Sparta Prague v Celtic - Thursday 26 November, kick-off 5.55pm live on BT Sport 3

Happy to reboot. But I’m pretty sure I was called a hun for simply daring to suggest that Lennon’s appearance and demeanour was reflected in the team.
I am not hun. I grew up in a part of the world where not being being a hun made me a ‘legitimate target’ for loyalist murder gangs. I spent my youth thinking it was entirely normal to bolt when a car slowed down beside me - because it might be a gang of loyalist killers. Billy Wright and his vermin pals stalked my streets.
I despise Sevco and the animalistic loyalist filth that follow them.
I remember exactly where I was when we stopped the 10 (with a girl who had no interest in football and with whom I was trying to pretend I was interested whilst trying to hear the radio). I remember the sick feeling of helicopter Sunday.
I remember the elation when the orcs went bust. I still chuckle about Mr Custard. The banter years.
Our club is bigger than Neil Lennon’s ego, but right now Lennon is damaging our club so badly I fear we will be looking at a decade of setback.
So, fuck those of you who call me a hun. You sound like the worst paranoid bigots on Rangers Media.
Been a Celt all my life. Have been physically attacked because of it. Lennon is a fucking disaster right now. We are facing oblivion.
Oblivion

After all you been through

Wow

Still no heard the better plan to avoid oblivion

Still no heard the better manager you want?

Still no heard the wage budget or the players you want that are better than current bunch

Still no heard anything but abuse from you.

You would think you had a lot in common with Lennon. Strange you hate his win record at celtic.

Oblivion is what happens if you rack up unsustainable debts.

thats why they are dead.

new club going for 1

and are up to their knees in debts and mounting wage bills

impretty sure they are closer to death than us.

lennon hasn't been great this season, he needs to find a solution or he is getting replaced. I suspect he getting replaced either way.

TyroneCelt said:

"Some melt on here just announced that I’m not from Tyrone. Fk me you have some thick bastards on this site. I mean, like, super-duper backward"

Sound like you have just lumped in a whole lotta people, when you have went from single to group and tagged them all the same. Lot of intelligent people would see that as a fight as opposed to fighting a corner, if you are not a hun, why are you answering people back and not refuting the allegations made, all Tims i know woulld fight their corner on this accusation before even attempting to engage in conversations, you want to make the outlay as clear as; like fuck you, first of all I am a tim and secondly i will prove it. But you have just attacked and lumped everyone in to a pot and lit the flame. So prove your credentials, show other blogs you apperaed on etc etc and take them back through the years of following Celtic.

Watched this the other day. Sounds like LENNY.....
not for me

doesn't strike me as capable of handling the pressure

Bit hard to judge but his love was bournemouth, I doubt he would have ever experienced the level of pressure that comes with celtic.

Might be good manager?

Sounds like Warburton 1 style fits all.

Doesn't sound like the kind of manager we would need

not for me

doesn't strike me as capable of handling the pressure

Bit hard to judge but his love was bournemouth, I doubt he would have ever experienced the level of pressure that comes with celtic.

Might be good manager?

Sounds like Warburton 1 style fits all.

Doesn't sound like the kind of manager we would need
I had my doubts also tet about howe but there again I would have doubts about any manager coming in.
Was very impressed by what I heard from him on the MNF.
There are many plus points to his management awareness but the question that remains is will he be able to handle the pressure at a club like celtic.
Unless the club change there plans on how they run the club i would say it would be very hard to attract a top class manager.
Another rebuilding job is needed and yet the continuation of success expected so no easy task for anyone.
We also need to start getting back to becoming a force again in Europe, which is not going to happen all the while we stick with this 2 year merry go around plan at present.
Lucky for us there is still value in player's mind you that will be dropping sharply on current form.
Looks like better work needs to be done between manager and recruitment as this is another huge area where millions is been lost.
I would say in modern day football you need to be looking for young talent that are very adaptable to the modern game more so than the old style player like a duffy who are 1 way only type of player.
Is lenny capable of overseeing such a project at hand? Not a chance of it as we have already seen the lack of game time given to players bought in compared to the want aways.
The club is in a mess from top to bottom that needs sorting out urgently and I fear it may get worse before any signs of it getting any better, and for that I would find it totally unacceptable from this board to let our club slump to this poor level as what we have seen and still preparing to risk taking things to even lower levels this season under lenny.

I had my doubts also tet about howe but there again I would have doubts about any manager coming in.
Was very impressed by what I heard from him on the MNF.
There are many plus points to his management awareness but the question that remains is will he be able to handle the pressure at a club like celtic.
Unless the club change there plans on how they run the club i would say it would be very hard to attract a top class manager.
Another rebuilding job is needed and yet the continuation of success expected so no easy task for anyone.
We also need to start getting back to becoming a force again in Europe, which is not going to happen all the while we stick with this 2 year merry go around plan at present.
Lucky for us there is still value in player's mind you that will be dropping sharply on current form.
Looks like better work needs to be done between manager and recruitment as this is another huge area where millions is been lost.
I would say in modern day football you need to be looking for young talent that are very adaptable to the modern game more so than the old style player like a duffy who are 1 way only type of player.
Is lenny capable of overseeing such a project at hand? Not a chance of it as we have already seen the lack of game time given to players bought in compared to the want aways.
The club is in a mess from top to bottom that needs sorting out urgently and I fear it may get worse before any signs of it getting any better, and for that I would find it totally unacceptable from this board to let our club slump to this poor level as what we have seen and still preparing to risk taking things to even lower levels this season under lenny.
hard bit is like the players we buy

need to be able to adapt and evolve against diff opps

And thats pretty hard if you never had that our unique brand of high pressure

we demand fancy football with attacking flair mostly

but imo we dont have enough top grade players to pull that off in europe

And its very difficult to practise the counter style unless you have good attacking unit opps

So its always tough for even best coaches in our weird wee country with 2 huge clubs

DR jo was world class coach

no really suited to demands here

but his level of understanding and ability was top drawer

its a hard one at best of times

and money isn't the answer

guys connected to club are cut bit more slack in hard times

trouble is the hysteria side this season doesn't help

we really aren't a poor team

we have resources like never before

we have good players for this country

we have many mentally tough players and a manager who been through more than most could handle

he does need replaced imo

but im not sure anybody could do better result wise without upgrade in finances

simply because playing defensive football is anathema in scotland for us

And in europe we play better strength teams used to countering and because we dont get tested often enough with good counter teams we are very weak when we play good teams in one off

I have not been impressed with lennon tactics

or his press conference up and downs

but if battle hardened lenny loved by support finding the pressure hot

next guy needs to be prepared to handle pressure cooker with guys he didn't sign

tough ask

and I cant imagine many wanting it this season anyway

not unless he getting massive warchest

but from where

and how long can you hold onto big wage players before you fold

even with extra 50 million every season it doesn't add the quality needed imo to make dent in europe

And it still runs the same pressure cooker getting into europe with these guys maybe even more pressure

imo we need to cut cloth and develop our own but that means risking losing league even more

so its rock and hard place

we need get balance right

we aren't really in a hole yet.

But we need form and now

And new manager cant guarantee that.

Might even make us worse in short term.

I would prefer a new manager anyway, but its no guarantee he get any more points than lenny weird system

Thanks for that, TC. That was a decent response and it's greatly appreciated.

As I mentioned, you made some great points regarding fitness. It's a big factor, especially in modern football. The days of turning up for training and playing 5-a-sides has long gone and Lenny has to be much more of a physical presence at training sessions and construct a proper training programme and regimen.

He is also on the record as far as his philosophies on tactics and knowledge of the opposition. Whether that is the case or not, by even mentioning this - he opens himself up to criticism and by the way we set up for games, it's clear that he probably doesn't do his homework on the opposition.

I don't want to harp on, but your valid points are worth talking about. I'm interested in those opinions and the suggestions you have to remedy them.
Thanks for that, TC. That was a decent response and it's greatly appreciated.

As I mentioned, you made some great points regarding fitness. It's a big factor, especially in modern football. The days of turning up for training and playing 5-a-sides has long gone and Lenny has to be much more of a physical presence at training sessions and construct a proper training programme and regimen.

He is also on the record as far as his philosophies on tactics and knowledge of the opposition. Whether that is the case or not, by even mentioning this - he opens himself up to criticism and by the way we set up for games, it's clear that he probably doesn't do his homework on the opposition.

I don't want to harp on, but your valid points are worth talking about. I'm interested in those opinions and the suggestions you have to remedy them.
If Christie takes corners tomorrow then we’ll know without a shadow of doubt that Lennon is making it up as he goes along.

People talk about Lenny not getting sacked because he is the ‘cheap option’. I don’t get that. Lawwell is a hard-nosed businessman. He knows full well the multimillions Lennon has already cost the club in CL failures and through the devaluation of our star players (who’d pay £15m for Ntcham now?) Lawwell also knows - probably to the last penny - the financial catastrophe facing us if Lennon blows the 10. So it doesn’t make sense to me to say that Lennon is being retained because of the cost of replacing him. The financial rewards of securing a competent, professional manager would vastly outweigh the small hit of compensating Lennon and telling him to do one.
I actually think the problem goes much deeper and is fundamentally more concerning: Lawwell and the directors are bored. They’ve lost interest. They’re not fans like us. They don’t get it. Celtic, to them, is a financial ‘toy’, a plaything that once brought good returns with little effort. Now the toy has lost its lustre; it requires too much effort to be enjoyable for them now.
They’re happy to let the project trundle on; happy to allow us drift into second place behind Sevco; the club will still make a bit of money for them. They’re happy to allow Sevco to take the lead. Sure Celtic will still be making money. But I think our directors just can’t be arsed anymore to put in that extra effort to make the changes that would bring the multimillions. They know Celtic will survive as a relatively successful business with the zero amount of effort on their part. Those guys have never given a damn about the 10.

People talk about Lenny not getting sacked because he is the ‘cheap option’. I don’t get that. Lawwell is a hard-nosed businessman. He knows full well the multimillions Lennon has already cost the club in CL failures and through the devaluation of our star players (who’d pay £15m for Ntcham now?) Lawwell also knows - probably to the last penny - the financial catastrophe facing us if Lennon blows the 10. So it doesn’t make sense to me to say that Lennon is being retained because of the cost of replacing him. The financial rewards of securing a competent, professional manager would vastly outweigh the small hit of compensating Lennon and telling him to do one.
I actually think the problem goes much deeper and is fundamentally more concerning: Lawwell and the directors are bored. They’ve lost interest. They’re not fans like us. They don’t get it. Celtic, to them, is a financial ‘toy’, a plaything that once brought good returns with little effort. Now the toy has lost its lustre; it requires too much effort to be enjoyable for them now.
They’re happy to let the project trundle on; happy to allow us drift into second place behind Sevco; the club will still make a bit of money for them. They’re happy to allow Sevco to take the lead. Sure Celtic will still be making money. But I think our directors just can’t be arsed anymore to put in that extra effort to make the changes that would bring the multimillions. They know Celtic will survive as a relatively successful business with the zero amount of effort on their part. Those guys have never given a damn about the 10.
Is that your better plan?

talk us through the financial castastropge

They know that an expensive manager will be better

sounds good.

how does it work?

you spend more and you get more? When and how?

cost the club is not same as failed to earn

besides the costs get eaten by bonuses mostly

club could have earned more but didnt

you keep harping on about money

but no doing any maths to support your big claims

There’s me thinking war and peace wiz turgid 😂😂😂😂

your the one with the plan that doesn't have any figures?

would he be worth more if we had a different manager?
Dumbest question of the year.
A player properly coached by a focused, organised professional manager can only improve if the basic talent is there. Barkas, like a lot of our players, has the talent. The problem is he’s been allowed to regress because our idiot manager hasn’t a clue how to help him build on his strengths. The Rat, for all his failures, got players performing to the max of their potential. Lennon teaches players to be the worst they can be. He leads by example on that score.

Back