Transfer Rumours

I meant Catholic or Celtic minded.
I didn’t know what school he went to mate I had just heard that he was a celtic man. Allegedly when at Burnley he was playing against the old huns ( the engine subsidiary version!) and scored the commentator was meant to have said something like he’s scored against his boyhood’s rivals

Just think how Arsenal would have faired if they had had to play one of Europe's major footballing clubs instead of an unknown team!!!
I wouldn't call forest an unknown team 2 times winners of the big ears cmon that's better than us though only by one result they were some team I was at CP as a youngster think they beat us 1nil what they did under clough was outstanding and better than arsenal have ever come close to 1 final

I wouldn't call forest an unknown team 2 times winners of the big ears cmon that's better than us though only by one result they were some team I was at CP as a youngster think they beat us 1nil what they did under clough was outstanding and better than arsenal have ever come close to 1 final
Surprised you fell into BB trap set winter, but suppose if you were a fish, you would be caught every day 😂

Just checked Google ( is there anything it doesnt know except for how much caffeine is in a bottle of el'd? Check yourself I cant find that answer seems it's the only thing it doesn't know) it was 1-2 @ CP v the forest after a 0-0 in Nottingham so we lost 2-1 on agg 83 I was 10 and disappointed we didnt win I remember a feeling I was unused to amongst the masses in the Celtic end then that feeling was we might not beat this team some team were forest back then and not at their peak a 1-0 wouldve done it both great sides at that time huge crowd 60 thousand plus ( so 15 thousand on the tannoy) I'm pretty sure that was a brian clough side fed up with Google telling me what In not sure about 🤯

Last edited:
You wouldn't call them an unknown team but sevco would & did! They boasted last week that they were the first major team in Europe to reach 150 years old, which anyone/everyone ridiculed them for (except in the Scottish media) and pointed out that Forest were founded 156 years ago, were still the same club and had won the European Cup twice but the sevco hoard mobilised to write off Forest's achievements!

You wouldn't call them an unknown team but sevco would & did! They boasted last week that they were the first major team in Europe to reach 150 years old, which anyone/everyone ridiculed them for (except in the Scottish media) and pointed out that Forest were founded 156 years ago, were still the same club and had won the European Cup twice but the sevco hoard mobilised to write off Forest's achievements!
Read that in jaw dropping disbelief BB was a third of the way through it had to send it to my faither in law in wales who's a massive clough fan he was shocked that this was being peddled as bonafide. Hes an ulsterman who in his 70s now but never really followed any particular team, growing up he tells me that of course rangers were rammed down his throat and felt like he was obliged to follow them , dropped them as he left Ulster for the mainland for the security and the safety of bringing up a young family when the troubles were bad In the 80s , he prefers to follow managers ( i didnt get this at first but do now) I'm off on a tangent here apologies but its interesting, he followed Arsenal because of Wenger and what he brought to the game , his style of football, footballers diets etc a whole new way of doing things properly , Forest for clough obviously and how he basically did what Ferguson did with a provincial club ( still underrated imo his achievements never hear his name mentioned in the same breath as stein , Busby, fergusson etc ) now hes following man city because of the style of play Pep Guardiola has them playing , a joy to behold at times. I rip the piss " turncoat , wouldnae get away wi that in glesga etc lol but theres a method to it he just enjoys his football no bigotry no hatred except for man utd haha he doesnt like man utd I'll need to get to the bottom of that because he is a Ferguson fan. I rib him though " put Pep Guardiola in charge of Morton and let's see how he gets on" but I get it it's similar to horse racing fans that always follow and bet on their favourite jockey and it's actually quite refreshing to hear a 70 year old man who had Glasgow rangers rip rammed down his throat " his words" even though they didnt play in Ulster why should I? So his only club affiliation is with Ards being from Newtonards. He told me recently that had Roy Keane got the Celtic job hed have probably backed Celtic as even though he has the soft spot he was branded with for newco he hates gerard as much as the rest of us haha and in England that wouldve been massive box office Keane v Gerrard . I know you werent asking for a family insight BB haha but the auld fella and folk like him fascinate me. Their views on the game past and present are great to hear. As is Liam Kelly's piece in the Celtic star " Celtic's complicated relationship with Hibernian - pt 1 , pt 2 coming the mora I think is another great read for anyone who's not seen it
Celtic’s Complicated Relationship With Hibernian – (Part 1) via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Last edited:
I'm slightly surprised that forest havent been more vociferous on this as well their fans shouldve had a tifo to show them the real truth bit they're probably just laughing at a club that's going to cause hardships for almost every club in Scottish football , they wont die that wonf be allowed the Scottish government would bail them out I'm sure perhaps not publicly but theres no way no matter how much in debt they get will they cease to play from greyskull might be in the 2nd div again though GVB hasnt brought anyone in yet dont think , dont know too early back to bed zzzz should wake up before i post lol Celtic Celtic

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back