The politics of the songbook

I can well understand an antipathy or even extreme dislike to the Queen and the system but i'm still confused as to why that's relevant to a blog about Celtic Football Team in 2019. Surely you can be a Celtic supporter without hating the Queen, Just as you can be a Bear and yet not support royalty. It's not a feature of being a football supporter. It's got nothing to do with football.

I can well understand an antipathy or even extreme dislike to the Queen and the system but i'm still confused as to why that's relevant to a blog about Celtic Football Team in 2019. Surely you can be a Celtic supporter without hating the Queen, Just as you can be a Bear and yet not support royalty. It's not a feature of being a football supporter. It's got nothing to do with football.

I don’t believe it’s hatred of the queen per se.....it’s more a distaste for the institution and the sense of privilege she and her ilk represent.....as for it’s got nothing to do with football.....for some of us Celtic transcends football.....we were born of oppression.....we are a movement with a cause.....we are much, much more than just a football club.....we are welcoming and we are inclusive.....we have a sense of justice, fairness and decency.....as a Support we have a heart and we have a soul.....and that’s just some of the things that makes us more than a club.....are we political?.....how can we be all these things and not in any way be political?.....for if you know your history...

She's a symbol Doc,of what phux up our little"united kingdom" and commonwealth! are you aware of the law forbidding catholics to sit on the throne,to me she's a puppet a symbol of protestant superiority,one the reasons i would never stand for their anthem,in particular the the third verse!,she's no better than marie antoinette or the tsarina! so eh'm..... phuq the queen!
As well as some of her and her family’s lifestyle being funded by the tax payer.Well said Mick.

The only positions specifically barred to Catholics are marriage to the sovereign or heir to the throne, or becoming sovereign themselves, a legacy of the Act of Settlement that followed the Glorious Revolution of 1688 and the deposition of the last Catholic monarch, James II; there has never been a Catholic prime minister!!! are ye there Doc!
Your right about not having a catholic prime minister but the war criminal Tony Blair was a bit of a closet catholic until he left office, 2 years later he took to the catholic faith. his wife Cherie and the kids were catholic. I think Harry's wife is a catholic and he's somewhere in line to the throne, maybe they're softening to us.

It's a football match in the 21st century. I want us to sing Celtic songs or folk songs or anthems that do not cause offence. YNWA is not a Celtic song but is an anthem and is marvellous to hear. Grace and Athenray are OK with me. I however cannot abide anything glorifying the IRA (of any era) or insulting our monarch or vilifying any other team. We are at our best when we support our team by supporting OUR team. How dare any section of the crowd dare to assume their political viewpoint is acceptable at Celtic Park. We have supporters of every political persuasion who just love to see Celtic. There is no need to ram your opinion down someones throat. It's just an opinion. I'd love to see the lyrics for our best songs published here
Enough of your 'How dare we' Monarchy loving, opinions
Yes, it's the 21st century & if you're ok with bowing to others, good for you
As someone who's ancestors fled the famine in Ireland, I say "Let the people sing"
It wouldn't matter if Celtic suporters sang Millie's 'My Boy Lollipop' the media and the permanently raging HUNS, would warp it into something against the Establishment, Monarchy, etc
Do what you like, but never, ever, tell some Celtic fans, how to feel about the Royals
The lyrics, 'If you know your history' was never more relevant, than in society today
HH

Never even went to school nor was educated at home until after she was married.

Yep. Defo better? Haha

It's a football match in the 21st century. I want us to sing Celtic songs or folk songs or anthems that do not cause offence. YNWA is not a Celtic song but is an anthem and is marvellous to hear. Grace and Athenray are OK with me. I however cannot abide anything glorifying the IRA (of any era) or insulting our monarch or vilifying any other team. We are at our best when we support our team by supporting OUR team. How dare any section of the crowd dare to assume their political viewpoint is acceptable at Celtic Park. We have supporters of every political persuasion who just love to see Celtic. There is no need to ram your opinion down someones throat. It's just an opinion. I'd love to see the lyrics for our best songs published here
Are you taking the fuckin piss?

Your right about not having a catholic prime minister but the war criminal Tony Blair was a bit of a closet catholic until he left office, 2 years later he took to the catholic faith. his wife Cherie and the kids were catholic. I think Harry's wife is a catholic and he's somewhere in line to the throne, maybe they're softening to us.
But Harrys a Hewitt so dizny count , Di was a bit of a goer

I'm not a Royalist but michael what has Elizabeth Windsor ever done to you personally to deserve such a reaction. She has been doing her job longer than anyone else that I know to the best of her ability. why gratuitously insult an elderly woman. She never applied for the job she has. I cannot fathom what supporting Celtic has to do with our beliefs about the monarchy.
A shower of inbred wortless scroungers ,£65m per year to heat numerous palaces and keep a long list of useless fkwits in clover
While familys are living in poverty ,housing stocks are not fit for purpose this lot take millions from the public purse to renovate estates /castles and DON'T live in them

There stance on catholics has been well documented

as MD stated FK the queen and all who rode her

insulting our monarch

She's not my monarch, I didn't choose to have to fund her and her degenerate family's lifestyles. However, by virtue of her state occupying the part of my country in which I live I am forced to do so every time I do a week's work or buy something because of the taxes imposed by her government. Check out the recent revelations involving her second son, the charming specimen Andrew. Then consider her older son's close friendship with Jimmy Saville.
Para-fucking-sitical reprobate scum,
Fuck your queen!

Last edited:
So grace is ok with you? Remind me who that song is about and what he was?
As for your monarch comments, how do you expect anyone on this site to take you serious ever again with remarks like that? A fuckin oul free loadin inbred bastard who make people stand out of her way and bow when they meet her in the hallway of many of her palaces.
As for your IRA of any era comment, ye haven't a fuckin clue...

Latest posts

Back