Timo sent packing?

Aidy used a horrible word. Didn’t seem directed at anyone. Just more agitation at NFL getting dogged without all the facts.

I could of course be wrong but that is how i perceived it.

If right, you could have picked a different word Aidy ??

This is a perfect story for the media leading up to the game on Sunday. I liked Timo but I wished he could have stayed off social media and let our club announce it....if he has been told to pack his bags then his messege was obviously sent out of anger and in the knowledge it would create a wee media storm leading up to Sunday and the cup game which is a bit shitty....and on the other hand if he refused to come back for cup final then the same thing still happens. He gives the media a wee shitty story to run with which we could do without....
Good player....got on with the fans....
But we could have done with out the bad press and speculation leading up to Sunday and cup final...IMO

Yeah he was a lovely guy, very polite, and well brought up.

When you think of how good his father was, the fame certainly hasn’t gone to his head.

Hopefully he finds a club/position that suits him. He’s quite lightweight still, and I don’t think he’s an out and out winger, or a no 9 yet.

I’m not a huge fan of loans in general, it’s all short term, the player living in hotels etc, and ultimately you’re improving another clubs player instead of a Ewan Henderson for example.

I’d prefer us scouting a player over a year or whatever and committing our money to that, especially when you consider some of the loan fees/agent fees involved in these deals.

Weah, Toljan and Burke where basically joining us for 4 months. I’d be interested in finding out the total outlay for that.

I didn't mind the Paddy Roberts 18 month loan deal.
Fact of it is, that length of time is as much as we'd have kept a signing if the EPL came sniffing anyway. Also with bloated squads down south it can play to our advantage to tap in a little, especially when we need to find ways to compete as big clubs not only sign the best but stockpile the rest.
Benkovic also would have worked out better bar injury and we were needing centre half cover then for sure. So like I say it has it's advantages.
Not keen on stop gaps loan deals as short as Toljan, Burke and Weah unless we have a try before you buy thing going on. It appears we don't in these deals and that cheapens us a bit IMO

Back