IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

A year ago today we lost a very special person in Michael.

“your life was one of kindly deeds
a helping hand for others needs
Sincere and true in heart and mind
Beautiful memories left behind”

this is the inscription on Pats headstone but it fits so well for Michael too and I hope they are both resting in peace.

Some lovely posts……
A wee poem fur oor Michael……

Don’t think of him as gone away
his journey’s just begun,
life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him as living
in the hearts of those he touched…
for nothing loved is ever lost
and he was loved so much.

RIP 🙏

Always been more of the night owl than the early bird, yet during the night you never felt alone as you MD was always around.
Still miss him very much to this day and still never forget about him during the night shift either and all of this from someone I've never met, such was the effect the great MD could have upon you.
Always in my thoughts and never forgotten MD.
HH and YNWA
Micks posts on the nightshift always gave me a laugh the next day.Never met the guy but clearly a big Celtic man who enjoyed making others happy .HH Mick and youre never forgotten☘️

Some cracking posts above troops 👏 been some year but the start losing MD😔 never met him but knew I wid love the guy if I did but what I did get to enjoy was his post from the previous nite shift I even spent a couple of nites way him on here even thru a text a he had a way to talk to you usually giving me it tight but that's was all good😁 I will meet him one day mind u I will need a day pass for heaven to go for heavenly pint way him😁 RIP MD SORELY MISSED BUT ALWAYS LOVED

I've told the story already of stumbling across The Noise and thinking I might have a sneaky peak to find out a bit more about it. Thing is, I'd already signed up to it quite some time previously, but never contributed to the various topics . Completely forgot about it.
That is something I very much regret. The reason for my regret is that I didn't get to know Michael. However, much as I feel I've missed out big time, reading the posts of you good folk has gone some way to compensate for that. Just to know of Michael is a privilege in itself.
The Noise isn't just a forum, it's a community. It's a band of brothers...and sisters. Michael was, and is, very much a foundation stone of our community. Just so long as The Noise flourishes, so the great man's memory will live in our hearts.YNWA Michael.

Well said comrade...

I joined the noise long after MD passed but it’s easy to see he must have been a very special man by the amount of affection shown by the noise family for him. He was mentioned the first day I joined and probably every day since which shows how high esteem he was held by everyone who had any dealings with him. RIP Michael YNWA 🙏

Bet he's up there just know wishing he could post the :poop: emoji

The years gone so quick and this time last year it was hard one for all to take

Moving from the Celtic blog to here i think had the making of him i would like to think he saw it as his own we fiefdom in a good way he could flourish and not have to put up with the bile allowed on the other blog

He would welcome new members encourage them to post and always tryn drag them into the conversation which was great to see

I was never a night shifter but you knew the night had been good if MD was still going strong at 8.30am ,used to enjoy reading the debates from the nights before especially on the cold mornings ,threads would always go off topic but who cared ,,,,a think nobody at all

i'm glad he found the noise , i'm glad he made it what it is HH🍀🍀

A year tomorrow since MD passed away. I have been thinking a lot about the auld fella over the last few days. I struggled when we lost him which is bizarre considering I had never even met the guy. But I felt like I knew him and their was a lot of love in his heart. Rest in peace, pal. 💚
Same here BB also never met him but felt like I knew him whenever I'm on the noise at 4a.m etc sometimes I'm the only one on that happened the other night and I was thinking I miss MD he was always on RIP faither of the noise YNWA HH 💚🙏🍀

The Noise isn't just a forum, it's a community. It's a band of brothers...and sisters. Michael was, and is, very much a foundation stone of our community. Just so long as The Noise flourishes, so the great man's memory will live in our hearts.YNWA Michael.
That's beautiful and accurate Frank we are a community on here MD was/is the faither like you so eloquently put it we are indeed a family virtually a better bunch you could only hope to meet. We all walk on with hope in our hearts HH

The community on here is unique in my view and it a brilliant way. It's unmatched by any other Celtic forum or group on Facebook or even on Twitter, none come anywhere close to what has happened on Celtic Noise. Michael had a huge part to play in that happening and the Noise is a fine legacy that he's left for us all to enjoy. How many of us thought that it wouldn't be the same without him yet he'd be delighted to know that it has flourished. It what was a bad year For Celtic losing Michael was the worst moment of the lot. He'd have loved Ange and all that's started to happen. It's great that he's still the centre of attention on the Noise and that thread will remain at the top of the forum where it belongs.

I didn’t know MD personally but I liked him so Nae offence to the rest of you when I say he was the best cunt on here and I am using the word cunt in an affectionate way
I tried bloke fellow and geezer but none of them seemed to suit
MD would have loved that post
It's a term of endearment from our era, and he wore that like a badge of honour
I can picture him sitting there with a twinkle in his eye as he gave his thoughts on someone who was starting something

I didn’t know MD personally but I liked him so Nae offence to the rest of you when I say he was the best cunt on here and I am using the word cunt in an affectionate way
I tried bloke fellow and geezer but none of them seemed to suit
Aye he was the best of cunts mick look at all these comments fae cunts like us🥳 the majority never met him thats some going btw to touch so many thru a keyboard I canny see anybody else getting a thread for eternity😆

Members online

Latest posts

Back