Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

I like Ntcham MD I think he has a good football brain and when he's on it he's a class act I'd prefer if we kept hold of him for now at least.

Agreed on Rogic, great player but beginning to think his 'Wizard of Oz' nickname has got fuck all to do with his talent and is based on the fact nae c*nt ever sees him!

I just haven't seen enough of Turnbull to make a judgement on whether he'd be a good signing or not.
Turnbull can pick a pass and stands out in a good solid Well team, links with boy White in centre and can open channells from midfield. Aye a good player.

I like Ntcham MD I think he has a good football brain and when he's on it he's a class act I'd prefer if we kept hold of him for now at least.

Agreed on Rogic, great player but beginning to think his 'Wizard of Oz' nickname has got fuck all to do with his talent and is based on the fact nae c*nt ever sees him!

I just haven't seen enough of Turnbull to make a judgement on whether he'd be a good signing or not.
Watched Turnbull the other day and his dead ball delivery was very good. He looked decent but not MOTM. With Soro and others in the frame i don't think he's needed right now.

Seen Turnbull a few times last season and watched him against Hibs Shadow, he's box to box can tackle, hustle,and he's great at recieving a pass,would'nt be a like for like Ntcham,but definitely an upgrade on big Tam. 🍺 🥳

Turnbull can pick a pass and stands out in a good solid Well team, links with boy White in centre and can open channells from midfield. Aye a good player.

Watched Turnbull the other day and his dead ball delivery was very good. He looked decent but not MOTM. With Soro and others in the frame i don't think he's needed right now.

Seen Turnbull a few times last season and watched him against Hibs Shadow, he's box to box can tackle, hustle,and he's great at recieving a pass,would'nt be a like for like Ntcham,but definitely an upgrade on big Tam. 🍺 🥳

Kind of got the impression by the way people have talked about him in the past he was a Ryan Christie type player but he sounds more like a cross between Broony and CalMac? Good eye for a pass but can put the foot in when he has to.

Just reading the article there and what really jumped out was that Schved is being described as a 'shy guy' yet according to his new (temporary) boss he spent last season training on his own at Celtic.

Surely if your trying to integrate a young foreign player into the team then making him train on his own is counterproductive right?

I really want to know what's went on with Schved because something is off about this one if you ask me......he was tipped as a terrific talent, he got rave reviews on his loan spell back in the Ukraine, he looked sharp in the couple of appearances he made for us scoring a rocket on his debut, other than wee Frimpong he has made more of an impression than the other prospects like Bayo etc. yet has had fewer appearances and Lawell clearly thought he was onto a winner with the guy as he went over BR's heid to sign him.

So what exactly has gone on with this guy?

Yep, there's a defo a back story there.

Kind of got the impression by the way people have talked about him in the past he was a Ryan Christie type player but he sounds more like a cross between Broony and CalMac? Good eye for a pass but can put the foot in when he has to.
I think of him as a bit of a mix of CalMac and young Broonie. He can score his fair share of goals and will be up for a battle if needed.

I think of him as a bit of a mix of CalMac and young Broonie. He can score his fair share of goals and will be up for a battle if needed.

Certainly need more battlers in the team BB, the talent is there but we lack that aggressive streak to compliment it with Broony being the only one who gets in there and mixes it with the opposition. Teams get unnerved as much by that as they do the talent they're up against.

Just reading the article there and what really jumped out was that Schved is being described as a 'shy guy' yet according to his new (temporary) boss he spent last season training on his own at Celtic.

Surely if your trying to integrate a young foreign player into the team then making him train on his own is counterproductive right?

I really want to know what's went on with Schved because something is off about this one if you ask me......he was tipped as a terrific talent, he got rave reviews on his loan spell back in the Ukraine, he looked sharp in the couple of appearances he made for us scoring a rocket on his debut, other than wee Frimpong he has made more of an impression than the other prospects like Bayo etc. yet has had fewer appearances and Lawell clearly thought he was onto a winner with the guy as he went over BR's heid to sign him.

So what exactly has gone on with this guy?
Something definately off with how shved has been treated,as you say scored a cracker coming on as a sub in his debut,surely keep him involved,that would have been the besy way to bring him out his shell.

Winning Captains was aware of something at the start of the year so either he hasn't settled, he hasn't pulled his weight or their has been a falling out. I thought he could turn into a superstar with us, but what do I know?

Right WC spill......I need tae know why as it's doing my nut in! :LOL:

Think we all thought that he was gonnae smash it BB. So much 'potential' has passed through Celtic making little to no impact over the years you're not that surprised when it happens again but given all the buzz around Shved I thought he might've been the exception.

Who knows maybe this loan will be the turning point for him and he comes back and makes the impact we were all expecting.

Just jumping on to the end of this. I think if we bought Turnbull last season rogic would be off. I don’t really see why we hold on to rogic, he simply doesn’t have enough minutes in him, and he’s not of such a high quality that we can afford it at our club. I heard on a podcast that his wife hates living in Scotland, but I heard that only a year after he signed a new 5 year deal (which can only have 2 years max left??). He also persuaded Arzani.

I hope Roberts or someone equivalent is true. Forrest seems to be effective in bringing something to the team, but equally shite. It at least if what he does isn’t working, he’s stuck. We need someone left/right/centre who wants the ball to take players on and make something happen. Nobody had any idea against killie how to beat it. Why the likes of Frimpong weren’t told to chance it I don’t know.

surely this Toney is over unless eddy is off? Or griff maybe? Can’t see us having 5 strikers in the squad this year, although it would be a nice statement

He'll learn and learn and learn......His time will come to be oor manager one day...when he is ready...
I used to think Lambert would become a Celtic manager (Henrik was very goodates with him so I had him lined up as his assistant), but his career started so well early on that he kind of went out of our league and now his career has nose dived we wouldn't really want him. Yet another one of my predictions that was just 💩!

Back