transfer window

I think there may well be a grain of truth in this when it comes to buying players from other SPFL clubs. A Celtic Tax.

It may or may not be so, Brim. But we will never know, because we did not enquire about the player, not alone make a bid. Anyway we would then have been in a position, to attempt negotiate it down, maybe even with a swap player. They made absolutely no effort, which suggests to me, a decision was made not to strengthen. Sounds like a bit of get out of jail Board disinformation to me. They are good at that. Self interest and self preservation.

Last edited:
It may or may not be so, Brim. But we will never know, because we did not enquire about the player, not alone make a bid. Anyway we would then have been in a position, to attempt negotiate it down, maybe even with a swap player. They made absolutely no effort, which suggests to me, a decision was made not to strengthen. Sounds like a bit of get out of jail Board disinformation to me. They are good at that. Self interest and self preservation.
In the last week since the transfer window closed.... Mijovski has scored against both Celtic and the_ranjurs and we did not bother to bid.

In the last week since the transfer window closed.... Mijovski has scored against both Celtic and the_ranjurs and we did not bother to bid.
As seems to be the way with our recruitment we put all our eggs in one basket. We wanted to sign Kvistgaarden from Brondby, Brondby said he wasn't for sale so we looked for a loan signing with no option to buy and will go back in for Kvistgaarden in the summer. It also looks like the same with our pursuit of a left back. We wanted Beck from Liverpool but when that didn't happen we scrambled about for loans, didn't get one, and will now most likely go back in for Beck in the summer.

I think most of us are going into this one tonight with a bit of trepidation.
Hibs have not had a great run and will be desperate for the points as we are.

Our record at Easter road particularly under BR is poor at best and if he doesn't change the formation Hibs will play exactly as they did last time round they got a draw.

I note they also have their players back from the Aisa Cup and a few back from injury...just in time to face us.

Can't remember the last time we were able to perform in both halves and convert the many chances we get in league games.

All points towards a very tough night and a tight game ...I would take any kind of win as it stands.

Wrong thread ...should be in the match day not this one.

Last edited:
As seems to be the way with our recruitment we put all our eggs in one basket. We wanted to sign Kvistgaarden from Brondby, Brondby said he wasn't for sale so we looked for a loan signing with no option to buy and will go back in for Kvistgaarden in the summer. It also looks like the same with our pursuit of a left back. We wanted Beck from Liverpool but when that didn't happen we scrambled about for loans, didn't get one, and will now most likely go back in for Beck in the summer.
Many of us could see towards the end of last season that Miovski was a class player who would suit our style of football perfectly (now even more so under Rodgers style). But we never strengthened in this area despite leaving the summer transfer window with strikers injured and knowing we would possibly not have any available in January due to the Asian Cup - so even if we had brought in a striker at the start of the new year we'd still be hoping he would settle immediately.

Miovski is now no longer an option for us. He has proved himself to be a clinical goal scorer and so his value will continue to increase so that a lower EPL/high-flying Championship side will outbid us and pay more wages. And we will be lectured that we can't afford these players as we can't compete due to Sky's grossly distorted TV deals. IMO he was as safe a bet to be a success at Parkhead as I've seen since we missed out on a certain Hibs midfielder during BR's last stint with us - certainly much less risky than our Asian imports (although many have happily been a success).

But we move on. We have Idah so I'd love to see him spearheading the attack along with Kyogo and Maeda terrorising opposition defences as a fearsome front three. I think Oh can also fulfil that role. Will Rodgers change his strategy for tonight? Almost certainly not. But I think we are missing a trick, as this takes some of the heat off of Kyogo who usually finds himself double-teamed and isolated up front and so drops deeper and deeper, and becoming less effective. But we seem to insist on playing 2 wide men, even though they are not wingers, can't/don't deliver crosses and want to cut back in even single time because they want to get onto their good foot.

Confirmation that Bernabei has now left us to go to Brazil on loan until the end of 2024. Let's hope he suits that football better than he did here in Europe. It never worked out for him here and it was another waste of money on a player who simply was never going to suit our playing style or needs.

Confirmation that Bernabei has now left us to go to Brazil on loan until the end of 2024. Let's hope he suits that football better than he did here in Europe. It never worked out for him here and it was another waste of money on a player who simply was never going to suit our playing style or needs.
Yip another bang up job from our scouting team eh 🙄.

If LawwellJr & his pal are on gardening leave now, then I'm guessing that there is no one from our club doing the groundwork now that is needed for when the transfer window opens in the summer? So it probably means another frustrating few months as we do nothing and wait until the last couple of days.

IMO I thhink we should be sounding out Connor Barron of Aberdeen. He has been mostly excellent in their midfield despite the team playing awful. He will be a free agent in the summer and is showing no interest in staying up here.

He is a fantastic Scottish prospect, who is very affordable to us and could be developed as a longer-term replacement for CalMac in the same way he was brought on playing alongside Broony.

Having said that, if we are not interested in Miovski then I'd snap up Shankland too. Again, he is free, fits our wage structure and would improve us.

I don't give a shit what club he grew up supporting. He is a better goalscorer than most of our strikers and it stops our rivals from improving too.

But I know most fans would disagree about these two as they are Scottish and play in the SPFL so must be crap and not good enough for Celtic.

If LawwellJr & his pal are on gardening leave now, then I'm guessing that there is no one from our club doing the groundwork now that is needed for when the transfer window opens in the summer? So it probably means another frustrating few months as we do nothing and wait until the last couple of days.

IMO I thhink we should be sounding out Connor Barron of Aberdeen. He has been mostly excellent in their midfield despite the team playing awful. He will be a free agent in the summer and is showing no interest in staying up here.

He is a fantastic Scottish prospect, who is very affordable to us and could be developed as a longer-term replacement for CalMac in the same way he was brought on playing alongside Broony.

Having said that, if we are not interested in Miovski then I'd snap up Shankland too. Again, he is free, fits our wage structure and would improve us.

I don't give a shit what club he grew up supporting. He is a better goalscorer than most of our strikers and it stops our rivals from improving too.

But I know most fans would disagree about these two as they are Scottish and play in the SPFL so must be crap and not good enough for Celtic.
Barron and shankland would both be good signings (shankland is better goal scorer than anything we have at present (doesn’t matter what team he supports as kid as 50percent of our legends probably supported our rivals or near enough 50percent) out all the players in Scotland tho Miovski would be my pick

Barron is supposedly agreed a move to Govan in the summer

I read earlier that Budgie said he has just under 18 months left on his contract and there is no hurry.

Back