transfer window

Forget it, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Scrooge extends Xmas till the end of January.

Like father, like son! 🤬

It isn't as if we are about to lose the majority of our main attackers and have known about this situation for the last 8 months.

Maybe employing an under-qualified inexperienced person in such a high-paying crucial role based on the bawbag he was spurted out from rather than their actual experience, connections, qualifications, expertise and track record, was maybe a very stupid and potentially very damaging/expensive mistake???

When nepotism, greed & self-interest takes priority over prudent & sensible decision-making by those paid very handsomely to run a business, then this will nearly always backfire catastrophically on operations

This is our club, not a Desmond/Lawwell family plaything. If they fail in their job then they should face the consequences. With none of this sleekit hiding in the background then magically reappearing a couple of years later to grab the plaudits after their self-induced clusterfuck has miraculously been turned around by others.

On the other could all be clickbait...

Do not stop me when I am in mid-rant, Bri. 🤣

Even then, £6m - £10m? We have over £70m hoarded away in the bank, we made a surplus of over £11m profit in the summer transfer window, we surely made a decent profit on our Champions League ventures DESPITE the under-investment in our playing squad and we are looking to spend enough money to bring in 1 half-decent recruit when we need to strengthen in at least 3 or 4 positions!

As predicted, I read that our poor showing in the UCL group stages means they have cut the available budget for recruitment. And whose to blame for that? Selling/losing several starters through transfers, injuries (they knew about) & retirement.

Then they chose to deliberately downgrade the squad by them bringing in loads of inexperienced young foreign projects who predictably struggled at that level.

At long last. If true, then to me, this is the first concrete public statement and acknowledgement from a Celtic official, as to where a major problem lies within our club. BR has made abundantly clear what he wants and needs, to do the job successfully. Practically every Celtic supporter would agree with him. Should this window end up being a similar disaster to others, and costing us this league title, then our club is at a major crossroads. It then has to be clearly recognised, that those responsible, from the boardroom to recruitment do not have Celtic's best interests at heart.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Gary, apart from the injuries I think our CBs are a pretty decent bunch of players. CCV is immense and will be poached from us (so maybe looking to secure a player now before the inevitable?), Scales has really stepped up this season, and what little I've seen of Nawrocki & Lagerbielke I think they would be excellent if they got a run in the side.

Add in Welsh who looks to be a more mature player and good stand-in CB.

Unlike many on here, I think McKenna would do well for us. He might be too good an opportunity to miss out on considering he is not going to cost much and would count as a home-grown player. BR rates him.

With the players we have we really could/should play a 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 formation.

I'd have to say Gary, apart from the injuries I think our CBs are a pretty decent bunch of players. CCV is immense and will be poached from us (so maybe looking to secure a player now before the inevitable?), Scales has really stepped up this season, and what little I've seen of Nawrocki & Lagerbielke I think they would be excellent if they got a run in the side.

Add in Welsh who looks to be a more mature player and good stand-in CB.

Unlike many on here, I think McKenna would do well for us. He might be too good an opportunity to miss out on considering he is not going to cost much and would count as a home-grown player. BR rates him.

With the players we have we really could/should play a 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 formation.
With Philip, Lagerbielke and Kobayashi leaving this window adding McKenna to CCV, Rocki, Scales and Welsh gives us a very strong 5 central defenders. Scales could also move across to left back and give us a bit more physicality there as well.
A back 4 of Johnston CCV McKenna Scales wouldn't lose many/any battles domestically and we would still have Ralston Welsh Rocki Taylor as a back up 4.

I've saidfor years that Shankland would do well at sevco or Celtic. I think he would score a lot for them and was surprised they never splashed out their limited funds on him rather than the arsepieces they did. I can see him grabbing goals like McCoist used to. But he has added another element to his game this season as he gets stuck in more, which more than compensates for his lack of pace.

I don't care which team he grew up supporting. Kenny Dalglish, Alfie Conn, Jock Stein, Barry Robson, Davie Provan, etc, etc, etc, supported them but always gave it their all. He might noy be good enough against Eutopean elite but I think he'd still do a fantastic job for us and is very affordable.

I've saidfor years that Shankland would do well at sevco or Celtic. I think he would score a lot for them and was surprised they never splashed out their limited funds on him rather than the arsepieces they did. I can see him grabbing goals like McCoist used to. But he has added another element to his game this season as he gets stuck in more, which more than compensates for his lack of pace.

I don't care which team he grew up supporting. Kenny Dalglish, Alfie Conn, Jock Stein, Barry Robson, Davie Provan, etc, etc, etc, supported them but always gave it their all. He might noy be good enough against Eutopean elite but I think he'd still do a fantastic job for us and is very affordable.
If £2.5-3m is the fee, but upfront and not in instalments, then he would be a good short term fix for us to cover for Asia Cup players. Would be a Scott McDonald type signing.
Still think Miovski would suit us more than Shankland

Not Celtic related but Sevco have apparently offered Hearts £2.5m, spread across 3 years, fro Shankland. Hearts have knocked it back.
Lets just offer £4 million. If they accept and he is willing, we will get a decent box player. If not, it probably prices 'Sevco' out if it. Then go and get Miovski as well. With a league title and the money at stake, it will more than pay for itself. Both are proven in the SPFL. And I think we need as many different options as possible.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back