Well Being

To all who serve in the NHS and the Caring Community thanks for your continued service to the people you look after
For some on here me included thank you for the work you do everyday. The high standards of care with one hand tied behind your backs.
My Mother in law is in the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh with severe breathing difficulties and now has Emphysema to contend with
But the care given is very much appreciated
By the whole family.
So as others have said (BB) if you have or are struggling get the help you need.
To the Caring Industry you are brilliant at what you do everyday for people at their lowest
Thank you 💚👏👏👏👏👏

HH🙏

To all who serve in the NHS and the Caring Community thanks for your continued service to the people you look after
For some on here me included thank you for the work you do everyday. The high standards of care with one hand tied behind your backs.
My Mother in law is in the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh with severe breathing difficulties and now has Emphysema to contend with
But the care given is very much appreciated
By the whole family.
So as others have said (BB) if you have or are struggling get the help you need.
To the Caring Industry you are brilliant at what you do everyday for people at their lowest
Thank you 💚👏👏👏👏👏

HH🙏
Very well said Jammy.👏👏👏👏👏

Sorry ,haven't posted for a while ,I've been in a strange kind of limbo after being given a new treatment the side affects (now worn off ) were unbelievable, I would get up in the morning shower have my breakfast take the meds and have no recollection of anything until my wife woke me up for lunch would then sit about all afternoon with a strange brain fog then have my tea and more meds , bed and then it was morning again .
Cant fault the help and support given by the Doctors and nurses ,feeling a lot better now even though the new meds didn't do any Good, I think all the sleep must have helped .
Look after yourselves and all your loved ones and have a great new year .
Rip Van Marky

Sorry ,haven't posted for a while ,I've been in a strange kind of limbo after being given a new treatment the side affects (now worn off ) were unbelievable, I would get up in the morning shower have my breakfast take the meds and have no recollection of anything until my wife woke me up for lunch would then sit about all afternoon with a strange brain fog then have my tea and more meds , bed and then it was morning again .
Cant fault the help and support given by the Doctors and nurses ,feeling a lot better now even though the new meds didn't do any Good, I think all the sleep must have helped .
Rip Van Marky
Hope you have a better new year, all the best Marky.

Rip Van Marky
I know a couple of friends who've been through this treatment and they both said it was like having the worst flu ever. But they are both still enjoying a very active life. I wasn't sure if your lack of posts was because of this or Hollywood had seen your tv appearances and so you'd moved onto a higher level of pals than us Noisers. 😉

You take care of yourself, pal. It will be a tough journey but will be worth it. You have the right mental attitude and toughness to beat this bastard of a disease. I hope that 2024 is a much better year for you and your family. You have the love and support of your friends on the Noise - if you need any help our even just a chat/message then let us know.

There are a couple of other regulars on here going through a tough time as well, so I'm wishing you guys all the best as well. Remember, you'll never walk alone.

Good luck abidy.

I know a couple of friends who've been through this treatment and they both said it was like having the worst flu ever. But they are both still enjoying a very active life. I wasn't sure if your lack of posts was because of this or Hollywood had seen your tv appearances and so you'd moved onto a higher level of pals than us Noisers. 😉

You take care of yourself, pal. It will be a tough journey but will be worth it. You have the right mental attitude and toughness to beat this bastard of a disease. I hope that 2024 is a much better year for you and your family. You have the love and support of your friends on the Noise - if you need any help our even just a chat/message then let us know.

There are a couple of other regulars on here going through a tough time as well, so I'm wishing you guys all the best as well. Remember, you'll never walk alone.

Good luck abidy.
Thanks Bridie Bhoy,
Alas Hollywood hasn't called yet ,but someone somewhere must be looking for a wee fat baldy leading man🤣.
The consultants Just waiting for the results of a Genetics test to come back to see if I can get on a genetics blocker drug , I have to have the BCA2 ???Gene to get it ,if not it will be more Chemotherapy.
Anyways up and at em, as the saying goes .
One of the better side effects of the brain fog and endless sleeping was I didn't know Celtic had lost 2 games so in my universe its a 14 points😏 lead over the great unwashed.

Safe to say that straightforward years are a wee bit in short supply. Not just for us on the noise.
A peaceful ✌️ new year to all. Below is a bit dated but a wee idea of what we’re trying to wrap our head around. Football is a community.

Rip Van Marky
Good to hear from you Marky, was just thinking of you yesterday and wondered how you were doing, yes sometimes the meds we're on have 'interesting' side effects, glad you got it figured out mate, always rely on your own instincts when you don't think something is right, sending positive thoughts to all on here, for a better New Year, YNWA

Rip Van Marky
Look forward to hearing from you in the New Year Marky you have went through more than most will go through you’ve done it with total Dignity and a great sense of humour.
Keep up the good fight and remember the Noise will support you.
Thoughts and prayers to you Marky and your family 🙏👏👏

HH Marky 1956💚💚

This is what the forums are about
Supporting each other in a time of need
A kind of cyber hug if you like, showing that we truly will never walk alone
The wee yin was ill at Christmas so we never got to see the family as it was strep throat and scarlet fever, we were very worried about her but almost two weeks on and a course of rest and antibiotics, she’s now on the mend, but it breaks your heart to see the wee yins sick especially when Santa’s coming doon the lum
We did a video call a few days and she said she really missed her Papa and of course she was happy to see Grandma, and her buddy Georgia ❤️
I asked her if she was excited on Christmas Eve to know that Santa was coming
She said excitedly
“Papa, I heard him !!!”
Hey you at the back
I’m not crying, you’re crying 😎
Anyway hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and hope you all enjoy a wonderful 2024
Happy New Year
HH

Rip Van Marky
I was going to say stay strong my friend but I know it's not that easy when you're feeling like shit. My best wishes for you and your family. Take care. YNWA. HH.

Just a heads up to let everyone know that our California Bhoy is in hospital, recovering from a 'slight' stroke, in his words..."It's not a BIG one" which of course is great to hear, personally, with me having had several TIA's throughout the past decade, they're 'warnings' and your doctors and nurses are there to be listened to, after these events, anyway, not sure if I should have posted, but hey, he's 2000 miles from me, so I'm doing this because of how much he's thought of on the noise by the members, his usual humour is in evidence, and that's a good sign, he's on the road to recovery and Larry, if you read this..it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask permission to post, here's to a speedy and full recovery pal YNWA

Last edited:
Just a heads up to let everyone know that our California Bhoy is in hospital, recovering from a 'slight' stroke, in his words..."It's not a BIG one" which of course is great to hear, personally, with me having had several TIA's throughout the past decade, they're 'warnings' and your doctors and nurses are there to be listened to, after these events, anyway, not sure if I should have posted, but hey, he's 2000 miles from me, so I'm doing this because of how much he's thought of on the noise by the members, his usual humour is in evidence, and that's a good sign, he's on the road to recovery and Larry, if you read this...nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah...here's to a speedy and full recovery YNWA
Get well soon, lcafiero. And be ready for the celebrations. 🍻👍

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back