Timo sent packing?

Young Timo gave us a glimpse of what may make him a special player in the near future.

But he can't be criticised for focussing on his country's Wolrd Cup campaign.

Lenny needs Celtic players committed to Sunday and the Treble Rebel Treble win.

Timo's not 100% on it Sunday if he's off to a World cup on Monday. Nor is he guaranteed to make it back for a cup final if the USA are progressing in the tournament.

Sadly, circumstances have cut ties short. But both parties are doing what's right for them.

Good luck, kid. Thanks for the excitement; you've got a good shot at making it big.

Spot on and respectful. Excellent post

Lenny has said that we reached a compromise with the USA for him to miss a world cup game to return for the Cup Final. BUT what were the odds of him actually getting any game time in the final? Lenny wouldn't have started him and there is a good chance he wouldn't have brought him on as a sub either ("too tired due to the travelling", etc). Rightly or wrongly (and he is unbeaten so far since returning), Lenny has been very reluctant to give our loan players much/any game time. I'm content that Timo has done what he feels is best for him and Celtic have done what we feel is best for us - no blame either side, let's just thank him and wish him all the best and not waste our energy unnecessarily bickering when he should be focused on a treble treble. HH

I don't think he did The difference being Tom Rogic is OUR player not a loanee and committed himself to another 5 years with us Whether he remains with us and sees out his contract is another story which time will unravel

Tom Rogic is also a recognised full international and has played at the highest levels and we are not furthering his footballing education or skills for someone else's benefit at least not until somebody else rewards us handsomely for doing so

Had Lenny not cut the ties with Timo Weah who would have been paying his wages when he was away with the US? Us or PSG because he was effectively loaned to us until the end of the season therefor on our payroll until then

HH?
Tom chose his country over us!going to Ibrox severely under pressure?and has picked up a wrist and knee injury,,right now he ain’t half the player he was prior to international,,a like big tam,also liked weah just think we need to stop this shooting ourself in the foot before big matches.....wasn’t needed.

Tom chose his country over us!going to Ibrox severely under pressure?and has picked up a wrist and knee injury,,right now he ain’t half the player he was prior to international,,a like big tam,also liked weah just think we need to stop this shooting ourself in the foot before big matches.....wasn’t needed.
Im not sure the players have the choice whether to go on international duty or not. If they are deemed fit enough then they have to go to their country or the club face being fined or disciplined. Which is crazy considering we pay the players wages. It’s whether a deal can be agreed between club/country managers if the players can be released later. As with the case with Rogic, he wanted to play at Ibrox but Australia wanted him at their training camp. Was a ridiculous situation as he returned injured & missed months of our season.
It’s something Fifa have to seriously look at as this current arrangement does not suit the clubs who the players are contracted to ?

It’s my understanding that if a player does not attend an international get together when picked.....the federation in question can stop said player from playing the following game with their club.

The circumstances with Tom Rogic and Weah are different in that TR did not have the option of missing any of the games that Australia were due to play in that particular tournament.

Australia demanded TR missed the game against the Huns to be with the Australian squad even though he wasn’t picked in the squad to play in the first game of the tournament. A very strange decision by them.

TR made it clear at the time that he wanted to play against the Huns and then catch up with the Australian squad. No deal.

So he sat watching that particular game as a spectator when he could have played against the Huns. Like I said...very strange decision. TR unhappy, Celtic unhappy and TR wasn’t even needed.

TW could have chosen to make himself available to play against the Huns and against Hearts in the cup final. He chose not to do this and decided to stay with the US squad even though Celtic and the US coach has come to an agreement as stated previously.

Under these circumstances Neil Lennon obviously came to the conclusion that TW was not committed to the Celtic cause and as a consequence TW and Celtic parted company.

All this being 100% accurate Neil Lennon had little choice in making the decision that he did.

It’s my understanding that if a player does not attend an international get together when picked.....the federation in question can stop said player from playing the following game with their club.

The circumstances with Tom Rogic and Weah are different in that TR did not have the option of missing any of the games that Australia were due to play in that particular tournament.

Australia demanded TR missed the game against the Huns to be with the Australian squad even though he wasn’t picked in the squad to play in the first game of the tournament. A very strange decision by them.

TR made it clear at the time that he wanted to play against the Huns and then catch up with the Australian squad. No deal.

So he sat watching that particular game as a spectator when he could have played against the Huns. Like I said...very strange decision. TR unhappy, Celtic unhappy and TR wasn’t even needed.

TW could have chosen to make himself available to play against the Huns and against Hearts in the cup final. He chose not to do this and decided to stay with the US squad even though Celtic and the US coach has come to an agreement as stated previously.

Under these circumstances Neil Lennon obviously came to the conclusion that TW was not committed to the Celtic cause and as a consequence TW and Celtic parted company.

All this being 100% accurate Neil Lennon had little choice in making the decision that he did.
That’s my problem,Lenny could have kept his cards close for a couple of days at least to get the hun game out the way!!its very poor judgement.

That’s my problem,Lenny could have kept his cards close for a couple of days at least to get the hun game out the way!!its very poor judgement.

What if someone dropped it to the press and Celtic had no choice in the timing of matters?

What if someone wanted to get ahead of the real story and put a different slant on things?

He can't pick and choose the games he wants to be involved in

If he prefers to stay with his Country rather than be involved in preparations for a TREBLE TREBLE defining Scottish Cup Final then fair dos but he can't expect to be cosseted by the manager Celtic were after all paying his wages as PSG had no immediate need of him

It appears that he was probably set to be in the squad to face the HUNS on Sunday which he seemed to be up for but the Cup Final IMO is by far the greater and more important occassion

We as a Club can't have the tail wagging the dog so it's correct that Lenny acted as he did

As a Club we've faced much adversity this season in various guises.......

Injuries (an unprecedented amount) / Loss of form / Manager fucking off at the drop of a hat and taking his coaching staff with him / Players being called up by their countries and not being available for high profile matches / Players being granted extended leave of absence to sort themselves out / Boyata effectively going on strike for a couple of weeks possibly costing us a Champions League Group Stage spot / our number 1 striker being sold on the last day of the transfer window denying us an opportunity to bring in a replacement and our ticket allocation being slashed by various opponents

Combine this with dodgy refereeing in not giving our players adequate protection / awarding dubious penalties against us
(multiple in the same game) / perfectly good goals being denied us and the refusal to red card opponents and covering up the reasons for not doing so

That's quite a list to be going on with but look where we are still.. .... 8th League Title IN A ROW bagged along with the League Cup In the Scottish Cup Final going for a unique TREBLE TREBLE 9 points ahead of our nearest rivals with the possibility of that increasing to 12 points by mid afternoon on Sunday despite said nearest rivals bringing in a new Hot Shot manager having an almost 30 goals a season striker bringing in an ex England International proven goalscorer and spending copious amounts of money that nobody seems to know from where it eminates

But in the face of all such adversities....

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CELTIC

No one person is bigger than our Club be it manager player director owner or Uncle Tom Cobly and all

Whatever happens we will deal with it in the CELTIC WAY..... the method not the street outside Celtic Park by winning playing and acting like the Champions that we are and showing the rest of Scottish football that we won't relinquish our crown without a major fight Far greater than any domestic opponent seen capable of matching us in over 15 rounds

COYBIG YNWA GLASGOW'S GREEN AND WHITE

HH?
This is the thing we are taking our eye off the ball a little here. Weah , most of us were hoping would return next season and im slightly dissapointed he won't be. Much bigger things going on at Celtic though. This derby is almost a distraction to the big game, not often a hearts game is bigger than the derby. The players at the club are on the brink of unthinkable legend 3treble. It's unreal to say it, has never been done before. We have as you say fought against all manners of adversity this season especially and yet still here we are on the brink of unparalleled greatness. When the weah situation is compared to all of that it's very small beer he probably wouldn't have started any of the remaining games, shved will probably be better. We all need to stay focused on the big prize. Weah will not return it's a pity not a disaster we've lost far more important players than Weah, good luck to him but our focus is on the stuff of dreams and if when we do it how fitting it's our club that will be first to achieve it HH

What if someone dropped it to the press and Celtic had no choice in the timing of matters?

What if someone wanted to get ahead of the real story and put a different slant on things?
The thing is Lenny didn’t have to tell anyone his thoughts til after the game that’s all am saying.

This is the thing we are taking our eye off the ball a little here. Weah , most of us were hoping would return next season and im slightly dissapointed he won't be. Much bigger things going on at Celtic though. This derby is almost a distraction to the big game, not often a hearts game is bigger than the derby. The players at the club are on the brink of unthinkable legend 3treble. It's unreal to say it, has never been done before. We have as you say fought against all manners of adversity this season especially and yet still here we are on the brink of unparalleled greatness. When the weah situation is compared to all of that it's very small beer he probably wouldn't have started any of the remaining games, shved will probably be better. We all need to stay focused on the big prize. Weah will not return it's a pity not a disaster we've lost far more important players than Weah, good luck to him but our focus is on the stuff of dreams and if when we do it how fitting it's our club that will be first to achieve it HH
To be honest a don’t really give a hoot about timo weah or congerton or Burke just guys that want to be with us but!that isn’t my gripe,it’s our ability to not be able to batten down the hatches before any big game(inability)a smarter guy would have kept it to himself,

To be honest a don’t really give a hoot about timo weah or congerton or Burke just guys that want to be with us but!that isn’t my gripe,it’s our ability to not be able to batten down the hatches before any big game(inability)a smarter guy would have kept it to himself,
As far as I am aware lenny has not made any comment on the matter ..yet

Weah decided against what was a sensible agreement for both us and US so I think tgat showed his level of commitment to us

I would disagree. I think Weah loved being here and it's tragic that he was not given much of a chance to play. Given the choice between starting for your country and subbing with 10 minutes left because the manager only sees you as a sub (and the manager's not playing loaners, for whatever reason), Weah made the right call and it has no bearing on his "level of commitment" to Celtic.

I would disagree. I think Weah loved being here and it's tragic that he was not given much of a chance to play. Given the choice between starting for your country and subbing with 10 minutes left because the manager only sees you as a sub (and the manager's not playing loaners, for whatever reason), Weah made the right call and it has no bearing on his "level of commitment" to Celtic.
Sorry Icafiero but given we are unbeaten since new year I think you may be exaggerating a tad in calling it a tragedy that timo hasn't played more. Whatever, onwards and upwards. HH

Sorry Icafiero but given we are unbeaten since new year I think you may be exaggerating a tad in calling it a tragedy that timo hasn't played more. Whatever, onwards and upwards. HH

Apples and oranges, Lemon. But never mind.

You don't have to be Kofi Annan to see a diplomatic answer to this.
Both parties put forward their case, both had differing priorities, both of them understandable, both chose their route, both ended the agreement, both a wee bit miffed neither accepted their position, both moved on(y)

Members online

Latest posts

Back