Well Being

A wee update on my condition......As I said earlier they discovered I had Giant Cell Arteritis which caused the artery leading to my brain to be blocked, which prevented blood and oxygen getting to the brain.....This illness cannot be cured and no one yet knows much about it, or why it happens esp to over 50's.........I was prescribed steroids, which I am still taking 7 a day....The steroids control the illness.....A couple of weeks ago I went for a deep scan at Dundee Royal Infirmary where they discovered two of my main arteries, one in the chest and one in the abdomen......were also partially blocked.......According to the Consultant the steroids will take care of this aswell......

Long time steroid use is not recommended, apart from eating like feck, there are a lot more side effects......So now they have given me injections to take,,,,I do this once a week in the house...And by taking the injections it sould get me off the steroids....I take one less every week......When down to four a day, and after testing my blood.....they will know if the steroid reduction is working.....Hope so.....a canny stop eating......But, they reckon, once off the steroids, the weight comes back off........

I must say the aftercare from the hospital is really good.....The consultant who discovered my illness, phones me every couple of weeks, to see how I am doing........

Hope your treatment goes well Lennono.
The Ringo Starr show I was meant to go to tonight has been cancelled. Ringo still not fully recovered fae Covid and he cancelled on Wed. Sorry bud, no photos or T Shirt. My sister in law might have photos from his 2019 show at the same venue so I will ask her to send them to me. When she does I will post them for ye.
Take care and I hope ye are back 100% soon.

Hope your treatment goes well Lennono.
The Ringo Starr show I was meant to go to tonight has been cancelled. Ringo still not fully recovered fae Covid and he cancelled on Wed. Sorry bud, no photos or T Shirt. My sister in law might have photos from his 2019 show at the same venue so I will ask her to send them to me. When she does I will post them for ye.
Take care and I hope ye are back 100% soon.
Ach well Richy....maybe catch him anither time.......Thanks mate much appreciated 🍀

Nicotine patch went on yesterday, off drink and all drugs both recreational and anti-depressants. Best I've felt in years.
Stopped smoking Feb 2020 after my blood pressure hit 186. Was never one for tablets but had to get some as needed to contain the spiral.
Went cold turkey on the cigs and didn't drink atall for 6 weeks as an addition.
My body must have thought what the fuck is going on here and decided to provide me with a heart attack at 58.
I've since recovered and those last two years have been an education and inevitably made me make lifestyle changes ...still haven't had a ciggie and to be honest i don't really drink much atall now ...maybe the odd beer.
Never did drugs ...no reason really just didn't fancy it.
Getting aulder and trying to extend my stay I suppose ...you can but try.
Good luck to you 26 but try not to do too much at once.
All the same looks like your feeling the difference. Hail Hail !!

Stopped smoking Feb 2020 after my blood pressure hit 186. Was never one for tablets but had to get some as needed to contain the spiral.
Went cold turkey on the cigs and didn't drink atall for 6 weeks as an addition.
My body must have thought what the fuck is going on here and decided to provide me with a heart attack at 58.
I've since recovered and those last two years have been an education and inevitably made me make lifestyle changes ...still haven't had a ciggie and to be honest i don't really drink much atall now ...maybe the odd beer.
Never did drugs ...no reason really just didn't fancy it.
Getting aulder and trying to extend my stay I suppose ...you can but try.
Good luck to you 26 but try not to do too much at once.
All the same looks like your feeling the difference. Hail Hail !!
HH Mag7
Glad you're ok and are feeling much better
The heart attack was a warning, and as you know, many don't get a second chance
Accomplishment is measured in small steps and you won't miss the cigs and drink, but as you say, everything in moderation, even exercise etc
Glad you're still around pal, there's a lot of life to live
Best to you and yours
YNWA

HH Mag7
Glad you're ok and are feeling much better
The heart attack was a warning, and as you know, many don't get a second chance
Accomplishment is measured in small steps and you won't miss the cigs and drink, but as you say, everything in moderation, even exercise etc
Glad you're still around pal, there's a lot of life to live
Best to you and yours
YNWA
Very true Dill ...I now have a daily exercise routine that I carry out without overdoing it. This year has been full on with all the family do's weddings christenings birthdays and even holidays that had been previously postponed due to covid.
But your right it gave me a sense of satisfaction to enjoy them all without being bevvied and spend quality time.
Thanks for your kind words and all the best to you and the family.
P.S. It always helps your well being when Celtic are winning. Hail Hail

Very true Dill ...I now have a daily exercise routine that I carry out without overdoing it. This year has been full on with all the family do's weddings christenings birthdays and even holidays that had been previously postponed due to covid.
But your right it gave me a sense of satisfaction to enjoy them all without being bevvied and spend quality time.
Thanks for your kind words and all the best to you and the family.
P.S. It always helps your well being when Celtic are winning. Hail Hail
We're getting it bad with wildfire smoke this week
This morning I had to wear a mask as I could hardly breathe on our morning walk with Georgia
Normally it would be bright blue skies, but the whole place is blanketed by haze, and it smells like a campfire
Even though the fires are hundreds of Kms away, imagine what it's like for the people affected and the firefighters battling the blazes

The road and park under a blanket of haze
pthynhp.jpg

MiqIOHV.jpg

mzDnS1k.jpg

uOV9AmF.jpg

8 months after my open heart surgery, I was feeling that I could push myself a bit more with the exercise, so I started jogging sown to the park, then thought I'd push it a little further and start running up and down the steep inclines
All was going well, and I thought, this is a dawdle, I'll be back to my old self in no time
Emphasis on the 'old' bit, and Mother Nature supplying us with a dose of wildfire smoke
This was 2017, and my son came home to find me struggling to breathe on the bed in the middle of the afternoon
A call to 911 and I was off to spend a week in the hospital, on oxygen and a respirator...not fun, by the way
I had contracted pneumonia and it's not something I'd recommend to anyone to go through
I recovered, but my lung capacity isn't what it used to be, and I struggle with the tasks around the house, I used to fly through, even climbing stairs gets me out of breath
So, to anyone going through any kind kind of treatment, you have to take it a bit easier and try not to get too frustrated and push yourself, let life flow over you, and you'll feel a bit better in no time
Enough from me, stay the course and best to all of you dealing with 'stuff'
This was from that week in the worst hotel I've ever stayed in ;-)
My boys nicknamed me BANE (Batman villain)
Lovely boys, but have a weird sense of humour
YNWA BANE 1.jpg

Here's BANE
Mind you, we've got the same dress sense
BANE .jpeg

Last edited:
8 months after my open heart surgery, I was feeling that I could push myself a bit more with the exercise, so I started jogging sown to the park, then thought I'd push it a little further and start running up and down the steep inclines
All was going well, and I thought, this is a dawdle, I'll be back to my old self in no time
Emphasis on the 'old' bit, and Mother Nature supplying us with a dose of wildfire smoke
This was 2017, and my son came home to find me struggling to breathe on the bed in the middle of the afternoon
A call to 911 and I was off to spend a week in the hospital, on oxygen and a respirator...not fun, by the way
I had contracted pneumonia and it's not something I'd recommend to anyone to go through
I recovered, but my lung capacity isn't what it used to be, and I struggle with the tasks around the house, I used to fly through, even climbing stairs gets me out of breath
So, to anyone going through any kind kind of treatment, you have to take it a bit easier and try not to get too frustrated and push yourself, let life flow over you, and you'll feel a bit better in no time
YNWA View attachment 20559
Bigman you should try out one of these yokes. My young lad was born with asthma, so after a bit of research we bought one of these and it has completely changed his life. He plays gaelic football, taekwondo and recently made the cross country team at his school. I have no doubt this wouldn't have been possible without a salt fan. He leaves it running all night while he sleeps. All you have to do is change the filter every 3 or 4 months. I would highly recommend it.

Bigman you should try out one of these yokes. My young lad was born with asthma, so after a bit of research we bought one of these and it has completely changed his life. He plays gaelic football, taekwondo and recently made the cross country team at his school. I have no doubt this wouldn't have been possible without a salt fan. He leaves it running all night while he sleeps. All you have to do is change the filter every 3 or 4 months. I would highly recommend it.
Cheers Deadner, will look into it, appreciate it mate
There's a history of heart disease in the family and I've outlived almost every one of my relatives, so I try to take care of myself (all the years of contact sports, exercise, and a heavy job, has stood me in good stead)
I'd never heard of allergies, except hayfever, until I hit North America, and we have a dehumidifier (had never heard of that either) so we'll get that going too
Only found out about my Asthma, when I was getting my open heart surgery a few years back
Life throws wee 'challenges' at you, and it's not the situation, but how you deal with it, as you all know
My daughter bought me a tens machine, which I use when my auld muscles are playing up
Hope everyone is feeling grand, and keep battling away, it's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up that counts

Best to you all

YNWA

YNWA View attachment 20559

Here's BANE
Mind you, we've got the same dress sense
View attachment 20562
Great to know you got through it Dill all be it not a pleasant experience for you. Good advice mate ...Hail Hail 👍🍀

A wee update on my condition......As I said earlier they discovered I had Giant Cell Arteritis which caused the artery leading to my brain to be blocked, which prevented blood and oxygen getting to the brain.....This illness cannot be cured and no one yet knows much about it, or why it happens esp to over 50's.........I was prescribed steroids, which I am still taking 7 a day....The steroids control the illness.....A couple of weeks ago I went for a deep scan at Dundee Royal Infirmary where they discovered two of my main arteries, one in the chest and one in the abdomen......were also partially blocked.......According to the Consultant the steroids will take care of this aswell......

Long time steroid use is not recommended, apart from eating like feck, there are a lot more side effects......So now they have given me injections to take,,,,I do this once a week in the house...And by taking the injections it sould get me off the steroids....I take one less every week......When down to four a day, and after testing my blood.....they will know if the steroid reduction is working.....Hope so.....a canny stop eating......But, they reckon, once off the steroids, the weight comes back off........

I must say the aftercare from the hospital is really good.....The consultant who discovered my illness, phones me every couple of weeks, to see how I am doing........
Just catching up on this thread. Wishing you the very best in your recovery, Lennono. 👍

Thanks to RichieBhoy and you Bridie. Had a tough few months. Got a bit of bad news on the health front and been plodding through scans and waiting lists for consultants and procedures. Still not done yet but prognosis is currently far more positive than it was even just a few weeks ago. Probably why I hadn't posted on here or written much for TCS of late as ended up in a bit of a confidence spiral with everything going on. Once I'm straight I'll be back.
All the best to all on the Noise. I'll check in more often, it can only do me good......possibly :)
Just seen this. Wishing you all the very best in your recovery.👍

Things are getting a bit mental out here again, with a new strain of 'virus'
It's affecting kids mostly, but those of us with compromised immune systems are being told to be careful and stay indoors (not an issue for me)
Across the country there's been an influx of kids being hospitalized with some sort of respiratory viral condition, scary really, especially as the places kids go, schools, are germ factories, some kids are inoculated, some are not
I think that Covid will be around for the rest of time, and due to it's being viral, there'll be a new strain year in, year out
Right now, I'm battling a heavy cold/flu
I tested negative for Covid yesterday, and feel exhausted with heavy congestion and a bad cough
Taking lots of meds for it, but being in the 'high risk' category, I have to take things easy, and drink plenty of fluids
Last week, I had a fall at the park, and Georgia stopped and came to check on me, as I lay there, realising I hadn't broken anything, and I was ok
I started laughing to myself as no one was around
I don't mind getting older, but the after effects are not very pleasant
Stay safe, be well, my friends
And if you see an old guy lying on the ground, with a husky jumping around trying to play, that'll likely be me :LOL:

YNWA

It's affecting kids mostly, but those of us with compromised immune systems are being told to be careful and stay indoors (not an issue for me)
Across the country there's been an influx of kids being hospitalized with some sort of respiratory viral condition, scary really, especially as the places kids go, schools, are germ factories, some kids are inoculated, some are not
I think that Covid will be around for the rest of time, and due to it's being viral, there'll be a new strain year in, year out
I tested negative for Covid yesterday, and feel exhausted with heavy congestion and a bad cough
Taking lots of meds for it, but being in the 'high risk' category, I have to take things easy, and drink plenty of fluids
Last week, I had a fall at the park, and Georgia stopped and came to check on me, as I lay there, realising I hadn't broken anything, and I was ok
And if you see an old guy lying on the ground, with a husky jumping around trying to play, that'll likely be me :LOL:

YNWA
Take care Dill. Yip, this will be around forever like we have to deal with the flu. There will be mutations every year - some will be mild but occasionally there will be some brutal strains which will be real killers.

YNWA
Take care auld yin try to get the bubble suit that Bond wore in The World is not enough
I fell last week pushing JCB Forks hit the deck like flyin Ryan Cunt thinking that’s lucky then crash the Other fork landed on ma Leg/knee naecnut saw it. By the way yi bruise easier the Aulder yi get. Had anybody seen me the would’ve wondered why the auld cunt wiz laughing. I’ve ordered my bubble suit and my Walker

HH 😱😂

Take care auld yin try to get the bubble suit that Bond wore in The World is not enough
I fell last week pushing JCB Forks hit the deck like flyin Ryan Cunt thinking that’s lucky then crash the Other fork landed on ma Leg/knee naecnut saw it. By the way yi bruise easier the Aulder yi get. Had anybody seen me the would’ve wondered why the auld cunt wiz laughing. I’ve ordered my bubble suit and my Walker

HH 😱😂
Ah the old bubble suit 😀 the amount of cloths the wife makes me put on before venturing out I look like the Michelin man if I fell over I would be like a turtle with my wee short arms and legs scrabling for purchase, anyone else noticed as you get older you don't even have to bump into things to bruise I think my range is about 6" from a table corner and a bruise automatically appears🤣.
Stay safe and well everybody

Back