Transfer Rumours

Mine has become Benfica
Well then virgo, you might have better knowledge about Jota than most of us have.
I stated someone seems to have fucked up by potentially letting Jota go for only 6M, so have benfica really got that class of players available to be able to let Jota go so cheaply? If so they must be a far better quality of team than I would give them credit for imo

There we have a celtic fan on moaning on the tranny about the pathway to the first team for our youths 🤦‍♂️we have used more then usual ffs don't think this guy wid be happy always being second just to blood youngsters things are looking up some people are just many bastards for the sake of it

There we have a celtic fan on moaning on the tranny about the pathway to the first team for our youths 🤦‍♂️we have used more then usual ffs don't think this guy wid be happy always being second just to blood youngsters things are looking up some people are just many bastards for the sake of it
Can totally understand that cairnsybhoy when looking at the bigger picture, and long been calling for the situation to be addressed within Scottish football.
The 1st team squad currently I would class as one if not possibly one of the strongest squads formed this century imo.
However, I still look at young Dan Murray, deemed good enough to play in a CL qualifying game, yet wouldn't be nowhere near the 1st team match day squad.
Even MJ hasn't been able to get up to match standards, from long injury lay offs, as nothing is in place for his rehabilitation from injury, same might apply to Jules and Dembele yet.
Young Monty will struggle for game time also now, like Murray with the depth and quality of the squad being formed.
It's OK saying there time will come, but will it with the demands and expectations so high?
The simple solution is by having a 2nd team in the lower divisions that are allowed to progress to 1st division level but can't go higher with the main team dominating the SPFL still for years to come still.
We are the only club that could afford to do so and operate in such a way, but because we are Celtic it just gets dismissed, would it if hun scum wanted to do the same?
Hope it can be addressed as I never want us to lose the tradition of bringing young players through to become celtic greats, yet at present we still might not be to far away from not having a Scottish or Irish player in our starting line up, and that would be a sad day if that should ever happen in years to come still.

Last edited:
Well then virgo, you might have better knowledge about Jota than most of us have.
I stated someone seems to have fucked up by potentially letting Jota go for only 6M, so have benfica really got that class of players available to be able to let Jota go so cheaply? If so they must be a far better quality of team than I would give them credit for imo
Hes no a Virgo he's a Taurus! 😺

I was watching them 2 nights ago and I reckon it would be touch and go but we would edge it, They have a number of technically gifted players and seem to like shooting from the edge of the box. They are like us and like to play on the front foot and have a similar 'play out from the back' philosophy and move up through clever footwork and movement but it all seems kind of predictable. It always finishes with a pop at goal from range or a cross into the box. Little slide rule passes to split the opposition.

Jota has been considered one of their better reserve players for some time but had failed to break through. He could play in their first team but there is a Brasilian guy in Jota's position who is quite effective and is a fan favourite. Jota's only chance would be a long term injury to this guy so I guess it means it is ok to let Jota go. The fans here are really pissed off because they area bit short on flair-wingers.

YNWA is really hard to beat but Benfica have a golden eagle on their crest. So the pre entertainment at every home game consists on a real golden eagle circling the park 3 or 4 times and making a spectacular landing with high definition close ups shown on the big screens, then the fans burst into song. All in a great new ultra modern stadium called the Stadium of Light..... entertaining night. The stadium was filled with families. I enjoyed it nut we would have come away with a 1-2 They are still in Champions League with Ajax up next.

Last edited:
Can totally understand that cairnsybhoy when looking at the bigger picture, and long been calling for the situation to be addressed within Scottish football.
The 1st team squad currently I would class as one if not possibly one of the strongest squads formed this century imo.
However, I still look at young Dan Murray, deemed good enough to play in a CL qualifying game, yet wouldn't be nowhere near the 1st team match day squad.
Even MJ hasn't been able to get up to match standards, from long injury lay offs, as nothing is in place for his rehabilitation from injury, same might apply to Jules and Dembele yet.
Young Monty will struggle for game time also now, like Murray with the depth and quality of the squad being formed.
It's OK saying there time will come, but will it with the demands and expectations so high?
The simple solution is by having a 2nd team in the lower divisions that are allowed to progress to 1st division level but can't go higher with the main team dominating the SPFL still for years to come still.
We are the only club that could afford to do so and operate in such a way, but because we are Celtic it just gets dismissed, would it if hun scum wanted to do the same?
Hope it can be addressed as I never want us to lose the tradition of bringing young players through to become celtic greats, yet at present we still might not be to far away from not having a Scottish or Irish player in our starting line up, and that would be a sad day if that should ever happen in years to come still.
Aye but hes on the now knowing the rebuild that's had to happen this year I Dont think he wid be happy with young monty instead of Jota🤷‍♂️I just felt it was unnecessary its like he had nothing else to moan about 🙄....I wish there was a proper wee league set up for the boys im not sure the Highland leagues gonny be good long term tbh but it's defo better than nothing I think ange will use any youth who stands out aswell but they will need to be pretty exceptional but I think to break onto this team he's building at the moment HH

I was watching them 2 nights ago and I reckon it would be touch and go but we would edge it, They have a number of technically gifted players and seem to like shooting from the edge of the box. They are like us and like to play on the front foot and have a similar 'play out from the back' philosophy and move up through clever footwork and movement but it all seems kind of predictable. It always finishes with a pop at goal from range or a cross into the box. Little slide rule passes to split the opposition.

Jota has been considered one of their better reserve players for some time but had failed to break through. He could play in their first team but there is a Brasilian guy in Jota's position who is quite effective and is a fan favourite. Jota's only chance would be a long term injury to this guy so I guess it means it is ok to let Jota go. The fans here are really pissed off because they area bit short on flair-wingers.

YNWA is really hard to beat but Benfica have a golden eagle on their crest. So the pre entertainment at every home game consists on a real golden eagle circling the park 3 or 4 times and making a spectacular landing with high definition close ups shown on the big screens, then the fans burst into song. All in a great new ultra modern stadium called the Stadium of Light..... entertaining night. The stadium was filled with families. I enjoyed it nut we would have come away with a 1-2 They are still in Champions League with Ajax up next.
Thanks for the insight virgo and the next CL match with Ajex has the potential to be a cracker of a tie, and also with 2 clubs I believe we should be aiming to get on par with still imo.
Believe Jota can do a great job on either flank if playing a 3 up front.
Wouldn't rule him out of been effective if Ange went with a 2 striker approach either, or even in the Rogic role as a free man just behind a front 2 also.
Would even do a fine job as a wide player of a midfield 4 also imo.
When you have a player with this potential level of versatility and the quality to match, then I believe that you have some player on your books and would be criminal of Celtic not to be able to tie this deal down, from a player who can offer us so much imo

Aye but hes on the now knowing the rebuild that's had to happen this year I Dont think he wid be happy with young monty instead of Jota🤷‍♂️I just felt it was unnecessary its like he had nothing else to moan about 🙄....I wish there was a proper wee league set up for the boys im not sure the Highland leagues gonny be good long term tbh but it's defo better than nothing I think ange will use any youth who stands out aswell but they will need to be pretty exceptional but I think to break onto this team he's building at the moment HH
Can't be a Celtic supporter then cairnsybhoy surely, trying to rake up muck imo when the silly bastard would be better sticking his head in it,

#CelticFC is content that it has made a magnificent offer and it is now up to the agent and player to decide if the player wants to join Celtic. If not, we move on

if his ambition is middlesbrough then he's motivated by money move on quickly go for wolf

#CelticFC is content that it has made a magnificent offer and it is now up to the agent and player to decide if the player wants to join Celtic. If not, we move on

if his ambition is middlesbrough then he's motivated by money move on quickly go for wolf
I noticed that the lad has already played with a number of clubs in Australia, especially for such a young player still, which was a real red flag against what his real motivation is?
I would be very surprised if boro could offer better terms than us still and maybe looking for a guaranteed starting position may be a bigger factor in the potential deal.
Regardless Ange has already shown he won't be dictated with player power, as should be the case, then if he is not prepared to toe the line or looking for greed then he can fuck off as we have had enough of the likes with that attitude and don't think we will be to welcome to the likes again regardless of there talent

Members online

Latest posts

Back