Well Being

Was at the hospital the other day for moooooore tests , for reasons known only to themselves they decided to take some spinal fluid ,"how f*****g sore is that"?, no reason given for taking it but their the experts so just go with the flow , strangely enough I've now got really itchy ears 🤣.

Was at the hospital the other day for moooooore tests , for reasons known only to themselves they decided to take some spinal fluid ,"how f*****g sore is that"?, no reason given for taking it but their the experts so just go with the flow , strangely enough I've now got really itchy ears 🤣.
Brutal mate
Got more tests coming up this year but no word yet
Fingers crossed for nothing serious
Years ago I went in for day surgery on my good knee
I asked to be awake during the procedure with an epidural as anaesthetic takes a toll on me when I come to, not a pleasant experience
The surgeon said no problem as a nurse stood in front of me grabbing my shoulders
I wondered why she was doing that, then soon found out
The anesthetist stuck the needle in my spine and I fell forward and if the nurse hadn't been there I'd have landed on my face
Worst pain I'd had in a hospital, so the guy tried again, same result, right into the nerve, FUCK !!!
He got the right spot third time lucky but the juice was now in my body
After about ten minutes they figured I must have gotten frozen enough, so the surgeon starts on my knee with the drill
I said "I can feel that..."
He was a bit startled, ask me if I was joking...Nope, then he said to the nurse put him under
So, I wake up in recovery room, there's no feeling in my legs but next day there was bruising on my lower back, and when the nurse came in and asked if I could stand up
I said sure
Then swung my legs out of bed,and proceeded to fall on the floor, as she tried to help me from having any more joyous things happen...they get me back in the bed, and a male nurse showed up
I said to him " I think I've peed myself..."
Guy had an attitude, and waved me away dismissively with "No you haven't, it's just
the fluids, and your imagination"...
I said "No I'm definitely peeing myself"
He rolled his eyes, and whipped the covers back, and there, lo and behold, was my version of the Trevi fountain doing it's thing
Upshot was they gave me waaaay too much sedation and now when my knees give me gyp, I just suck it up and get on with it 😁
I should maybe have posted this in the laugh thread

Last edited:
Brutal mate
Got more tests coming up this year but no word yet
Fingers crossed for nothing serious
Years ago I went in for day surgery on my good knee
I asked to be awake during the procedure with an epidural as anaesthetic takes a toll on me when I come to, not a pleasant experience
The surgeon said no problem as a nurse stood in front of me grabbing my shoulders
I wondered why she was doing that, then soon found out
The anesthetist stuck the needle in my spine and I fell forward and if the nurse hadn't been there I'd have landed on my face
Worst pain I'd had in a hospital, so the guy tried again, same result, right into the nerve, FUCK !!!
He got the right spot third time lucky but the juice was now in my body
After about ten minutes they figured I must have gotten frozen enough, so the surgeon starts on my knee with the drill
I said "I can feel that..."
He was a bit startled, ask me if I was joking...Nope, then he said to the nurse put him under
So, I wake up in recovery room, there's no feeling in my legs but next day there was bruising on my lower back, and when the nurse came in and asked if I could stand up
I said sure
Then swung my legs out of bed,and proceeded to fall on the floor, as she tried to help me from having any more joyous things happen...they get me back in the bed, and a male nurse showed up
I said to him " I think I've peed myself..."
Guy had an attitude, and waved me away dismissively with "No you haven't, it's just
the fluids, and your imagination"...
I said "No I'm definitely peeing myself"
He rolled his eyes, and whipped the covers back, and there, low and behold, was my version of the Trevi fountain doing it's thing
Upshot was they gave me waaaay too much sedation and now when my knees give me gyp, I just suck it up and get on with it 😁
I should maybe have posted this in the laugh thread
If we didn’t see the lighter side of our trials a tribulations be aswell just digging a hole the noo,🤷‍♂️you come across as a positive good humoured guy Dili,hope all goes well with your tests mate genuinely do👍same goes for marky…and nae mair excuses for pishing the bed🤷‍♂️

A wee ( no pun intended )story about peeing the bed , my late dad had a bit of trouble with his waterworks in later life and was prescribed big boy pampers, he wasn't very happy about wearing them at night so came up with his own invention he cut a bike innertube to make a hose and tied one end round his dick and placed the other end into a bucket at the side of the bed . Guess who forgot he tossed and turned whilst asleep and soaked more than his wee bit of the bed .
his waterworks trouble cleared up but they kept sending the pampers and my dad didn't know how to stop the prescription and never told anyone , after my dad passed away we found a whole double wardrobe full of big boy pampers and we couldn't give them back .
If we didn’t see the lighter side of our trials a tribulations be aswell just digging a hole the noo,🤷‍♂️you come across as a positive good humoured guy Dili,hope all goes well with your tests mate genuinely do👍same goes for marky…and nae mair excuses for pfishing the bed.

Marky, keep us posted pal, I believe threads like this help those going through tough times, best to you and your family I go for blood tests ever 3 months, yesterday it was a new girl, usually it's an old hand and you barely feel anything as the needle goes in, the older you get, the harder it is for them to find a vein, but after 3 attempts on my right arm, to no avail, I asked "Would you like to try the other arm ?" She did, and after another 3 attempts the needle finally hit pay dirt and the blood flowed down the tube, some have the 'touch' others are like Bronco Nagurski the Canadian born, NFL linebacker, with the 'not so gentle' demeanour Anyway, good luck to all who are going through life's tribulations

Marky, keep us posted pal, I believe threads like this help those going through tough times, best to you and your family I go for blood tests ever 3 months, yesterday it was a new girl, usually it's an old hand and you barely feel anything as the needle goes in, the older you get, the harder it is for them to find a vein, but after 3 attempts on my right arm, to no avail, I asked "Would you like to try the other arm ?" She did, and after another 3 attempts the needle finally hit pay dirt and the blood flowed down the tube, some have the 'touch' others are like Bronco Nagurski the Canadian born, NFL linebacker, with the 'not so gentle' demeanour Anyway, good luck to all who are going through life's tribulations
Will do Dill , like you I get blood tests every 3 months and a scan every 6 months .
At this moment in time I'm feeling the best I have in a long time , so fingers crossed it'll last for a wee while and as my wife says as long as I have a reasonable quality of life and am pain free things will look up.
All the best to you and your family , How's the wolf doing?🤣

Good to hear mucker, as for our wolfie, she's living her best life, everybody we meet has to stop and say hello, and she laps up the love and attention, she had her breakfast, went out and lay on the deck on our lounger, then decided to go back to bed ;-) "Georgia, go for a walk ?"...Georgia "Aye gaun yersel, I'm busy"
Georgia bed hogger .jpg

Well cant believe it folks, how time flys.. 5yrs ago today I underwent my wee opp, for those of you who don't know, I had a quadruple By-pass...

The old joke I used to crack every home game about these stairs are killing me wasn't quite accurate... Infact I reckon they saved my quality of life... I was getting into a hell of a state by the time I had reached the concourse and decided enough is enough... Went to the docs with what I suspected was Angina got a bunch of test and was told nope you need a opp.. Surgeon was great... Told me that I was a heart surgeons dream patient as I had come to them so was on the right meds before hand and wasn't (ever) a smoker...

Opp was a roaring success, so can I urge any of you struggling to breath after climbing stairs etc... Go get it checked out... The earlier the better.. My quality of life since my recovery has been brilliant... A few minor other things... But it could have been so much worse... I was told at best I was heading for a major stoke and probably wheelchair bound or a box in the ground if I'd left it much longer... 😱

Hope your all well folks and if you ain't I hope your getting it treated, there is no hero's here except for the wonderful people who look after and operate on you... Thanks to all of they folk, I'm still here to annoy the life out of all you lot😂

H.H

Great stuff 50
Had mine done January 2017
Like you, I was lucky and got diagnosed a few months earlier so they had me on the meds, and 8 months after my op I was running the hills at our local park but I overdid it and didn't factor in the wildfire smoke so ended up being rushed to hospital where they diagnosed pneumonia, lesson learned after a week in there on a respirator and oxygen
No matter how many degrees a doctor has, we all know our own bodies and when we're not 100% at times and it's times when we know our own body and maybe a visit to the doctor is required, but again, you know what's working and what's not
So glad that so many on here have taken their own advice and sought help when you notice you what you regard as little niggles and are facing health issues
Here's to a happy, healthy 2024 for us all
YNWA

Last edited:
Well cant believe it folks, how time flys.. 5yrs ago today I underwent my wee opp, for those of you who don't know, I had a quadruple By-pass...

The old joke I used to crack every home game about these stairs are killing me wasn't quite accurate... Infact I reckon they saved my quality of life... I was getting into a hell of a state by the time I had reached the concourse and decided enough is enough... Went to the docs with what I suspected was Angina got a bunch of test and was told nope you need a opp.. Surgeon was great... Told me that I was a heart surgeons dream patient as I had come to them so was on the right meds before hand and wasn't (ever) a smoker...

Opp was a roaring success, so can I urge any of you struggling to breath after climbing stairs etc... Go get it checked out... The earlier the better.. My quality of life since my recovery has been brilliant... A few minor other things... But it could have been so much worse... I was told at best I was heading for a major stoke and probably wheelchair bound or a box in the ground if I'd left it much longer... 😱

Hope your all well folks and if you ain't I hope your getting it treated, there is no hero's here except for the wonderful people who look after and operate on you... Thanks to all of they folk, I'm still here to annoy the life out of all you lot😂

H.H
Brilliant stuff big man 🍺here’s to many more years of good health mate👍👍a wee tip tho get a low doon seat😎🍀

H.H
Like you 50, I thought I just had angina until I couldn't cross the road without terrible pain. Turned out I had been struggling to work for a week after having a heart attack!

My triple bypass was 9 years ago and I was lucky to make it.
Folk say it's a routine operation but it's anything but routine if you're the patient!

At the cutting edge the NHS are brilliant but the day to day stuff lets it down.

H.H
Aye remember it like it wiz years ago 50!
Seriously go get checked bhoys and ghirls
No time to wait get it sorted
And it’s still great to have all the people who have been through serious illness like 50 and Marky.
YWNWA 👏👏👏👏

HH👏🙏👏

Tonight I m having a wee moment and it took me to this thread ..
Well being …
It’s genius in its very existence
But I don’t read it
Not because of anything other than recognising its a place with many tales that remind me of the fragility that we all will face at some point.
It’s also a reminder that even when your physically perfect, chances are that life is throwing some other shite your way.
I’ve got the lot.
A fit and firing maw n paw, 2 beautiful kids and the fortune to say their mothers the ex.
It’s every duck I could dream of in a row.
But No matter how good it is 90% of the week, we all have that 10% where it’s the opposite. It’s hard to explain or even understand where it comes from but it’s as familiar and frequent as buying a pint of milk.
I was brought up by good people and when I look in the mirror every day, I can win a staring contest with myself. I can live with who I am, but
for some reason I don’t seem to like myself 😂
I have no reason to dislike myself either but …..
I was born to 2 kids in truth. 2 weans by 20, 3 by 23 years old.
I had my first at 38. I watched them struggle. Mum at home, dad so young he didn’t know what a decent wage was till I was a teen.
In reflection of my life observing them, I had kids when it made sense. I remember hiding on a Saturday afternoon fae the provi woman. The provi paid every Xmas. But looking back we we’re hiding over a £3 payment 😂

I’m rambling a bit…..

Because tonight I had a wee 5 minutes where I was buzzing. It doesn’t happen very often and it’s also inexplicable. Something comes over yi, it’s like a rush, disnae last long.

So I sought the Well Being thread and shared negativity despite the positivity. That’s life though.

I remember vividly at a smoking session a guy much older than me commenting ‘if you think life’s shite, wait till you get to that point when you go to bed and close your eyes, u realise your stuck someone you cant bring yourself to like’
I welcome my kids every Friday with open arms. Come Sunday I run them out of town back to their mother. Then 30 minutes later, a cloud lands that doesn’t lift to the next Friday.
That’s life, there’s no cloud without rain
I’ve no clue what’s above or the order it’s in
I think I’m saying that no matter how happy we think we are or should be, we all have these moments.
Your not alone.
And that’s a rant when I’m in good spirits, JD spirits and my monthly smoke
Great post Stg, i'm sure we all feel like that at times. Good to get that off your chest. HH.
Its the bad times that make us appreciate the good.

I haven't been that wide open in a long time, might have been to do with drinking more in a night than i normally would in a month :rolleyes:
You're in good company Mucker, there's a lot of truth in your post, and don't be so hard on yourself, your kids are your priority and how you speak of your parents tells me they instilled a lot of their 'old school' values in their boy, hope you have a great week, and that goes for everyone on the noise Hug your girls and stay in touch pal YNWA

I haven't been that wide open in a long time, might have been to do with drinking more in a night than i normally would in a month :rolleyes:
I mind hiding from the provy guy as a wean as well STG, that was a blast from the past.
Like brim and Dill said you're not alone buddy far from it and this wee thread is genius for letting go on.
All the best to you and yours STG HH YNWA

I mind hiding from the provy guy as a wean as well STG, that was a blast from the past.
Like brim and Dill said you're not alone buddy far from it and this wee thread is genius for letting go on.
All the best to you and yours STG HH YNWA
My mates old man was a schemie character, he claims he told the provy guy, look, eh have loads o debt, I put the names in the hat, I pull one oot and that’s who gets paid that week, any mair shite fae you and yer name winna even go in the hat!!

My mates old man was a schemie character, he claims he told the provy guy, look, eh have loads o debt, I put the names in the hat, I pull one oot and that’s who gets paid that week, any mair shite fae you and yer name winna even go in the hat!!
It's quite a surreal memory and very similar to STG with regards to the provy guy.
Like STG, I mind the guys chap at the door , unmistakable and followed with " Provy guy ! It's Norrie" and he was an old acquaintance of my Da's making it worse 😅
Also same as STG I'm talking about me, 2 sisters 2 brothers , ma and Da could sometimes all be in the house and everyone would freeze on the spot and it was a fiver or something we were hiding. That fiver though tbf in todays boodle is probably the equivalent of 50 quid these days, more perhaps cos it sure feels like you could get more for a fiver in the late 70s/early 80s than you can for 50 quid now especially in Co-op or corrupt I call it , bloody extortionate shop.

Members online

Latest posts

Back