Well Being

Bit down today.

My cousin, a big rangers fan, and although he was almost same age as me and we grew up close in east end of glasgow in poverty, we never really seen eye to eye on most things. Clash of personalities I suspect but always hoped for his best interests other than football teams.

Anyway, he was very fit guy in general, loved and generally a good human being, if not biased by the culture he had been indoctrinated.

49 super strong physically and good looking guy. His wife was Catholic and despite being Orange he got married in Catholic Church. His beautiful young wife got motor neuron and despite being a really beautiful human being she quickly declined from vibrant health to serious illness and death before she was 40. He was the best of husbands to his wife and sacrificed most of his life to making her last few years as goog as he could.

Despite the terrible loss and grief he endured he rallied through his personality and was a great human being working hard and getting on with life.

A month or so ago he had really sore kneee. He had a recurring pain in knee since cartilage operation after football injury when young.

And the knee had pain most of time. So he didnt think too much of it being needing urgent attention.

He thought he might have covid cause he wasnt feeling very well. On his sisters birthday he hadnt replied to her messages so she went round to see if he was ok. He didnt often lock back door so luckily they got access to house and he looked like he had had stroke.

Turned out he had septicemia from infected knee. Was in coma for few weeks in ICU. But looked like he was slowly getting better. Came out oof coma and seemed in good spirits albeit in dire pain in his hands and legs as well as all the life support tubes as his organs had failed badly.

Doctor told him monday it was likely both legs below knee and his hands would need to be removed. took turn for worse today and despite rallying for a week or so prior he been declared brain dead today.

So deep sadness affects me as I think they will switch machines off soon.

Say a wee prayer for his close family. Its a terrible unexpected loss right out blue.

Scary how health can disappear so quickly :(

Bit down today.

My cousin, a big rangers fan, and although he was almost same age as me and we grew up close in east end of glasgow in poverty, we never really seen eye to eye on most things. Clash of personalities I suspect but always hoped for his best interests other than football teams.

Anyway, he was very fit guy in general, loved and generally a good human being, if not biased by the culture he had been indoctrinated.

49 super strong physically and good looking guy. His wife was Catholic and despite being Orange he got married in Catholic Church. His beautiful young wife got motor neuron and despite being a really beautiful human being she quickly declined from vibrant health to serious illness and death before she was 40. He was the best of husbands to his wife and sacrificed most of his life to making her last few years as goog as he could.

Despite the terrible loss and grief he endured he rallied through his personality and was a great human being working hard and getting on with life.

A month or so ago he had really sore kneee. He had a recurring pain in knee since cartilage operation after football injury when young.

And the knee had pain most of time. So he didnt think too much of it being needing urgent attention.

He thought he might have covid cause he wasnt feeling very well. On his sisters birthday he hadnt replied to her messages so she went round to see if he was ok. He didnt often lock back door so luckily they got access to house and he looked like he had had stroke.

Turned out he had septicemia from infected knee. Was in coma for few weeks in ICU. But looked like he was slowly getting better. Came out oof coma and seemed in good spirits albeit in dire pain in his hands and legs as well as all the life support tubes as his organs had failed badly.

Doctor told him monday it was likely both legs below knee and his hands would need to be removed. took turn for worse today and despite rallying for a week or so prior he been declared brain dead today.

Say a wee prayer for his close family. Its a terrible unexpected loss right out blue.

Oh TET, that is awful. That is far too young for them both to lose their lives. Sending best wishes to you at this terribly sad time. Take care, fella. 💚

Bit down today.

So sorry to hear this TT thinking of you and the family mate. May he rest in peace 💚

Bit down today.

Sorry to hear that mate,,al say a wee prayer..🙏

Bit down today.

Sorry to hear that pal.

Bit down today.

I'm gutted for you TET.

Recently a young woman I know phoned for an ambulance as her knee has swollen dramatically and she was in severe pain. She knew something bad was going on as she hadn't hurted her knee but the ambulance service refused to come out to her(she lives alone) for an injury (which it wasn't)and that she should get herself to A&E. She had to phone around to get someone to take her to hospital and as soon as she arrived the docs realised she had Sepsis and was severely ill.

Don't neglect your health folks.

Bit down today.

Sorry to hear that TET and sorry for your loss
At least he’s no longer in pain
Condolences to you and his family at this really sad time

HH🙏

Bit down today.

That's a tough read TET aye hit the nails head about the speed health can disappear.
So sorry to hear about your cousin mate, these are the times that football is brought into perspective and we all realise that in the end its a game and there's another go next season.
Few people get that chance , thoughts with you and yours TET HH

Sorry to hear about all those going through challenges, life is cruel at times, family and friends are more important than money, or status, too bad the powers that be don't have the same outlook, best to all concerned HH

Last edited:
Bit down today.

sorry to hear my thoughts are with you and family

Bit down today.

So sorry to hear that TeT. I know it must have been difficult to share that but I'm glad you did, we all need a reminder now and again of whats really important, not just 22 guys chasing a bag of wind around.
I hope your cousin is at peace soon. HH YNWA.

Bit down today.

I'm so sorry for your loss , life is such a fragile thing ,my thoughts are with you and yours.

Back