Champions League Draw - Celtic v FK Sarajevo

Answer my question. I know what the sky reality is. How would you raise value without the CL? In a few sentences would be welcomed.
budget is dictated by income

wages must fall in line with budget

if we cant get good enough quality within budget we cant get CL

If we overspend budget to get CL you don't make value.

Turnbull is a decent prospect but he been offered more wages than we can afford for a decent prospect.

much better value out there than him

we dust down and buy someone worth the wages

I have always said that

And Turnbull doesn't make us better for CL

I never mentioned him. He isn’t a key player we need. I believe he could have become one, but our need us for a CB a RB and possibly a striker. Our need for the no 10 Rogers talked about us needing to improve in the CL is a delusion, we couldn’t afford anybody in that league.

I never mentioned him. He isn’t a key player we need. I believe he could have become one, but our need us for a CB a RB and possibly a striker. Our need for the no 10 Rogers talked about us needing to improve in the CL is a delusion, we couldn’t afford anybody in that league.
We can afford players who want to play for celtic within wage limits of club

The sky subsidy makes it very difficult to buy mercenaries

We need good players who dream of playing for a massive club on good wages, they exist, if the player wants money more than massive club then they aren't any use to us, except as stepping stone, if they add value by making us stronger the its win win, if they want massive wages to play in famous hoops then sadly we cant afford them unless they can justify those wages, which is very difficult combo to find.

Thats were Lawell makes his bonus

he offers the correct deal for the talent they present to Celtic

He is a wonder worker in many ways

Club makes profits and it competes way above its income level, normally and Im confident we can sign good players who will make team stronger on park while being affordable off of it.

its what lawell does well.

Sevco have cloaked finance and the secret brotherhood and they detest lawell with passion, they cant compete with lawell

they hemourage money everywhere trying to match his talent

Lawell adds massive value

Sevco destroy massive value trying to compete with Lawell

And they want him out so bad

That they will try every dirty trick to make him look like a fraud

let that sink in.

Celtic never been richer
Celtic winning treble treble

And still Lawell is now hate figure for being brilliant at his job and being head of the winning side in Scotland

We can afford players who want to play for celtic within wage limits of club

The sky subsidy makes it very difficult to buy mercenaries

We need good players who dream of playing for a massive club on good wages, they exist, if the player wants money more than massive club then they aren't any use to us, except as stepping stone, if they add value by making us stronger the its win win, if they want massive wages to play in famous hoops then sadly we cant afford them unless they can justify those wages, which is very difficult combo to find.

Thats were Lawell makes his bonus

he offers the correct deal for the talent they present to Celtic

He is a wonder worker in many ways

Club makes profits and it competes way above its income level, normally and Im confident we can sign good players who will make team stronger on park while being affordable off of it.

its what lawell does well.

Sevco have cloaked finance and the secret brotherhood and they detest lawell with passion, they cant compete with lawell

they hemourage money everywhere trying to match his talent

Lawell adds massive value

Sevco destroy massive value trying to compete with Lawell

And they want him out so bad

That they will try every dirty trick to make him look like a fraud

let that sink in.

Celtic never been richer
Celtic winning treble treble

And still Lawell is now hate figure for being brilliant at his job and being head of the winning side in Scotland

Lawell always has a clean slate with me every window. If he does the business we require and qualifies for the CL I will applaud him. Even if we don’t but he gave us a fighting chance he will still get a nod from me. It’s doing fuck all that gets me.

I will never waiver from his getting a bonus only if we qualify for the CL.

Looks likley we'll be playing the Macedonians as they are heavy favourites to get thro against the other unpronounceable side.

Incredible we got to battle our way thro this nonsense. At least we not playing Rosenberg again ?

Looks likley we'll be playing the Macedonians as they are heavy favourites to get thro against the other unpronounceable side.

Incredible we got to battle our way thro this nonsense. At least we not playing Rosenberg again ?
Dont want tae jinx it Maestro but i've got a feelin we'll qualify this year ?

Its a sad day when the first qualifier has us thinking this might not be a pushover. That’s where we are.

No, it's not. We should never take any opponent for granted. No one is a pushover.

The only game that should is the final play off. Shows you how far we have regressed or at worst stood still.

We haven't regressed or stood still. How about staying within the confines of reality?

My s
I worked with a couple of Bosnians in Germany doing furniture removals for the US Forces in Frankfurt in 1992. Started aff all Dundee guys, most headed after a week. We were living in portacabins on an industrial estate, nae running water or power. One shower between 40 of us. You would be amazed how quickly some people fall apart when they canna get a cup o tea in the morning. Within ten days there were only seven of us left. The guys who headed were replaced with Bosnian Muslims. One English speaker per removal truck. I ended up with an East German, who had been in the French foreign legion, called Rudi. He had a huge Nazi eagle tattooed on his back. The driver was a Bosnian guy called Ferhat and his mate Mustapha. We somehow made our way around the American zone of West Germany. Twas the maddest year of my life, one day I will write the story about the madness of it all.
One guy who headed home went to Grampian news and told them we were sent by the Brew to live like animals in Germany. They described us as Dundee boat people. Those who were sent by the Brew were given fare home from the Brutish Consulate. Because me n my buddies went there of our own accord they wouldn't help my buddies who wanted to go home. Only those sent by the Brew got help.
One guy was arrested in London at gunpoint, after someone called the Anti terrorist squad and said that an "Irishman" was at Smithfield meat market asking for a lift to Scotland. Given the way the London Police treated Irish people back then he was lucky not to end up shot dead.
Always had sympathy for the Bosnians after working with the guy Ferhat.
At night they would sit listening to radio reports coming from Sarajevo with horrified looks on their faces. I could go home anytime I had the fare, they did not know if they would ever go home again.
After aboot 11 months my mate got sacked ( he wrecked an Americans furniture, esp his framed photo of his squad on active service in the first gulf war, then faked the paperwork). Most of the military people we dealt with were great to us, which surprised me, and kept us well supplied in food n beer, some even invited us back. One American asked me if I lived in a castle, she was serious too. That was the end of our German adventure with the Americans n Bosnians. Never heard of them ever again.
Hope we pump them at futba though.
HH
The story of the Muhlheim beer festival during Euro 92 with Scotland and Germany in the same group is a movie waiting to get made.. our meeting with a couple o English guys...that's another movie too.
Hahahahahaha "Dundee boat people"

What......did they recruit you all off the MARS, Rich?

My s

Hahahahahaha "Dundee boat people"

What......did they recruit you all off the MARS, Rich?
We were actually recruited in Beauly Ave Post Office when in there cashing oor giros. The guy who owned the PO said he had a guy staying in his BnB that was looking for guys to go to Frankfurt n work. Twas a guy called Ray Dunkly (originally fae Dundee) who worked for a German Turkish guy. Because it was the US military he wanted people who could write and talk English (allegedly). Twas the maddest year of my life SP, involving Chelsea Headhunters, Frankfurt MTV night club, Arbroath fire starters, Bosnians, East Germans, a Black Russian, total mental breakdown, The Irish bar and sugar in the petrol tanks of every BMW removal truck.
I am sure the German Turkish guy had Ray Dunkly assassinated for bringing this plague upon his business. Total madness SP, loved it though.
I just got your reference to MARS noo as well, that was the Borstal ship in the Tay wis it no?

Last edited:
When did a fair distribution of the wealth ever happen anywhere in football or society even? Wishful thinking diverts ya away from the reality we are in. We can move forward but it won’t happen until we realise that our model has to reflect reality. Saving a few bob but losing out on the big bucks of the CL will only result in a gradual terminal decline.

We need it and that requires investment. We are barely an EL club now from the heady days of hope when Rogers was appointed. We have got worse. We have lost quality players and they haven’t been replaced. That’s the reason we have stalled. That list did zero to give confidence we were looking to improve the first team. Not one of them looked as good as what we already have.

Seems to me if your going to hope for what needs to be done you can always hope for a fairer distribution?

Or does hope work on a first come first served basis? ?

Seems to me if your going to hope for what needs to be done you can always hope for a fairer distribution?

Or does hope work on a first come first served basis? ?

I don’t think it works at all. Hoping something will get better rarely happens by sitting back and well, just hoping. But, it seems that’s all we have. We can’t influence how our club goes about their business in the transfer market. Not that much happens, the transfer situation room must be covered in cobwebs and photos of Glen Daly in his prime. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Back