Well Being

Day 3 of this fucking flu thing, and I had a flu shot (thankfully) two weeks ago
Hitting the cold/flu meds and hot drinks hard, and hoping that a hospital stay isn't on the cards, should know by tomorrow night whether it's the latter
Change in the weather, and the fact that some cunts don't stay home when they're sick, therefore spreading their germs around the workplace
Our son came home with it as the guy he was working with, was coughing and hacking working right beside him
Kyle is high risk due to his heart surgery a couple of years ago and is a 'machine' when it comes to hard physical work, but it felled him, for a week, and we were worried about him
Now, I've come down with it, and it's brutal
Hopefully, it's just the flu and not pneumonia as that's what landed me in hospital a few years ago
Anyway, lots of hot drinks, medication and rest are the keys, so hopefully, I'll start to feel better tomorrow
As far as wearing 'layers' you learn pretty quick that when Winter hits here, it's not about style, it's about staying warm, I've got the Nanook of the North coats, boots, jackets, hats etc, and don't give a Munkys what I look like, it's all about your health
mate of mine gave me a hat with earflaps when I worked on the Ramp, I thought "I'll never wear that fucking thing..."
I was glad of it when the snow and wind hit as we worked outside in it
A friend of ours gave me a tartan one for Christmas a few years back, I must look it out ;-)
Stay safe and thanks for the comments previously

HH

Day 3 of this fucking flu thing, and I had a flu shot (thankfully) two weeks ago
Hitting the cold/flu meds and hot drinks hard, and hoping that a hospital stay isn't on the cards, should know by tomorrow night whether it's the latter
Change in the weather, and the fact that some cunts don't stay home when they're sick, therefore spreading their germs around the workplace
Our son came home with it as the guy he was working with, was coughing and hacking working right beside him
Kyle is high risk due to his heart surgery a couple of years ago and is a 'machine' when it comes to hard physical work, but it felled him, for a week, and we were worried about him
Hopefully, it's just the flu and not pneumonia as that's what landed me in hospital a few years ago
Anyway, lots of hot drinks, medication and rest are the keys, so hopefully, I'll start to feel better tomorrow
As far as wearing 'layers' you learn pretty quick that when Winter hits here, it's not about style, it's about staying warm, I've got the Nanook of the North coats, boots, jackets, hats etc, and don't give a Munkys what I look like, it's all about your health
mate of mine gave me a hat with earflaps when I worked on the Ramp, I thought "I'll never wear that fucking thing..."
A friend of ours gave me a tartan one for Christmas a few years back, I must look it out ;-)

HH
Big doobie and if it does not work on the flu, you will not fucking know if you have the flu, win win!

HH
It’s no a bug Dill, it’s all that having to stay up till stupid O clock tae catch the fitba on the telly over there that’s wearing you down man, just wait till after the Everton game half the cunts on here will be coming down wi something especially those that have work in the morning 😜

I hope everyone is well? I'm guessing that most posters have escaped the horrendous weather we have suffered in the North East of Scotland for the last few days? It looks like the downpour has finally eased off but has left behind lots of flooding as most of the rivers have burst their banks.

My village has seen a lot of flooding again as the Don overflowed with houses and businesses getting flooded. We live on higher ground so fortunately we are OK.

My sister & niece were up at P&J Live for Westlife concert on Thursday but couldn't get home to Forfar due to the A90 being closed, so we have a couple of guests.

If you have been affected by this then sending you my best wishes as I've seen how devastating this is for people.

I hope everyone is well? I'm guessing that most posters have escaped the horrendous weather we have suffered in the North East of Scotland for the last few days? It looks like the downpour has finally eased off but has left behind lots of flooding as most of the rivers have burst their banks.

My village has seen a lot of flooding again as the Don overflowed with houses and businesses getting flooded. We live on higher ground so fortunately we are OK.

My sister & niece were up at P&J Live for Westlife concert on Thursday but couldn't get home to Forfar due to the A90 being closed, so we have a couple of guests.

If you have been affected by this then sending you my best wishes as I've seen how devastating this is for people.
Seen it on the news this morning, over 7 inches in a day!! Crazy.keep well and dry pal.👍

At least up here wi the sheep the rain only lasts a couple of days when I lived in Glasgow it used tae piss down for what felt like weeks on end,I’m no sure it’s the weather that’s bad maybe the infrastructure isn’t up tae it so once the grounds waterlogged the waters nowhere to go.I mind years ago when employed with the council (not working for😂) pissing about in boats around Banff Links caravan site when it got flooded although my brother in Dumfries area is in the process of fixing up his place after being washed out last year mainly because the tadgers don’t dredge the river anymore so instead of the water running away in to the sea it fills yer house instead still at least the otters are happy

At least up here wi the sheep the rain only lasts a couple of days when I lived in Glasgow it used tae piss down for what felt like weeks on end,I’m no sure it’s the weather that’s bad maybe the infrastructure isn’t up tae it so once the grounds waterlogged the waters nowhere to go.I mind years ago when employed with the council (not working for😂) pissing about in boats around Banff Links caravan site when it got flooded although my brother in Dumfries area is in the process of fixing up his place after being washed out last year mainly because the tadgers don’t dredge the river anymore so instead of the water running away in to the sea it fills yer house instead still at least the otters are happy
Aye, the sheep up here soak up a lot of the rain, but then who wants to snuggle up to a soggy sheep??? 🤣

The bloody Coast Guard were having to rescue folk in my village last night - and we are about 15 miles in land. I heard Ballater was hit really bad again!

You're right though, the west coast usually gets much more rain than we get here.

Take care, everyone.

Last edited:

One of my sons lives near Inverurie and was saying they thought they were going to get power cuts as the lights were flickering all day

Hopefully the affected noisers come out of the flooding ok
I'm thankful I don't live in Buffalo, NY
They got hit with 6 feet of snow in two days
And after it stops snowing, the melt down comes, there's going to be floods
Imagine opening your garage door to back out ,and seeing this...

Oh man, a hill and a fertiliser bag or Morris Minor bonnet in thon.
This was last Christmas
The park right across from our place
Dinner was on the go, drink was flowing freely when the wee yin comes up and asked "Papa, can we go sledding ?"
Minus 5 and getting onto dusk, but you can't refuse your Grandwean
So, without anyone else knowing, we got our cold weather gear on and away we went
First run, we're on the sled...I'm hanging onto her as we start downhill, then we hit a bump, gravity took over and we ended up with the sled on top of us, in a snowbank
Next run "Papa, I want to go myself..."
She gets on the sled and off she went...by herself...backwards !!
"I'm shouting to everybody "Heads up !! Lookout !!" as the sled is building momentum, she's going "Wheeeeeee !!!"
I'm shitting myself as she's heading dead centre for a tree at the bottom...but she stopped right beside it
This year, it'll be Daddy taking her and I'll stay at the top and watch
Yes, Christmas is a great time out here, and hopefully we get another dump of snow this year
snow day 2.jpegsnow day 20198.jpegPark snowfall 1.jpeg

Sitting in my truck after Buying antifreeze and windshield fluid, it's minus 12 outside and the wind is picking up
Went and picked up some firewood this morning and dropped some off at my mate's
Kerry is getting over this RSV virus, but it's taking a toll, kids are dying from it as it causes lung infections and pneumonia
Kyle had it, I had it, and Kerry and I got it ,hope you all manage to miss is, cos it'll lay you out for at least couple of weeks, if not more

Last edited:
Sitting in my truck after Buy ng anti freeze and windshield fluid, it's minus 12 outside and the wind is picking up
Went and picked up some firewood this morning and dropped some off at my mate's
Kerry is getting over this RSV virus, but it's taking a toll, kids are dying from it as it causes lung infections and pneumonia
Kyle had it, I had it, and Kerry got i hope you all manage to miss is, cos it'll lay you put for at least couple of weeks, if not more
It sounds like a terrible virus. My (Canadian) neighbours had a friend over from Calgary for the last 3 weeks and they all came down with the flu, so it is probably here now.

Take care of Kerry and the bairns. It could be a hard winter so hope you are all well.

Saw my best mate yesterday, delivered some firewood to him
He told me that a guy came into the shop last week, wanted Memorial t shirts done in memory of his 6 year old daughter, who contracted the RSV virus and passed away in hospital in ICU recently
6 years old...FFS !!! How do you deal with that in this day and age when a virus can take your child away ?
Cancer and all the other stuff has been around for years, but this new strain of the flu attacks the lungs and airways, and it's harder on young kids, as their immune systems and lung function isn't optimal yet
Try to imagine that Dad, as we near Christmas and how much pain the family are in right now
Hug your kids a bit tighter when you see them today
LOVE to you and your family

Back