Well Being

Hi guys I am on a real high just now 6-1 high.I,ve been reading this thread for a few days now and I commiserate with my fellow noisers with the various health problems that are besetting them.I just want to say that there is always hope.Since the start of the year I was diagnosed with pyromyalgia (acute joint pain) treated with steroids 60 mg daily.This caused me to develop diabetes treated with tablets and strict diet.This treatment caused brittle bones (osteoporosis ).I was 75 last month and my daughter and my wife whisked me off to Prague for a week for my birthday.I returned two was ago with Covid 19.It blew me away and kept me in my bed very very I’ll till today not right yet but what a day to rise from your bed and see the Tic perform like they did.A wee aside I have been married 50 yrs to my beloved wife and had saved and was taking her on a Med cruise in celebration of this ,then BANG it was gone (Covid) I am big boy although Ill and disappointed with my situation my succor is the Noise.Tommorrow is another day and I look forward to being here on the noise.I feel sad that so many friends felt they had to leave because of harsh words and criticism.Everyone has a view right or wrong that’s what make it the Noise do not take it too personally come back guys Michael is watching and will be sad at this.I gave my season ticket to my nephew and hope someday I can sit among you again.God Bless Croppy.

Hi guys I am on a real high just now 6-1 high.I,ve been reading this thread for a few days now and I commiserate with my fellow noisers with the various health problems that are besetting them.I just want to say that there is always hope.Since the start of the year I was diagnosed with pyromyalgia (acute joint pain) treated with steroids 60 mg daily.This caused me to develop diabetes treated with tablets and strict diet.This treatment caused brittle bones (osteoporosis ).I was 75 last month and my daughter and my wife whisked me off to Prague for a week for my birthday.I returned two was ago with Covid 19.It blew me away and kept me in my bed very very I’ll till today not right yet but what a day to rise from your bed and see the Tic perform like they did.A wee aside I have been married 50 yrs to my beloved wife and had saved and was taking her on a Med cruise in celebration of this ,then BANG it was gone (Covid) I am big boy although Ill and disappointed with my situation my succor is the Noise.Tommorrow is another day and I look forward to being here on the noise.I feel sad that so many friends felt they had to leave because of harsh words and criticism.Everyone has a view right or wrong that’s what make it the Noise do not take it too personally come back guys Michael is watching and will be sad at this.I gave my season ticket to my nephew and hope someday I can sit among you again.God Bless Croppy.
Wishing you a good recovery. Get well soon.👍

Aw Croppy I didn't know you were having to deal with all this. I'm glad watching the game today cheered you up. I hope you get better soon and happy golden wedding.

1665858136579.png

All the very best to you Croppy, it`s no easy getting older as I can relate to you in that pal.

Get well soon Croppybhoy hope your recovery is speedy.
You’ll always sit with us at Celtic park and hear on the noise YNWA 🍀👏🍀👏🍀

HH 👏

Hope you get better soon, Croppy. Take care. YNWA 💚

Ach! I ,m only 25 x3 ☘️👌😜
I don't mind getting auld, it's the side effects that are brutal
Best to you and your good lady wife, great achievement of hers, putting up with you for all that time ;)
Seriously though, hope you make a full and speedy recovery
Good to hear from you
YNWA
Was up in the Okanagan last week, 900 Kms round trip in 10 hours, helping a mate out, cream crackered since :sleep:
The weather was nice, although it was -2 at the summit of the pass, then by lunchtime, when we were loading his truck up, it was 23 degrees, quite the change, but at least it wasn't snowing...yet
We have wildfire smoke blanketing parts of the Province, and it was causing havoc with my Asthma
Anyway, I took some photos with my phone, not Lennono standard, but it's such a nice region of BC
Here's a nice lakeside drive
56slZrF.jpg

Love driving this highway, the scenery is spectacular
mbJyMLI.jpg

oghJGO6.jpg

FOCRVXt.jpg

h9m5DLw.jpg

Wildfire smoke getting bad, very hazy and lasted for about an hour as we drove through itIMG_20221013_135051324.jpg

Last edited:
A wee update on my condition......As I said earlier they discovered I had Giant Cell Arteritis which caused the artery leading to my brain to be blocked, which prevented blood and oxygen getting to the brain.....This illness cannot be cured and no one yet knows much about it, or why it happens esp to over 50's.........I was prescribed steroids, which I am still taking 7 a day....The steroids control the illness.....A couple of weeks ago I went for a deep scan at Dundee Royal Infirmary where they discovered two of my main arteries, one in the chest and one in the abdomen......were also partially blocked.......According to the Consultant the steroids will take care of this aswell......

Long time steroid use is not recommended, apart from eating like feck, there are a lot more side effects......So now they have given me injections to take,,,,I do this once a week in the house...And by taking the injections it sould get me off the steroids....I take one less every week......When down to four a day, and after testing my blood.....they will know if the steroid reduction is working.....Hope so.....a canny stop eating......But, they reckon, once off the steroids, the weight comes back off........

I must say the aftercare from the hospital is really good.....The consultant who discovered my illness, phones me every couple of weeks, to see how I am doing........
Hope all goes well for you and today's result gave you boost.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back