck.
I am sure the German Turkish guy had Ray Dunkly assassinated for bringing this plaque upon his business. Total madness SP, loved it though.
I just got your reference to MARS noo as well, that was the Borstal ship in the Tay wis it no?
It wis that......eh Wis too young fir it, but meh big brither wis on it when they tred to recommission it in the late 70's.

He hid a three day stretch on it before goin back ti Polmont.

John Kennedy on the bbc

Lee Congerton left the role of Celtic head of recruitment to follow Rodgers to Leicester last month and Kennedy played down suggestions the lack of a replacement for Congerton was delaying transfer business.

"Things are still functioning as normal," he explained. "What heads of recruitment do, they come in and do what's right for the manager and the club.

"They don't come in and do things their own way. They have a view, an opinion, but ultimately they have to go out and sign players which suit the manager's style, the club's structure.

"We're a terrific club with a proven record of developing talents, young players. Ryan Christie, Kristoffer Ajer, Odsonne Edouard - they're all young players who need the game time, need the right platform to develop and become proper players. We thought David could be one of them, but there's a number of players like that around.

"We've got a number of targets and, if it's not right for us, we need to move on to our next target and that's what we aim to do. If he goes and signs for Norwich, good luck to him. He's a good player, talented player.

"Everybody knows we need to get a few fresh faces in to help the squad that's currently here. It's difficult to put a number on that."

I don’t think it works at all. Hoping something will get better rarely happens by sitting back and well, just hoping. But, it seems that’s all we have. We can’t influence how our club goes about their business in the transfer market. Not that much happens, the transfer situation room must be covered in cobwebs and photos of Glen Daly in his prime. :)

Maybe you could go scout it and report back to us.... Hopefully ha! Make you a wee bit more optimistic than you are presently ?

The first leg will be in Bosnia so we will know what we need to do when they come to Celtic Park a week later. It will not be at their home stadium and I do not know the quality of the pitch we will play on. Despite this the local team know that if they wish to progress they will have to win the match. Our defence is solid and hopefully they will not succeed. The key goal in Europe is to keep a clean sheet at home and away and to score an away goal. If we do so we will qualify. It is that simple.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I am from Sarajevo and as I can see you are interested in what pitch are you going to play. Pitch is not the best condition but city administration wants to build new pitch to be ready for game BiH vs Italy. Construction didn't start yet so I think the pitch will be bad for the first match. Sarajevo is also an Olympic city since 1984, city of good people and awesome but cheap beer. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Cheers

Asim Ferhatović was legendary player of FK Sarajevo that scored 198 goals in 422 official games for Sarajevo. The stadium is named by him. But also that stadium is not in our property it is the property of the city. So that may be the reason you taught we are not playing on our pitch.

That is not the truth. Truth is that wages were a bit late because the new owner bought the club and pumped a large amount of money into the club, so thanks to our lovely state, bank needs to check where that money comes from and they didn't finish that on time so money didn't go to our account yet but in official club respond to this media statements it was said that everything will be settled by tomorrow. I agree this should be settled earlier but the new owner just wanted to protect his money because a few years ago our administration was bad but don't worry everything will be ok ;)

That is not the truth. Truth is that wages were a bit late because the new owner bought the club and pumped a large amount of money into the club, so thanks to our lovely state, bank needs to check where that money comes from and they didn't finish that on time so money didn't go to our account yet but in official club respond to this media statements it was said that everything will be settled by tomorrow. I agree this should be settled earlier but the new owner just wanted to protect his money because a few years ago our administration was bad but don't worry everything will be ok ;)

Welcome to Celtic noise Sarajevofan
How was the news received in Bosnia, are Sarajevo pleased with the draw or worried by it? I would be interested to know what people in Sarajevo think about Celtic and Scotland.

Who are your best players?

What do you think score will be over 2 legs?

Thank you, Richy, well when we find out that loser of this match will go directly in the 3rd leg of Europa League we felt a big relief. Fun fact is that you will be 2nd best football club that visited Bosnia first one is Man Utd. we hosted them in 1967. In this year we have won the first double crown in our history so the match with Celtic will be beautiful to watch I think the most important thing is not to surrender, Celtic is a big club but you saw Liverpool making a comeback against Barca. So I would say you are the favorites but everything is possible. About Scotland and your fans, I respect you a lot because you support Palestine and you have amazing history and atmosphere

Thank you, Richy, well when we find out that loser of this match will go directly in the 3rd leg of Europa League we felt a big relief. Fun fact is that you will be 2nd best football club that visited Bosnia first one is Man Utd. we hosted them in 1967. In this year we have won the first double crown in our history so the match with Celtic will be beautiful to watch I think the most important thing is not to surrender, Celtic is a big club but you saw Liverpool making a comeback against Barca. So I would say you are the favorites but everything is possible. About Scotland and your fans, I respect you a lot because you support Palestine and you have amazing history and atmosphere
1967 was year Celtic won European cup

So it was a good year for both teams.

I hope we win, but I anticipate a very hard battle against the Bosnian Champions

Anyway its nice to have you contribute to the site.

It will be a great match between two worthy champions with strong history of playing football.

It should be a great exciting match.

1967 was year Celtic won European cup

So it was a good year for both teams.

I hope we win, but I anticipate a very hard battle against the Bosnian Champions

Anyway its nice to have you contribute to the site.

It will be a great match between two worthy champions with strong history of playing football.

It should be a great exciting match.
Match against Man Utd was 1967/68 and I think Manchester won the trophy that year it was quarter-final we played draw on the home pitch and lost away 2 1 but referee fucked us. Man Utd players told we were the toughest team on there way to the trophy.

Back