Timo sent packing?

" . . . the gaffer told me that it is in the best interest of the team that I collect my things and go home rather than be a part of the game on Sunday so I’ll be on my way."

WTAF?

From what I've read weah wouldve been able to play in the cup final and at rangers but not 1 hearts game lenny seen that as a lack of commitment? U20s USA boss was prepared to compromise, I'm reading lenny was not. What's true and whats not will come out in time but this doesn't help Celtic in any way I believe. Since lenny has taken over hes treated the loanees like lepers I'm not a subscriber to this treatment at all

It's a tough balance MD and if we do use them (which I think we'll do less of under Lenny) then we need to limit it. We've had 6 I think this year. That's a bit much and that as you said stifles our own.
By the way on an aside. Boyata and Benkovic at one stage were the first choices, but as with strikers in the old days of 2 up front(yes kids there was a time of 2 strikers at the same time). It's a partnership that counts at centre half, and I don't know about you but Jozo and Ajer seem a genuine partnership. Funny how things work out!
Thing is lenny himself said he'd change nothing but he's changed a lot I'm not a fan of 6 month loans but we needed those bhoys and they produced at important times most of them, without them God knows what might have happened. I don't see why lenny thinks he has to prove he can do it without the loan signings when obviously he couldn't otherwise none would have featured. I'm no manager thank f*k but lenny doesn't inspire me in this department and how he's gone about treating the loanees. This is to me smacks of exactly why lenny was sacked from hibs, don't get me wrong I'm 100% grateful we could call on his services but this is poor poor management I think

Young Timo gave us a glimpse of what may make him a special player in the near future.

But he can't be criticised for focussing on his country's Wolrd Cup campaign.

Lenny needs Celtic players committed to Sunday and the Treble Rebel Treble win.

Timo's not 100% on it Sunday if he's off to a World cup on Monday. Nor is he guaranteed to make it back for a cup final if the USA are progressing in the tournament.

Sadly, circumstances have cut ties short. But both parties are doing what's right for them.

Good luck, kid. Thanks for the excitement; you've got a good shot at making it big.

Got ability to be much more. Fk id take subs like him all day long.
The compromise agreed with the club and the USA coaching staff was that Weah would miss their opening game against Ukraine but would return to Poland immediately after the Hampden game against Hearts.
This is what I'm reading but truth will out soon enough

Omg wtf has just happened - anybody know? Devastated thought he would have been playing on Sunday.

He can't pick and choose the games he wants to be involved in

If he prefers to stay with his Country rather than be involved in preparations for a TREBLE TREBLE defining Scottish Cup Final then fair dos but he can't expect to be cosseted by the manager Celtic were after all paying his wages as PSG had no immediate need of him

It appears that he was probably set to be in the squad to face the HUNS on Sunday which he seemed to be up for but the Cup Final IMO is by far the greater and more important occassion

We as a Club can't have the tail wagging the dog so it's correct that Lenny acted as he did

As a Club we've faced much adversity this season in various guises.......

Injuries (an unprecedented amount) / Loss of form / Manager fucking off at the drop of a hat and taking his coaching staff with him / Players being called up by their countries and not being available for high profile matches / Players being granted extended leave of absence to sort themselves out / Boyata effectively going on strike for a couple of weeks possibly costing us a Champions League Group Stage spot / our number 1 striker being sold on the last day of the transfer window denying us an opportunity to bring in a replacement and our ticket allocation being slashed by various opponents

Combine this with dodgy refereeing in not giving our players adequate protection / awarding dubious penalties against us
(multiple in the same game) / perfectly good goals being denied us and the refusal to red card opponents and covering up the reasons for not doing so

That's quite a list to be going on with but look where we are still.. .... 8th League Title IN A ROW bagged along with the League Cup In the Scottish Cup Final going for a unique TREBLE TREBLE 9 points ahead of our nearest rivals with the possibility of that increasing to 12 points by mid afternoon on Sunday despite said nearest rivals bringing in a new Hot Shot manager having an almost 30 goals a season striker bringing in an ex England International proven goalscorer and spending copious amounts of money that nobody seems to know from where it eminates

But in the face of all such adversities....

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CELTIC

No one person is bigger than our Club be it manager player director owner or Uncle Tom Cobly and all

Whatever happens we will deal with it in the CELTIC WAY..... the method not the street outside Celtic Park by winning playing and acting like the Champions that we are and showing the rest of Scottish football that we won't relinquish our crown without a major fight Far greater than any domestic opponent seen capable of matching us in over 15 rounds

COYBIG YNWA GLASGOW'S GREEN AND WHITE

HH?

Last edited:
Loved his enthusiasm and pace and he managed to bag a few goals too. I don't think he merited a starting place though and his statement does have a wee whiff of someone who knows the right things to say to his target audience. Does he have a background in politics? ??
Thought his biggest impact was the game away to St. Johnstone where we were struggling for the breakthrough. Really changed that game for us & help bag a vital 3 points on route to the title.
Wish the young guy all the best for the future ?

He can't pick and choose the games he wants to be involved in

If he prefers to stay with his Country rather than be involved in preparations for a TREBLE TREBLE defining Scottish Cup Final then fair dos but he can't expect to be cosseted by the manager Celtic were after all paying his wages as PSG had no immediate need of him

It appears that he was probably set to be in the squad to face the HUNS on Sunday which he seemed to be up for but the Cup Final IMO is by far the greater and more important occassion

We as a Club can't have the tail wagging the dog so it's correct that Lenny acted as he did

As a Club we've faced much adversity this season in various guises.......

Injuries (an unprecedented amount) / Loss of form / Manager fucking off at the drop of a hat and taking his coaching staff with him / Players being called up by their countries and not being available for high profile matches / Players being granted extended leave of absence to sort themselves out / Boyata effectively going on strike for a couple of weeks possibly costing us a Champions League Group Stage spot / our number 1 striker being sold on the last day of the transfer window denying us an opportunity to bring in a replacement and our ticket allocation being slashed by various opponents

Combine this with dodgy refereeing in not giving our players adequate protection / awarding dubious penalties against us
(multiple in the same game) / perfectly good goals being denied us and the refusal to red card opponents and covering up the reasons for not doing so

That's quite a list to be going on with but look where we are still.. .... 8th League Title IN A ROW bagged along with the League Cup In the Scottish Cup Final going for a unique TREBLE TREBLE 9 points ahead of our nearest rivals with the possibility of that increasing to 12 points by mid afternoon on Sunday despite said nearest rivals bringing in a new Hot Shot manager having an almost 30 goals a season striker bringing in an ex England International proven goalscorer and spending copious amounts of money that nobody seems to know from where it eminates

But in the face of all such adversities....

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CELTIC

No one person is bigger than our Club be it manager player director owner or Uncle Tom Cobly and all

Whatever happens we will deal with it in the CELTIC WAY..... the method not the street outside Celtic Park by winning playing and acting like the Champions that we are and showing the rest of Scottish football that we won't relinquish our crown without a major fight Far greater than any domestic opponent seen capable of matching us in over 15 rounds

COYBIG YNWA GLASGOW'S GREEN AND WHITE

HH?
Memories of Big Jock here and we both know what He would have done Bill good post Hail Hail

Sorry boys and Ghirls, I caught in the moment. I will explain myself you see I have an austic adult son who is 33 yrs old, he is a gift from God to my wife and I. Its just that I can take offence easily to the wrong words being used on this forum. I can also respect anyone who apologies for using the wrong word when they didn't realise they used it.. Respect to all. HH ☘️??

Yes Ally, a gift sent to a gift. Respect you 100% bestie ✊???

Members online

Back