Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Celtic in talks for Peterborough striker Ivan Toney...

Stopped reading when i seen i seen the sources were the scottish sun and football insider, c'mon Celtic Star,your better than that!

Celtic in talks for Peterborough striker Ivan Toney...

That worries me. £5million sounds like an Edouard replacement not that Bayo isn't working out. Paranoid? possibly.
As an aside if we're going head to head with Brentford we better get our man. I have too many mates that are Brentford fans who won't let me hear the end of it😓

He's askin £9million for a player who cost them 300 grand! ah'll wait on an official statement,rather than clickbait,sorry Niall.
Fair enough MD (y) . No way they'll get 9mill. If Brentford are interested he's got through a tough vetting system. Their recruitment is shit hot. Personally at 5 mill I'd hope he'd play his fitba in a pair of gloves. We have higher priorities keeping them out the net than putting them away.

Football insider????? geeza break! CLICK FECKIN BAIT! Jesus!

It's not click-bait it is a rumour that is more honestly and accurately reported on The Celtic Star than for instance another Celtic site that I've just checked which claims that the player's transfer fee will be £11m and that the source of the story is a report in Scottish Sun on Sunday.

When Barry Fry stated the other day that he had kept Celtic informed that another club had met his valuation and he hadn't heard back from Celtic - the MSM then some Celtic sites followed by claiming the Celtic had been priced out of a move for the striker. You didn't read that on The Celtic Star.

Maybe Celtic didn't reckon he'd be worth £11m? Who knows....

The report in Football Insider - a site that does mix some reliable info ( as they have deals with some folk inside the game) with heavy promotion and click bait - give us the information that Brentford are the team and the bid is £5m not £11m as you can read elsewhere this morning.

Our instinct is to report on this as it seems more likely. Are Celtic locked in talks? Don't know.

Has a club met an £11m valuation or is it £5m? The latter seems much more realistic in the current climate.

Have Celtic been priced out of a deal that they wanted to do? There has been NOTHING concrete about that anywhere other than the Scottish MSM drawing the conclusion from Barry Fry's comments the other day and some Celtic sites then running with it.

There are judgments that we make every day on content - we don't always get it right. Yesterday in Niall's article there was some very accurate info that came from a very reliable source but in these circumstances all we can do is pass on the information and hope that you can read between the lines.

The trick is, carry a wee salt mill with you at all times during the transfer window, add a wee pinch everytime you read a rumour, out of the dozens of targets we've been linked to, maybe one or two might have a bid put in, I prefer the out of the blue transfers that leave the press looking stupid.

The trick is, carry a wee salt mill with you at all times during the transfer window, add a wee pinch everytime you read a rumour, out of the dozens of targets we've been linked to, maybe one or two might have a bid put in, I prefer the out of the blue transfers that leave the press looking stupid.

I'm with you Ben. I let the rumours zoom over my head until a player is standing in Paradise holding aloft a scarf for the meeja to photograph in a not very creative way. Most of the work is going on behind the scenes and that's as it should be.

Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos has agreed personal terms with Ligue 1 side Lille and the two clubs are now negotiating a fee for the Colombian international.

Lille are in the market for a striker this summer to replace their star forward Victor Osimhen, who is expected to leave the French club this summer, with Napoli reportedly close to signing him.

Back