Did Howe bottle it?

,,,, and by the way Slippy had no management experience when he arrived. Ange P na d Damien Duff. Now there is a team.

Howe was too lightweight to begin with. He was scared off by the notion the he and he alone would be responsible if he could not cut it. There is an expectaion at Celtic that he just could not live with. On to the next. At least Ange P is gutsy as the Aussie players will tell you.

Not a poll just a thought. Seems to me that Celtic offered Howe everything, his own management team, sure you expect that of any manager but his choice of DOF? That's a new one to me. Was the jock Stein end to be renamed the Howe end as well? This guy has been given an eternity and had Celtic not been working on an alternative we'd be looking at another Gordon/Forster type scenario. I also find it unusual that the club have come out and said hes not coming first. Hes a talented manager, one that the majority of us wanted but at what price? The more that comes out about this whole saga the more relieved I am it's not Howe, and I wanted him as well. There are many, many talented managers who would jump at the chance to manage Celtic and the " I want my DOF " doesnt quite add up for me I'd even go as far as saying I've never heard of anything like it. Celtic will appoint a top manager though Postecoglu I've no idea of his talents but the same can be said of wim Jansen and Venglos. I get the feeling that Howe was using Celtic to get a job in the EPL and he will probably without Hughes as his DOF as well. At the end of the day if Howe cannot work under a guy like Harkin or someone else then hes no business being Celtic manager. I am angry about the whole thing, hes left us blowing in the wind and thankfully McKay unlike lawell hasnt put all his eggs in one basket it seems. Its Howe who misses the big opportunity here not Celtic.
I think your right mate, he can go back to the English championship and feck about there vs the Wrexham and Doncaster’s of that league against a chance to put your wits against Europe’s elite teams your PSG’s and Barcelona’s of this world, .....He’s shat it.......bawbag.....

I agree with that Howe has bottled it
I would say he was more concerned about what goes on behind the scenes myself winter.
Any good manager would want to work with people he can trust.
Work for people who are prepared to match his ambition for success.
Many reasons as to why he has chosen to turn down the offer of a lifetime and will possibly never hear the full truth.
Either way it doesn't excuse how the board have handled this whole fiasco

I would say he was more concerned about what goes on behind the scenes myself winter.
Many reasons as to why he has chosen to turn down the offer of a lifetime and will possibly never hear the full truth.
Well what more than you're choice of DOF and management team and no peter lawell would he need ? Add to that hes kept us waiting 3 months, strung along and hes bottled it. Rather than take the opportunity of a lifetime and trust in the clubs DOF ( I believe that his team were for it) hes chosen mediocrity and money a recurring theme. We need guys like possibly Ange P who really want the job. HH

Well what more than you're choice of DOF and management team and no peter lawell would he need ? Add to that hes kept us waiting 3 months, strung along and hes bottled it. Rather than take the opportunity of a lifetime and trust in the clubs DOF ( I believe that his team were for it) hes chosen mediocrity and money a recurring theme. We need guys like possibly Ange P who really want the job. HH
We can play guessing games as much as we like but we will possibly never know the truth.
I will never have any trust in this board all the while PL traitor is involved and yet still involved in the thick of any negotiations.
He has continued to downsize the club over the last 3 seasons and this latest stroke about aussie guy is one step to far imo.
If that is the best candidate for our position who actually wants to take on the role then we must be in a far worse position than I ever thought

If you ask me john the chances are he’s met DD and McKay, been impressed by them and been bitten by though of managing Celtic. Spoke to the snake and others who have filled him in on the operation. He’s came back and said yes ok I’ll manage Celtic with assurances of X,Y,Z and my back room team delivered
It’s went tits up because the trio of guys at Bournemouth were on as much as we pay our top players and Celtic have balked at it

Last edited:
If you ask me john the chances are he’s met DD and McKay, been impressed by them and been bitten by though of managing Celtic. Spoke to the snake and others who have filled him in on the operation. He’s came back and said yes ok I’ll manage Celtic with assurances of X,Y,Z and my back room team delivered
It’s went tits up because the trio of guys at Bournemouth were on as much as we pay our top players and Celtic have balked at it
Money will always play a huge part in any negotiations Stg, and it's hardly like we seem to be doing that well currently with such an uneven pay structure for players especially last season

PETER BOSZ,

EUSEBIO DI FRANCESCO,

BRUNO LABBADIA,

BRUNO LAGE,

LEONARDO JARDIM,

MARCO SILVA,

CHRIS WILDER,

RAFA BENITEZ,

ERNESTO VALVERDE

LUCIEN FAVRE

DAVID WAGNER

there are plenty of top quality managers out of work just now. i would take anyone of the managers above

PETER BOSZ,

EUSEBIO DI FRANCESCO,

BRUNO LABBADIA,

BRUNO LAGE,

LEONARDO JARDIM,

MARCO SILVA,

CHRIS WILDER,

RAFA BENITEZ,

ERNESTO VALVERDE

LUCIEN FAVRE

DAVID WAGNER

there are plenty of top quality managers out of work just now. i would take anyone of the managers above

BRUNO LAGE

Or the wives of these guys at Bournemouth have looked at recent events in pure dead brilliant Scotland and thought no chance our families are gonna be part of that rancid hatred from the orcs....and Howe realised the same and shat it. Who knows . 😮

The suggestion that we should be okay with it because we’d never heard of either wim or dr jo is irrelevant
We’re Celtic and we should be attracting l a far bigger name than the new favourite.
This guy whatever his pedigree is an unknown to us and he knows little about Scottish football and has no experience of European football. We are 3 weeks from pre season training with half a team.
He will know little about his ‘enforced targets’. The chances of us attracting or keeping players with an unknown coach are greatly reduced.
The chances of him succeeding are therefore reduced. It’s a testament to our boards lack of understanding of us supporters feelings that they think they can take such a chance with this appointment and offer us more of the same.
We need someone with experience/gravitas who knows the game here, has actively participated in British/European football and can hit the ground running.
I think you’re right this guy could be another Pedro Caixinha but then again we could be left with Kennedy. Can’t help feeling we’ve been fucked over good and proper by this board who now want nothing other than our money

PETER BOSZ,

EUSEBIO DI FRANCESCO,

BRUNO LABBADIA,

BRUNO LAGE,

LEONARDO JARDIM,

MARCO SILVA,

CHRIS WILDER,

RAFA BENITEZ,

ERNESTO VALVERDE

JOHAN KENNEDI​

DAVID WAGNER

I would pass on Wilder to be honest

Second bottom of that list for me

You're right this is not a disaster and for me Howe just wanted too much of Celtic who were right to pull the plug imo. Not many will know of Ange P and his abilities including myself but it doesnt mean hes not got them. Any decent manager will beat slippy .
Slippy's team finished 25...yes 25, points ahead of us Winter. For me, a good start for us would be to acknowledge that fact. Only then will we be able to turn it round.

Slippy's team finished 25...yes 25, points ahead of us Winter. For me, a good start for us would be to acknowledge that fact. Only then will we be able to turn it round.
According to the athletic celtic first spoke to Howe in November. If that's the case, the board had lost faith in Lennon back then and decided to hand the league to sevco. That's fucking shameful.
Board members should acknowledge there terrible judgement and resign

Back