Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Quite a hefty price to pay for a goalkeeper. I think 5/6 is reasonable and TBH when you consider Gordon and Bain are still here, its not exactly a position we are struggling in.
Gordon would have to be let go and Bain would have to be content in No2, I would not let Gordon go on a free and would not let Bain go out on loan, So time for PL to barter with Southampton, half the price and a player or two.
I think Gordon's contract has expired and he is free to join anyone.

Southampton have given their asking price for Fraser Forster £10m is their price.
A lot of money for a guy in his thirties even though it is a goalkeeper but not so much money when you consider it enhances our chances significantly of making another piece of history,I would definitely pay the asking price.
I would also pay 1m for Dykes as a back up to Eddy and Griff,I dont think he has great skills but he without a doubt has great strength which is not a bad a thing for a target man.

HH.
Doubt we'll be spending 10 million on any player anytime soon.We've two very capable back up keepers so not too worried if we get priced out of signing big Fraser.

Quite a hefty price to pay for a goalkeeper. I think 5/6 is reasonable and TBH when you consider Gordon and Bain are still here, its not exactly a position we are struggling in.
Gordon would have to be let go and Bain would have to be content in No2, I would not let Gordon go on a free and would not let Bain go out on loan, So time for PL to barter with Southampton, half the price and a player or two.
Get what you r saying boab, but none of them are anywhere near big Fraser's quality. I agree 10 million is a lot but if we qualify for CL then that's the money paid bk. Hopefully PL gets the asking price dwn a good bit and we get the big man 👍

The smart Gordon will hang around a few weeks Bridie Bhoy because he knows the offer on the table will probably be around double he will be offered by any other club..he is not being greedy,just sensible..

HH.
Yeah - he is looking after himself. No point him signing again if we then go and buy FF. If that falls through then Gordon knows he will probably be our next first choice and so sogn on (I bet Bain will fight hard for it too).

At least CG is sensible enough to stay quiet and keeps his options open.

But it isn't correct to say we still have Bain & CG at this moment in time.

Get what you r saying boab, but none of them are anywhere near big Fraser's quality. I agree 10 million is a lot but if we qualify for CL then that's the money paid bk. Hopefully PL gets the asking price dwn a good bit and we get the big man 👍
Could argue that no team in the SPL are more of threat that Gordon and Bain could not handle and in Europe Gordon has experience in abundance as a reliable keeper, if you consider he would be required if the wall was injured then there is no doubt he is up to the role.

The Independent are reporting that Arsenal and Chelsea are interested in Big Fraser noo. £10m is the price Southampton want fur the Gran Muralla.
Is the Big Man rich enough to resist the dough and stay for the glory of ten.
I really hope he stays. We should give Craig Gordon ( coaching role part-time?) another year just in case.
FF is crucial for the ten me thinks. He is an icon here, Barcelona, Lazio, The League cup final and many more. C'mon tae fuck big man.....glory and immortality awaits Tis your destiny

This is why we need to break the bank for the big man

Bang on. We will get another five years out of the big man. He will help us in Europe too and one qualification to the CL repays the fee six times over. We need him, he wants to stay, pay the money Celtic. We are on the cusp of doing 10 and more. This is not a time to blink. If we don't go for him it will give Sevco a massive boost when it's a massive boot in the baws to them that's required. Get it done. Lenny will be as desperate as us to sign him.

This transfer window will be like no other in history. We live in a world where there is no prospect of football as usual with fans for the foreseeable future. Football clubs are a business and they have income and expenditure. Income must exceed expenditure for viability, Some expenditure is fixed and inevitable so finance directors look to reduce variable expenditure. 70% of expenditure can be on wages. This is the main area for expenditure reduction. Contracts are not being renewed. Selling players and receiving a transfer fee and taking them off the wage bill increases income and reduces expenditure. Every club would like to do this. But every sale is matched by a purchase. This therefore becomes a classical buyers market. Cash rich clubs will have a huge advantage. Cash strapped clubs will have to take whatever price is offered. If we want to have a fabulous season then we need to field the best team available within the economic circumstances. I expect there will be lots of loan deals. We need to secure and strengthen our squad but this is a tightrope. I reckon this season will be a great time for our development squad to stake their place in the team. Expect the unexpected.
FFS🥱🥱🛌💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

Jackson Irvine always gave our best Broonie a tough game when he was at Killie, strong in the tackle and can carry the ball, I haven't seen much of him at Hull, but definitely liked his style at the Ayrshire huns.

I'd take him, especially if muderfekir is moving.

A cross between Broonie and Rogic, yip give him a go.

Members online

Back