Did Howe bottle it?

According to the athletic celtic first spoke to Howe in November. If that's the case, the board had lost faith in Lennon back then and decided to hand the league to sevco. That's fucking shameful.
Board members should acknowledge there terrible judgement and resign
Can't disagree with you on the lack of judgement from our board GB. Not too sure why you quoted my post regarding the points gap between ourselves and Slippy's team though. The gap is simply embarrassing. To solve the problem we have to acknowledge it exists first.

Can't disagree with you on the lack of judgement from our board GB. Not too sure why you quoted my post regarding the points gap between ourselves and Slippy's team though. The gap is simply embarrassing. To solve the problem we have to acknowledge it exists first.
Because the board allowed us to fall 25 points behind sevco. They can't even admit to there mistakes.
You need to own your mistakes before you can move on and make sure you don't commit the same mistake over and over again

Not a poll just a thought. Seems to me that Celtic offered Howe everything, his own management team, sure you expect that of any manager but his choice of DOF? That's a new one to me. Was the jock Stein end to be renamed the Howe end as well? This guy has been given an eternity and had Celtic not been working on an alternative we'd be looking at another Gordon/Forster type scenario. I also find it unusual that the club have come out and said hes not coming first. Hes a talented manager, one that the majority of us wanted but at what price? The more that comes out about this whole saga the more relieved I am it's not Howe, and I wanted him as well. There are many, many talented managers who would jump at the chance to manage Celtic and the " I want my DOF " doesnt quite add up for me I'd even go as far as saying I've never heard of anything like it. Celtic will appoint a top manager though Postecoglu I've no idea of his talents but the same can be said of wim Jansen and Venglos. I get the feeling that Howe was using Celtic to get a job in the EPL and he will probably without Hughes as his DOF as well. At the end of the day if Howe cannot work under a guy like Harkin or someone else then hes no business being Celtic manager. I am angry about the whole thing, hes left us blowing in the wind and thankfully McKay unlike lawell hasnt put all his eggs in one basket it seems. Its Howe who misses the big opportunity here not Celtic.
The disgust I feel for this guy knows no bounds. He kept us hanging on for weeks KNOWING he wasn't coming. He used us as a bargaining chip, then fled the scene.
I cannot print how I feel. If was offered a job at a top six club in the EPL I'll bet his backroom staff wouldn't be a stumbling block.
Oh and another thing....... Our board and chief shareholder have been totally shafted. Yet another black mark for the group of "professional's" that have performed so inadequately this past year.
Sack the board time ...............???????????

Most annoying thing is that mob are nothing special ,hes put a half decent team the gether and they all know their jobs were as our players and manager didnt have a clue .Never mind Frank this Aussie character might pull us out a hole 🙄

Most annoying thing is that mob are nothing special ,hes put a half decent team the gether and they all know their jobs were as our players and manager didnt have a clue .Never mind Frank this Aussie character might pull us out a hole 🙄
If I'm being honest I would have to say I've reached a point where I now expect our power brokers to get it wrong.......again.
Expect the worst, and if it doesn't happen then, everything's hunkydory TS. The complete lack of leadership is totally bewildering.

If you’d said to me at the start of last season that we’d finish the season 25 points behind that lot I’d have bought you a pint while I phoned you an ambulance
Coca Cola in your case frank of course

Last edited:
The disgust I feel for this guy knows no bounds. He kept us hanging on for weeks KNOWING he wasn't coming. He used us as a bargaining chip, then fled the scene.
I cannot print how I feel. If was offered a job at a top six club in the EPL I'll bet his backroom staff wouldn't be a stumbling block.
Oh and another thing....... Our board and chief shareholder have been totally shafted. Yet another black mark for the group of "professional's" that have performed so inadequately this past year.
Sack the board time ...............???????????
Nobody knows the truth yet. From what I'm hearing is lawell was pushing Kennedy and strachan on him. Any right minded person coming into the club would do their research and they wouldn't have to look any further than how Lennon was hung out to dry. And yet Kennedy was kept on. The unsackable man!

Nobody knows the truth yet. From what I'm hearing is lawell was pushing Kennedy and strachan on him. Any right minded person coming into the club would do their research and they wouldn't have to look any further than how Lennon was hung out to dry. And yet Kennedy was kept on. The unsackable man!
Sounds to me like it’s the old pay off scenario
If we get rid of Kennedy and Strachan got to pay them
Chances are the Bournemouth coaches would have cost a pay off too which prob ended the Howe game
Typical tight arses at play

All the while we have got the flowerpot men trying to do the coaching, our club will be going nowhere, so mediocrity at best, how the mighty have fallen

Back