Kilmarnock v Celtic match thread

Poor performance on a dreadful pitch. Sky will be looking for their money back given the standard of the game today and at Pittodrie last weekend. The difference between them and us, neither of us could hardly create a chance, was their defenders did the basics. Our £7m CH didn’t, again, unfortunately Julien is a total liability on a plastic pitch, maybe we should play our other.......oh hang on!!!! Get a CH signed immediately, we’ve needed one since last season. And for those turning their nose up at signing Fletcher, if he was on the pitch today we would have won. He would have given their CHs as hard a time as Kabamba did ours and would have given Eddy the space to play in.
The biggest danger to 10IAR is ourselves, and the manager has to have a serious look at what the captain now contributes in a playing sense, not the leadership qualities which are unarguable but his performances today and last week was poor and you now need to question his place in the starting 11. His passing is woeful, he slows play down and he is losing as many one on one duels as he’s winning. Teams now target him. We lost 10IAR last time because we stuck with too many of the old guard too long, don’t let it happen again.
Aye, where's Jack Hendry, when we need him
:rolleyes: ;)

The debate seems to be Ntcham or Christie. Really it should be do we need to play Brown? We probably still do unless Soro is ready and can cover full backs and two centre halves who rarely win their battles. We're asking too much of Brown.
Let's be honest we play a formation with a lone striker and Eddy needs support. Neither Christie or Ntcham are a 10. The only one at the club is never fit enough to play and thats Rogic.
If we spread centre midfield and pull the wide men in a bit tighter to support Eddy we could play 4-3-3 and negate the need for a No 10. If we do that we don't play a pivot midfielder and Brwon's role is redundant. Allowing Calmac, Christie and Ntcham to play. The problem then is no-one covers the defence. And today showed we can't trust them to do their jobs without help. So we're back to a 3-5-2 and not enough personnel to cover that yet. Headache!

Like you say, drop Brown then you have no cover for the defence and you lose the only player that gives the team bite and leadership.

Last year the HUNS were singing their dirge "Dundee, Hamilton..."
Then they sort of clued in that they had lost to both clubs and the song sort of drifted away...laugh ?
Thought I'd hurt myself
COYBIG, that's what is missing, get it pumped through the tannoy
HH
I'm not so sure Killie would have been that obliging as to play Tim songs through their tannoy (sevvo songs is another matter).

Our problem today was not being able to break down a team who parks the bus! Agree there are defensive issues but they're the same defensive issues we had last week when we won 5-1.

Today we tried to play our way around and through a team who packed their 18 yrd box and all they had to do was hold firm, keep their shape and wait for a loose ball before trying to break. Our lack of a plan B allowed them to do that and they got their reward because of that.
Ach well am sure the Icelandic team will play. To oor strengths 🙈

Our problem today was not being able to break down a team who parks the bus! Agree there are defensive issues but they're the same defensive issues we had last week when we won 5-1.

Today we tried to play our way around and through a team who packed their 18 yrd box and all they had to do was hold firm, keep their shape and wait for a loose ball before trying to break. Our lack of a plan B allowed them to do that and they got their reward because of that.
At one point after another attack had broken down, they just hacked the ball out and into touch, for a throw in
I was thinking, it reminded me of school fitba, just hack it anywhere
And these cunts, are on thousands a week
SPFL in a nutshell
HH

This was the type of match where we struggled last season, Lenny brought on Jonny Hayes in the 65th minute, everyone moaned about him and we somehow fought like hell to scramble a late winner. There was no fight or desire by anyone on the pitch today.

As I watched the game I was also thinking this is the sort of match a fit and in-form Rogic would have made the difference, but we haven't seen him for nearly a couple of years now since he got injured yet again with Australia.

Personally I prefer Christie playing more central rather than being stuck out wide.

I think we are almost there with personnel for a 3-5-2, but we need a fast, physical left sided CB.
Maybe he came back fae lockdown a bit overweigh the Sydney Sun are calling him a lazy bastard ..... naw wait that’s ma son Sidney sayin that 😂😂😂 here you get the ten guitars right ya wee dick 😂😂😂😂

Members online

Latest posts

Back