New Celtic manager , who do we want?

Who do you want as the inevitable new manager?

• WGS

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Frank Lampard

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Steve Clarke

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Martin O'Neil

• Other (please state)

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Martinez /Maloney

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
Eddie Howe all day long for me
Good.young manager and hungry for success
I think he would.relish the chance to manage a team in Europe.

I suspect we'll sit back until.he gets snapped up by another team then we'll get the reports about how Celtic tried to sign him but he didn't want to wait 5 years while they made their mind up over Lennon.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Eddie Howe all day long for me
Good.young manager and hungry for success
I think he would.relish the chance to manage a team in Europe.

I suspect we'll sit back until.he gets snapped up by another team then we'll get the reports about how Celtic tried to sign him but he didn't want to wait 5 years while they made their mind up over Lennon.
Howe linked with Crystal Palace job. Seems the plan was for Roy Hodgson to step down at the end of the season but the pressure is now on to replace him now and allow new manager a few months working with players and assessing them ahead of next season.

I don't get why everyone wants howe. A man who got hinched from Bournemouth. Surely we need to be aiming higher than that.
He ticks many of the boxes we need.
Good coach, can work within tight budgets, understands the modern game and players, hard working and always looking to improve, could go on, but not much of a comparison when you look at our current set up

Oh my - that sounds like a sensible plan make by a competent board.
Steve Clarke if we are going to change manager then I would back Steve Clarke 100%, has a good pedigree and would be comfortable round about players, has also a good chemistry with players and respected, not saying NL does not just if we are going to change then take him and his backroom staff of his choice.

Steve Clarke if we are going to change manager then I would back Steve Clarke 100%, has a good pedigree and would be comfortable round about players, has also a good chemistry with players and respected, not saying NL does not just if we are going to change then take him and his backroom staff of his choice.

Said he couldn't stand or take the sectarianism in Scotland
The Hun press would drive him out.

Seems irrelevant anyway
Talk is Shaun Maloney is already talking to the board.

Unless they can find a cheaper option

Seems to be a lot of bad vibes.

I think Lennon is gone. At least I hope we get new manager next season.

But until the picture is clearer on a few fronts and Cup still very possible and league officially done, I still have hope that Lennon can navigate some sort of mitigation of this season.

Until the financial picture is clearer Im no so sure a new manager will be any better this season than Lennon.

Its possible but its also just as risky to change things until

1 Finance situation presents itself more coherently
2 Plan of future has been explained

I really dont think it helps with the potential of this season to hating the current setup until the fat lady sings.

Lennon not doing well enough
But I still hope win win every game he in charge until he leaves

What happens if lennon succeeds in 10 in a row, hypothetical i know but do wee then keep him or move on.? I am interested in your thought's.
think he needs to go for his poor management of large resources and his finger pointing antics and general weird analysis/behaviour this season.

Hope he gets 10 and bows out on a high, helicopter Style

Needs to go.

Spent a lot and hardly plays his own signings

His style of football is not efficient and his selections aren't actually suited to the style he adopts.

Even when he claims it was wonderful match, reality is it was dull to watch and really quite head scratching at times.

Need a new manager even if we win league imo

He cant organise team well, and if our players are not much better than other players in Scotland I think we would struggle to be top 6 playing that bizarre style.

high balls with no proper target men

poor crossers playing widest

3 and 4 number 10s all out of position quite often and on pitch at same time

strikers no getting picked to play striker

wingers no played as wingers

huge gaps between players forcing long hopeful passes

knackering the players by running about and actively encouraging long shots rather than most efficient pass

porous defence due to the lopsided shape chosen and isolating defenders with poor options and poor support

and the multitude of number tens not really equipped to do the leg work required of a ball playing centre midfield

poor options and poor use of space in system

and subs are mystifying at times

cant get his players motivated to be fit enough never mind Champions league quality.

red card

Last edited:
Back