Serbia v SCOTLAND

Must admit, seeing the players reaction, christies interview and videos like the one above definitely made me happy. And, for the 1st time since I've moved to England, not having the piss ripped out me for scotlands epic failures was a good feeling. Didnt think I'd care as much as I have. Im not being a glory hunter....I dont think....my dislike has always been a hatred of the people in charge as apposed to the actual team....ill hold my hands up now, I had a bit of a debate with TV over why a celtic player would want to play for Scotland, I disagreed with it. But seeing what it meant to christie last night I now get it...they don't give a fuck about the blazers...they are proud to represent their country and nothing else...hands up, you were right TV1 👍👍
Fair enough Lubo. Like most Scotland fans I separate the freeloading freemason blazers that ruin our national sport from the actual country. Just the same as I don't really like many of the senior folk who run Celtic. I appreciate this is difficult for many of our fans to do due the shear incompetence and corruption at the SFA but that is how I manage to juggle such opposite emotions (denial and sticking my head in the sand really).

Must admit, seeing the players reaction, christies interview and videos like the one above definitely made me happy. And, for the 1st time since I've moved to England, not having the piss ripped out me for scotlands epic failures was a good feeling. Didnt think I'd care as much as I have. Im not being a glory hunter....I dont think....my dislike has always been a hatred of the people in charge as apposed to the actual team....ill hold my hands up now, I had a bit of a debate with TV over why a celtic player would want to play for Scotland, I disagreed with it. But seeing what it meant to christie last night I now get it...they don't give a fuck about the blazers...they are proud to represent their country and nothing else...hands up, you were right TV1 👍👍
very well said, you have to remember these guys despite being loaded now were once wee guys who kicked about imagining they were scoring for Scotland in a World Cup Final. We grew up with jaikets for goal posts, they grew up with no ball games signs. Different time yes however its still the beautiful game we all know though corrupted by greedy bastards.
But once they step on that grass they're playing for their nation and their people. That would be enough motivation for me.
But just cos your shite doesn't mean your not trying and as we know well though thankfully not for a long time, failure makes success that bit sweeter and right now it tastes great

very well said, you have to remember these guys despite being loaded now were once wee guys who kicked about imagining they were scoring for Scotland in a World Cup Final. We grew up with jaikets for goal posts, they grew up with no ball games signs. Different time yes however its still the beautiful game we all know though corrupted by greedy bastards.
But once they step on that grass they're playing for their nation and their people. That would be enough motivation for me.
But just cos your shite doesn't mean your not trying and as we know well though thankfully not for a long time, failure makes success that bit sweeter and right now it tastes great
We have taken the bad run so let's enjoy this success. A team of Scots with no big Heidi's, just triers playing for each other.

Clarke did admit after that he thought it was over and the game tbf looked that way but this is Scotland and even Marshall checked the linesman first before celebrating his save, if theres 5 seconds left Scotland can still throw away a lead. We are like Germany taking those penalties 10 for 10 in 2 games and all awesome strikes. We can win our group next game and its wtf ? We win that group and it's back to getting thumped by Belgium and the other A list nations but well done stevie Clarke for making Scotland as good as ally macleods Scotland (🤫shhh dont mention the nations league)
Seriously Winter, I know it sounds a bit mental considering the last 20-odd years, but if Gordhun McQueen and Danny McGrain were fit for '78, then Scotland had a punchers chance of going deep into that tournament.

If Alan Rough built a wall that didn't include Lou Macari and Asa Hartford and if Don Masson decided to blast a penalty instead of passing it, then Scotland still might have gone far?

Peru and Iran............fucking Paddington Bear and Ayatollah Khomeini could have played for those two and Scotland still would have ballsed it up.

Feck they mention McFaddens goal, i was Canada and on the way to Toronto airport to go home so we did Niagra Falls/CNN Tower then struggled to find anywhere to watch that game. Stumbled upon a French restaurant, 20 mins into game, they're watching on a fecking OXO Cube. First course over, Faddy rattles the back of the net, we went mental in Scottish and so did they in French at us,
We never stayed for the mains :)

I got bored waiting on Scotland making it to a tournament yonks ago, so won't become some glory hunting type fan now they have. Honestly couldn't give a jobby.
I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it either way, but I'll take it all the same, Fader. Had my Da' crowing in my lug for 20-years aboot Ireland reaching the finals of tournaments and me getting the cold shoulder for supporting Scotland in the Euro qualifiers for '88.

Blessed by my heritage, cursed by my country

Members online

Latest posts

Back