Neil Lennon v Roberto Martinez

I never believed for a second the Marco rose for Celtic story. He loves the club , what it stands for and all the rest but that's it. Martinez however looks like it may actually be a goer of a story. Should he get the job it would in no two ways about it show ambition from the board, such a high profile name. Neil Lennon on the other hand has been there got the t-shirt etc and is a very safe pair of hands, especially given whats approaching for Celtic in the coming seasons. If Martinez genuinely does want the gig at parkhead can the Celtic board afford not to sign such a high profile worldwide name in football? Also in Lennon we know what we're getting a man who bleeds green and white, knows the pressures and the game. So question, Martinez and Lennon want the job. What do we think the Celtic board should Do? Appoint Martinez with the stature he brings and the players he could also bring, or appoint Lennon, a man whose seen it done it all before and has the credentials as well? What do yous think? If its true about Martinez who should get the job?

High profile managers come based on whats available to spend amongst other things.

For me that counts us out peter likes the money tucked up.

Can’t see it. Soz

Some people on here talk about green and white blood and guys being Celtic men. It's not good enough to have those traits if you're if you can't deliver the goods. Sure it's a bonus but look at BR? Was big Jock brought up a Celtic man? What about Bill Shankley? A true Liverpool fan fron birth?
I only want the best guy for the job full stop.
HH?

Lennys team selections so far don't inspire much confidence ,it will be interesting to see his next team selection

Yeah. I have been a little bemused and perturbed by the jiggery pokery goin on.

Hopefully just bang out the strongest team from here on in.
Must be shite trying to get the respect of men who think yer gone in a couple of months.

Hard position to be in. I think anyway

Ano the benefit of it Boab.

Just reckon the great accountant could get a better balancing act more fruitful to the football pal
I think the names branded about and the coverage giving to Celtic is a squirrel the team is top of and going for more records, the huns are in freefall murtman has a better record tham slippy. Lennon is here for eight and i will leave the decisions up to those who know best. After the Paddy day we posted 9 mill profit up to the markets and a signal went out to the media focus on Celtic and negativity.
murts.jpg

Some people on here talk about green and white blood and guys being Celtic men. It's not good enough to have those traits if you're if you can't deliver the goods. Sure it's a bonus but look at BR? Was big Jock brought up a Celtic man? What about Bill Shankley? A true Liverpool fan fron birth?
I only want the best guy for the job full stop.
HH?

Very true steviebhoy though I dont think anyone can deny lenny is a Celtic man, but so was Rodgers and both left saying they'd taken us as far as they could different circumstances (very) granted. Personally maself id like lenny to get the opportunity to lead us to 10 in a row. A triple treble on the top of that would be superb as to my knowledge it's never been done before by any club. So no pressure eh whoever gets the job

I think the names branded about and the coverage giving to Celtic is a squirrel the team is top of and going for more records, the huns are in freefall murtman has a better record tham slippy. Lennon is here for eight and i will leave the decisions up to those who know best. After the Paddy day we posted 9 mill profit up to the markets and a signal went out to the media focus on Celtic and negativity.
View attachment 1970

Yup. Totally said that after the nuggets treachoury.

Media overdrive. Sell papers and distract us by whoring the job to everyone and their uncle.

Disrespectful.

HH Boab ☘️

Cany see Lenny allowing that Kelly,Lenny said in his first interview he didn't want to change too much just now so i think Kennedy will keep him right in how Brendan worked.Lenny will do his own thing next season if he gets the job permanently.

If the choice was Lennon or Martinez, them it's Lennon for me. On the other hand if I had a choice of someone else, then I would like to see Eddie Howe from Bournemouth get the job. As for John Kennedy, he's far too big a risk. He needs to go away and get experience and prove he's good enough to manage Celtic.
Eddie Howe is a top manager in a top league, the league that we normally lose our managers and players to. For that reason alone Eddie Howe is a 1000-1 shot for me hes on his way to a top 6or 7 club in that division and at his young age remarkable. Benitez and Howe now been mentioned. If it was simply a choice of Celtic but without the spfl I believe both and many more would be in for it. Unfortunately it's Celtic and plastic pitches in the spfl and neither rose, Howe , or Benitez would go for that methinks

Eddie Howe is a top manager in a top league, the league that we normally lose our managers and players to. For that reason alone Eddie Howe is a 1000-1 shot for me hes on his way to a top 6or 7 club in that division and at his young age remarkable. Benitez and Howe now been mentioned. If it was simply a choice of Celtic but without the spfl I believe both and many more would be in for it. Unfortunately it's Celtic and plastic pitches in the spfl and neither rose, Howe , or Benitez would go for that methinks
Cash to spend will be a big factor but am sure Howe would love a crack at the CL and a team playing in front of 60 000 every week.Who knows .

Im sure he would but i personally think another season or 2 doing what hes been doing for Bournemouth will get him a crack at europe from an EPL side pochetinno looks likely to be moving on to a side that wins things soon so there's possibilities for Howe in the EPL at clubs like spurs and Everton with plenty cash as well

Back