Neil Lennon v Roberto Martinez

Love ,Lenny, but I don't think he's the solution long term. Personally I think were far enough ahead of the chasing pack on & off the park that 10 in a row is ours. I would love Stevie Clark but he was quick to rule himself out, but I think he would be open to an approach at the end of the season.

I want a manager that can take us to the next level in Europe, that's where the big money is last 16 & quarter finals & further if we can in Champions Lge or later stages of Europa Lge but not as much cash available. HAIL HAIL, COYBIG, GLASGOW'S GREEN & WHITE, RANGERS? WHO THE FVCK ARE RANGERS? HAIL HAIL

know he hasn't been hugely successful at management but what if the King of Kings came back to Paradise? I used to think he would but that's my heart ruling my head. ❤

I've been spending a lot of this "off time" watching videos of Celtic from past games going back five, 10, 15 years, etc., (not to mention watching videos of the Lisbon Lions), and I really wish I had been a Celtic fan (or even a football fan, for that matter) when Henrik Larsson was playing. He was phenomenal. Same with Shunsuke Nakamura -- what he could do with the ball is magic.

While Larsson is one of the all-time greats in my book, his managing record in Sweden leaves a little to be desired. And it comes down to this: In many instances (especially in American baseball) the greats sometimes don't make the best managers. Ted Williams is arguably the greatest hitter in the history of baseball, yet he was awful as a manager. Conversely, you get guys who are "lunchpail players" -- not flashy, but they come to work every game and get the job done without fanfare -- who tend to rise up and be good managers.

I see Neil Lennon in that same vein. My hope is that he succeeds and he stays at the helm for quite some time, however I would not argue with getting the best available, whoever that may be (but my money's still on Lenny).

Marco Rose is hardly a respected or widely touted name in Europe.

He manages the team he's at...says it all.
Martinez?...mwaah

David Wagner.....he'd be my choice in this meandering thread of impossible ....things.

David Wagner would fit with our club.
Price....tick
Tictacs..neu..tick
Suprise... ballons...big tick

Another 2 season wonder...which will be our financial model....if only......

Sounds very interesting
I'd considered the interesting idea of the small, handsome, bearded guy laying his hands across our club...month or so ago.

Neil is the boss...so everyone...are you listening?...Fuck, sorry, I'm not doing my podcast...that was embarrassing.

I'd considered the interesting idea of the small, handsome, bearded guy laying his hands across our club...month or so ago.

Neil is the boss...so everyone...are you listening?...Fuck, sorry, I'm not doing my podcast...that was embarrassing.

Thats bound to make sense to the comprehenders

Define handsome?

No, huns are not handsome.

But surely that defies your own statement about handsome being as handsome does, I met a hun couple on bus once, when i heard hun chick call her bloke handsome, which i found quite strange since, as you quite rightly assert, huns are not handsome.

Therefore, my dilemma is, is handsome definable?

And under your definition, there is quite clearly a failure to communicate, as explained when the hun chick called her hun male something that has already be categorically proven to be impossible by even your own quotation above.

Which begs the question, why use an undefinable adjective when talking about persons when its clearly an inappropriate and incomprehensible description when your trying to be candidly clear?

Last edited:
I have to say I think it will be Lenny as we won’t go for anybody with ambition who will ask for the tin to be opened. Rogers didn’t go to a shit mid table club as a first choice.

He went because it was clear to him that he would not be allowed to progress the way he wished.,

Will either Rose or Martinez want a job that sees us continually handed our arses in Europe, destroying their credibility? No fucking chance. All this talk of top drawer managers is as futile as us hoping for top drawer players.

Our board are cheapskate bastards. Until that changes, no one with a pedigree or ambition to build one will touch us.

As long as the go cheap and hope model pervades every fibre of our strategy, then hoping people who can take us to the next level is insanity. It’s Lenny or Clarke all day long.

Can't believe some of the names being bandied about as possible new managers. Eddie Howe, Benitez etc, there's no way they'd get the same money here as they would in the EPL or Championship and in the Championship jobs become vacant on a regular basis. It's a no-brainer that they wouldn't up sticks and move to Scotland.

Much as I admire Lenny I still think we should keep moving forward instead of backwards and if we can attract someone like wee Roberto Martinez then he would be my preferred option. Of course EPL clubs might tempt him away if he's successful but that could happen with any successful Celtic manager.
I brought up Eddie Howe shamrock. I didn't do it based on inside information, I was merely saying that IF I had a choice of new manager, then that's who I would pick. He's a young manager who is working wonders with Bournemouth. I understand the draw of the English league and all that, but who knows what wages he's on? Rodgers was on 45grand a week (obviously not enough for him),is Howe getting that at Bournemouth? And maybe he would like to have a chance to test himself in Europe and actually win trophies??
As for Martinez, the more I think of him, the more I think, what has he won as a manager? One fa cup and a league one, hardly setting the world on fire. So I would stick with Lennon for now and maybe try for Howe. I know it's a long shot, but who knows?

Back