Rennes v Celtic - Europa League, Thursday 19 September. kick-off 17.55

Thats how you wanna see a Celtic team play in europe on the front foot well pleased with the way we played

someone tie Ajers arms by his sides

Thought we'd get a draw at the very least before the game started , we had nothing to fear i only caught the 2nd half last 30 mins but we looked good

The ref what a shambles he puts scottish refs to shame for the bizzare sending off , Bayo needs to play smarter their goalie is one cheating bstrd

Hayes tackle spot on nowt wrong with it ,had all the hall marks of a winner and a bit of jozo about it

shock result was Lazio maybe there not as good as we think they are

onwards and upwards
Hoopy missed the first hauf as well...... strange that! 🐈 🐶🐱

Missed the first 70 mins how was Boli playing wise
Set up a great chance for Elyounoussi but looked a bit shy of it defensively first half. He grew into it but picked up an injury second half so Taylor might get his chance now. One thing I'd say about Boli is he is already a class attacking wing back type. Its up to our coaches to make him a defender. The parts are there they will be responsible for putting it together. If they do that he's the real deal in the making.

Bastaart!

sevco already blowin out there arse
Set up a great chance for Elyounoussi but looked a bit shy of it defensively first half. He grew into it but picked up an injury second half so Taylor might get his chance now. One thing I'd say about Boli is he is already a class attacking wing back type. Its up to our coaches to make him a defender. The parts are there they will be responsible for putting it together. If they do that he's the real deal in the making.
Thanks Niall

Top performance from the bhoys tonight and a cracking result against a good outfit in their own midden. Play to those levels in the return fixture and I think we'll turn this mob over as they got every decision going from that shambolic attention seeker of a ref. He wanted to give it the 'big I am' and be seen to be the man in control which is ironic as he completely lost the plot and his every decision (our penalty aside) seemed to based purely on the reaction from the home support. Pathetic weak refereeing. The Bayo red was ridiculous and should be appealed as soon as humanly possible.

Only thing I would say about the performance is that some of our decision making has to be better at times. Ajer gifted them the lead with a stupid unnecessary and clumsy lunge when he could have just ushered the Rennes player out to the byline. Forrest, Christie and Calmac were guilty of trying to be far too clever far too often in both the central midfield and in and around the Rennes box.

Instead of just playing the simpler pass which would have carved them open just the same they tried to be smart either with some daft unnecessary flick, trying to dummy the ball without checking if there was anyone there behind them to run on to it or trying to dribble through a mass of bodies which led to quite a few wasted opportunities that could have won us the game.

I don't want to be too harsh because I thought we played brilliant tonight. It was a mature and measured performance, especially from Julien, Elhamed Eddy and Elyounoussi who had great games, but at this level we have to be more clinical with the chances we get. It's not the SPFL where you're always likely to get another opportunity, not many chances come your way at this level so to spurn those we do get by over-complicating things or trying to be too clever is going to eventually come back and bite us on the arse. Lenny needs to have a word on this, if we can cut this out then we'll be winning these games instead of having to settle for a draw because we played well enough to win that tonight.

All in all a great result and overall performance so well done to Lenny and the bhoys (y)

Back