Valencia v Celtic - Mestalla Stadium, 21 February - all comments here

Toljan was unlucky to get the second booking, but his positioning and awareness are not great.
Unfortunately Toljan adding to the fears we do not have an actual defensive right back in him. Scott Browns face speaks volumes, just walks past him without a word or look to Toljan or complaint on the red.
You can spot someone who struggles to defend by the habit of holding or tugging jerseys, He has done every match to date for us.

Hayes showed well, he is limited because of crossed balls. In a ideal world they'd all be 6 feet plus, thought Ajer was terrific apart from the header off target.
Boyata shined in his window of opportunity and Burke may have looked too good at times for us to have a chance of signing.

Is BR learning about defensive tactics and that sometimes they do have a place at least in a European match.
Brendan got his team set up just right tonight ,as you say nowt we can complain about the sending off but we stuck to the game plan
pity it wasn't the same in the first leg

Surely you can blame Ajer for not netting the ball in but he was very good defensively.It maybe is not a good idea putting him as a right back but that was because of Tolijan and he should take his place.This formation wasn't bad at all but I was all suspicious that we'll go ten-men.The problem is we should have been playing with this intensity on previous european matches.If you observe Valencia's display you ll see that in the first half they did almost nothing.Also they were caught off guard defesnively a lot of times but they were more clinical.Valencia is an organised team and I see us very confused when it comes on defensive structure.We are exposed and our players are making a blank.I didn't say we have to park the bus but we should be in alert every time the opponent aproaches us.One other thing is that we must learn how to mark the attackers of the opposition or making better zones against them, it's not so safe to tackled them everytime or be in panic.That goes for Rodgers because i can conclude that he don't give emphasis at these issues.The last of all is the fact that when we are in counterattack we don't play massive as we go 1 striker vs 5 defenders.We must step together into the small area and win the personal battles not just waiting someone to make a mistake for us to invade.That is the first lesson.The second lesson is we need to invest more.We need a Center back, another one CB that he also can play as Left back and one Right back.We need to keep Weah and Burke for sure because Benkovic(I know it's sad) is likely to leave and fianlly we must Bring in Karamoko Dembele with Oko Flex to the basic xi on every much from here on out.

You're 2003 on Cblog. These bhoys obviously aren't at the starting 11 point yet or I'm sure BR would at least give them a start on the bench.

Upfront though?

His pace is electric, no doubt.

His touch...meh...so far. Will easily do a job in the league but I’m not wanting to break the bank for him.

On the wing he could be a force but would I drop Forrest for him? Nope.
I think we aw know that once again next transfer window is a big one. This season has been more traumatic than it should have been. The players we have can take us to the next step and some beyond that. Let's now concentrate on that triple treble wi the players we've got cos it's nae good trying to work out the board's strategy ? HH

Yeah im 2003 sometimes i write there on the articles, you are right at some point but in the next season I want see them striving in Europe.We must use them, that will be for their developement and for the club's progress

I wholeheartedly agree that we should be using more of the youngsters but only when the coaching team deem that they are ready for it and not just because they're there.

That's what they're paid for Shamrock! Next thing it'll be the Celtic noise democracy picking the team ????

I've been out at Lennoxtown on several occasions and it can be easy to pick out the players that look like they have the talent to go further but they have to have strength, intensity and stamina as well as skills with a ball to warrant a place in the first team. There's a whole raft of coaching staff who know far better than us who's ready for the big time and who isn't.

I've been out at Lennoxtown on several occasions and it can be easy to pick out the players that look like they have the talent to go further but they have to have strength, intensity and stamina as well as skills with a ball to warrant a place in the first team. There's a whole raft of coaching staff who know far better than us who's ready for the big time and who isn't.
Aye but ur yi sayin they'd be better than us lot of nae users? ??

But they have to taste the experience and be better.Only first team can provide that.They need to overcome even theirselves.Karamoko Dembele was playing against U20 a long time ago

But that's not what a whole coaching team think and I'd rather they made the decisions. If they're up to it and when the league is done and dusted they may well get a chance but not before.

We lost it at home. Don't know why BR persists with one up top when nobody can do the job.

It works in the league.

He’s trying to play possession based football, controlling the game and picking teams apart...like RB did.

Problem is that our team isn’t as good as these European teams so they can pick us apart.

Tonight we didn’t dwell too much on the 8-9 passes before looking to score - we pushed forward quickly when a chance presented itself.

It’s scary this is the first time he’s changed it, albeit it slightly.

That is not the way to develop a player.

How many top players have come to Glasgow and absolutely crumbled under the pressure?

You can’t put that on kids.
He will be 16 years old within few minutes.At the age of 13 he was playing against U20.He is just too good for his age,We have to train him and play him in League matches untill the summer to build him in every aspect.Oko flex was eager to play as he posted a message in his twitter which has had to do with Rodgers granting him a place to the starting xi.He did even better than Bayo against Falkirk. Johnston and Ralston are already elite class players.Ralston was 17 when he played against PSG and slammed Neymar

Playing them in the starting 11 at the age of 16 is still very rare and I could only name less than a dozen players that started at that age. I have it on good authority that Dembele is something special though I know nothing about Oko Flex but why do you think that the coaching staff and BR haven't given any of them a start?

He will be 16 years old within few minutes.At the age of 13 he was playing against U20.He is just too good for his age,We have to train him and play him in League matches untill the summer to build him in every aspect.Oko flex was eager to play as he posted a message in his twitter which has had to do with Rodgers granting him a place to the starting xi.He did even better than Bayo against Falkirk. Johnston and Ralston are already elite class players.Ralston was 17 when he played against PSG and slammed Neymar
Johnston and Ralston are already elite class players. Steady champ.

Playing them in the starting 11 at the age of 16 is still very rare and I could only name less than a dozen players that started at that age. I have it on good authority that Dembele is something special though I know nothing about Oko Flex but why do you think that the coaching staff and BR haven't given any of them a start?
Ι think Dembele is not elegible to play until a few minutes.Maybe BR will give him a chance Sunday.But he could be a substitute.You can't throw him in the pitch right now but he has to taste all the upcoming matches with a way as a project in order to be ready for next European adventure on the summer.But if we don't take care he will delay and get wasted without reason.

Members online

Latest posts

Back