Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

With A Week Until The Season Starts, We Are Light On Options...

If anybody is surprised we have done fuck all with only a week to go to the biggest season, may I suggest they consult a doctor and report their memory loss.

A week to go and fuck all. Just let that sink in.

If anybody is surprised we have done fuck all with only a week to go to the biggest season, may I suggest they consult a doctor and report their memory loss.

A week to go and fuck all. Just let that sink in.
In case you hadn’t noticed there a pandemic going on at the moment, NO ONE HAS BOUGHT ANYONE every club has shat a brick, including us, we’re lucky we had money in the bank, clubs deferring or cutting players wages all over the place, Huns have only brought in a couple of untested 3rd string reserve kids, Aberdeen, signed JH on a free from us with A YEARS wage deferral, hibs signed someone and are facing a players revolt with the union involved because existing players have not been paid, we do need to replace the players that have left, have faith we’ll get the players in, some leagues are still not finished last season yet, this transfer window is open till October, it’s gonna be NOTHING like anything that’s gone on before, just pull on yir tena man and calm doon 🤣🤣

With A Week Until The Season Starts, We Are Light On Options...

Marian Shved (RW)
Patryk Klimala (ST)
Vakoun Issouf Bayo (ST)
Ismaila Soro (CM)
Andrew Gutman (LB)
Manny Perez (RB)
Jonathan Afolabi (ST)
Lee O'Connor (CB/FB)
Luca Connell (CM/LW/FB)

Why are we light on options? There's 9 players we've signed right there ☝who we were all told were fantastic talents! Signings who were being trumpeted on their arrival as not being far away from first team action. So where are they?

If these guys are as talented and as close to breaking through into first team contention as we were led to believe at the time then surely being so light in certain areas it's time to call them up right?

Other than Klimala and Bayo, who've made fleeting appearances the rest may as well be on the moon. Klimala looks like the only player from that 9 who may get some sort of a run this season even though some of the areas we're short in are the positions some of these guys play in.

So are they ready or not? And if not why were we given the impression at the time of their signings that they'd soon be knocking on the first team door?

this transfer window is open till October, it’s gonna be NOTHING like anything that’s gone on before, just pull on yir tena man and calm doon 🤣🤣
That's not how commandos operate, Bellshill bhoy. At least not this one.

Marian Shved (RW)
Patryk Klimala (ST)
Vakoun Issouf Bayo (ST)
Ismaila Soro (CM)
Andrew Gutman (LB)
Manny Perez (RB)
Jonathan Afolabi (ST)
Lee O'Connor (CB/FB)
Luca Connell (CM/LW/FB)

Why are we light on options? There's 9 players we've signed right there ☝who we were all told were fantastic talents! Signings who were being trumpeted on their arrival as not being far away from first team action. So where are they?
Well, 7 players right there since Gutman and Perez are trapped (like me) in the U.S.

However, that's an excellent point, since I would agree that we're not as light on options as is being portrayed. Also, not enough is being said about the current crisis, especially in light of the fact that revenue streams are drying up quickly and clubs need to cut back to survive; some may not make it, and I would rather see Celtic be prudent with the pursestrings in order to survive. It's not "business as usual" by any stretch of the imagination until this Covid-19 thing is over, if it ever ends.

Last edited:
In case you hadn’t noticed there a pandemic going on at the moment, NO ONE HAS BOUGHT ANYONE every club has shat a brick, including us, we’re lucky we had money in the bank, clubs deferring or cutting players wages all over the place, Huns have only brought in a couple of untested 3rd string reserve kids, Aberdeen, signed JH on a free from us with A YEARS wage deferral, hibs signed someone and are facing a players revolt with the union involved because existing players have not been paid, we do need to replace the players that have left, have faith we’ll get the players in, some leagues are still not finished last season yet, this transfer window is open till October, it’s gonna be NOTHING like anything that’s gone on before, just pull on yir tena man and calm doon 🤣🤣
Calm doon fick all. Big Sutty in my corner too. The board are a bunch of cheapskate dithering cunts. I fucking detest them. We need players and we need them now. Got rid of players off the wage bill fast enough didnt the cunts. This is 10iar year so board l8vers and happy clappers can put me on ignore if they prefer saying everything is fine. And get behind the team. Keep the faith. And any other such shite. 😁

Calm doon fick all. Big Sutty in my corner too. The board are a bunch of cheapskate dithering cunts. I fucking detest them. We need players and we need them now. Got rid of players off the wage bill fast enough didnt the cunts. This is 10iar year so board l8vers and happy clappers can put me on ignore if they prefer saying everything is fine. And get behind the team. Keep the faith. And any other such shite. 😁
Your TOTALLY missing the point, all the major leagues are still playing, only players moving are out of contract, “free” signings, if YOU think signing that kind of “quality” players are what we need your sadly mistaken, you can’t buy players that’s not for sale yet, no players of any type of decent quality are moving yet, would you be happy/satisfied with the 3 players that servco have brought in so far.....I thought not, as I said before transfer window is open till October, we’ll get the correct players in when they become available.....now away and change yir tena man....their full and beginning to leak 🤣🤣

Remember when we played half a season with 2 centre backs in our squad? Seems the board want to try it again. I agree entirely with Chris Sutton. Does this board expect this squad just to turn up and win 10IAR? Get the finger!!! We’ll probably sign some players that couldn’t get a game for their team. So they haven’t played for a while. We’ll maybe see them making their debut in October/November once they’ve got to full fitness. Or we’ll sign them and we won’t see them again. That seems to be the Celtic Way.

Your TOTALLY missing the point, all the major leagues are still playing, only players moving are out of contract, “free” signings, if YOU think signing that kind of “quality” players are what we need your sadly mistaken, you can’t buy players that’s not for sale yet, no players of any type of decent quality are moving yet, would you be happy/satisfied with the 3 players that servco have brought in so far.....I thought not, as I said before transfer window is open till October, we’ll get the correct players in when they become available.....now away and change yir tena man....their full and beginning to leak 🤣🤣
I will not budge. Get it done Celtic. And I dont give a single fuck about what Sevco do. I dont like them. Its always about what we do. We need to qualify for the CL too. We cant hang about. Although, we always do. We keep hearing we are looking at players, I think the number was over 200 players, so I would advise whittling that down to realistic targets within our budget and try and get them. Sooner rather than later. Tena are expensive so hurry up for fuck sake. 😁

MSM ramping up the nonentities, that the HUNS are signing
'Coup' is a big clue
200 players linked with Celtic, getting the fans up in arms at the lack of action
Get a goalie and centre half in, then look at right back, striker
We should have enough to do the ten
But, it's what keeps things ticking over, and gets fans 'talking' amongst themselves

Stay calm, or lose your shit, makes no difference to what's going to happen, or to me, for that matter
As Gandhi said "Try not to be a cunt"
HH

From Tam McManus Twitter
Have it on good authority that Steven Fletcher is very keen on a move to Celtic. Just moved back up here and bought a place in Glasgow. 33 but great pro/fit as a fiddle. Available on a free. Wages wouldn’t be an issue. Surely would do job at Parkhead even as cover for Edouard?

From Tam McManus Twitter
Have it on good authority that Steven Fletcher is very keen on a move to Celtic. Just moved back up here and bought a place in Glasgow. 33 but great pro/fit as a fiddle. Available on a free. Wages wouldn’t be an issue. Surely would do job at Parkhead even as cover for Edouard?
Good shout Gary
Fletcher would do a job in the SPFL, knows what's needed, and the 10 would be a good incentive, for him to help get the job done this season
If they can sort out the wages, it's not a bad deal

Fair point Bb,thinking along those lines myself,! But is a bit frustrating ,this season is the most important in years ,first team to do 10iar,something to shout about!hh

From Tam McManus Twitter
[/Q
As the great tennis player John mac Enroe often shouted well know saying (You can not be serious)
Must be one of his old mates jobs for the boys ,can’t believe fans would him after all think he has knocked us back before. To old in my eyes ,backward step me thinks, and let’s not compere with the Magical that was Lubo ,age about same
That’s all the have in common,naw no for me

CELTIC are locked in talks with Peterborough over striker Ivan Toney.

Hoops head of football operations Nick Hammond is trying to thrash out a fee with Posh for the 24-year-old hitman.

The League One side have already accepted an offer from Brentford, but the Hoops have not given up hope of landing the ex-Newcastle striker.

Another striker link......

Peterborough chief Barry Fry revealed he had kept Celtic informed of other interest in Toney.

And that has brought the Bhoys back to the negotiating table.

Fry is determined to land as much as he can for a player they bought for just £350,000 two years ago.

Toney is believed to be changing agents, but since his deal with a new firm doesn’t kick in until September 1, he could hold on until then before deciding where his future lies.

And that window has given Hammond the opportunity to keep working on getting a deal over the line.

Celtic coach Gavin Strachan worked with Toney at the London Road Stadium and has urged the club to bring him on board.

From Tam McManus Twitter

Oh noooooo. I've never ever been a fan of Fletcher. :eek::eek::eek:

Another window, another month or 2 of banging on the glass, panicking because the £30mil Holy Grail of treasure chests aint spent in the first 5 minutes. We have the team that won the league, minus a couple, (Jonny Hayes being my only bugbear). Watch this space signings will be made.

From Tam McManus Twitter

Free agent, 33yr old, has friends in the press.

Sounds right up the Zombies path not ours.

No Fanks

Back