Well Being

It sounds like a terrible virus. My (Canadian) neighbours had a friend over from Calgary for the last 3 weeks and they all came down with the flu, so it is probably here now.

Take care of Kerry and the bairns. It could be a hard winter so hope you are all well.
Thanks pal
Yes, it's extremely bad, Kerry and I are still recovering, the lung function isn't there yet at 100% and we stayed away from the doctor as everyone is coming down with this new strain of flu
We got more snow last night, so I was out earlier this morning and cleared our sidewalk but took my time about it, the stuff was like powder, so I used our leaf blower to clear most of it, then the shovel to get rid of the patches of ice underneath
Split some wood this morning too, and cleared the stairs
Mind you, 'someone' is like a big kid in the snow, and loves doing 'zoomies' around the backyard at top speed
Minus 5 right now, so not too bad, if you're dressed for it
Layering is the key
Best to you and yours as we near Christmas
Our tree is up and Kerry trimmed it this morning, our girl Georgia, is enjoying relaxing on her 'perch' beside the tree, as the house is nice and warm

HOOhiQv.jpg

wFnM0Ti.jpg

Saw my best mate yesterday, delivered some firewood to him
He told me that a guy came into the shop last week, wanted Memorial t shirts done in memory of his 6 year old daughter, who contracted the RSV virus and passed away in hospital in ICU recently
6 years old...FFS !!! How do you deal with that in this day and age when a virus can take your child away ?
Cancer and all the other stuff has been around for years, but this new strain of the flu attacks the lungs and airways, and it's harder on young kids, as their immune systems and lung function isn't optimal yet
Try to imagine that Dad, as we near Christmas and how much pain the family are in right now
Hug your kids a bit tighter when you see them today
LOVE to you and your family
Can’t imagine 💚

Was away seeing the consultant this afternoon,we go in and he's very positive my PSA and other numbers are down ,so Good news there and then there's a but and its a big But they've found small tumours on my lymph nodes (groin) so its a wait until after the festivities to see what's to happen.
On a more positive note I've signed up for Prostate FITT ,a fitness program from Prostate Scotland in conjunction with the SFA for men who have had or are going through treatment for Prostate cancer , so from January 17th I'm training at Tynecastle 1 day a week for 12 weeks .

Was away seeing the consultant this afternoon,we go in and he's very positive my PSA and other numbers are down ,so Good news there and then there's a but and its a big But they've found small tumours on my lymph nodes (groin) so its a wait until after the festivities to see what's to happen.
On a more positive note I've signed up for Prostate FITT ,a fitness program from Prostate Scotland in conjunction with the SFA for men who have had or are going through treatment for Prostate cancer , so from January 17th I'm training at Tynecastle 1 day a week for 12 weeks .

God Bless pal…

That is good and sad news Mark. I hope things go well for you. Be careful not to do too well at Tyecastle or Robbie Neilson might sign you up to play for the Hearts. Good luck fella.

Take care Marky we’re all thinking about you

HH🙏

That's the stuff Mark, a positive mental attitude is half the battle! Keep the faith and you'll be watching a shitload of hunskelping for years yet! All the best to you and yours x

Sending positive thoughts Marky

One step at a time mate

YNWA

Sending you best wishes and good thoughts Marky.
I'd like to share a story with you if that's OK. One of my sisters was diagnosed with stage four cancer at the tail end of last winter. She had tumours in two different places. The prognosis wasn't in any way encouraging.

Nine months or so on, her treatment seems to be working: her recent scans show no signs of that most terrible of illnesses. While she's by no means out of the woods, we now have hope where there was none. Stay strong mate; I know I speak for all of our fellow Noisers when I say our thoughts are with you.
YNWA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back