Brendan Rodgers

Can’t see why Kennedy is holding this up if he goes he goes we have a ready made replacement in Broonie who has done some good work at Fleetwood took them on a good Cup run and has built a reasonable team,He has everything going for Him attitude belief and experience so can’t see the holdup
With you on this Digger. Rather see Kennedy go now . Obviously he doesn't want to stay. So much eh for a Celtic man get rid now

Hello there,
Ive just joined. I was hoping to post a few comments but when I saw that shiny gold "Post Thread' button, i thought, "that will allow me to annoy a lot more people in less time", so it was a no brainer.
When things are going great at our club, i love to read forums like this one, Celtic Star, Celtic Blog, etims. Theyre about the only ones I am sure are written by actual tims and not just some Reach patronising offshoot.
When I start joining these forums to actually spout my own shoite, you can tell things have gone awry at our club.

I was reading etims earlier, an article discussing Rodgers coming back as manager.
As usual, the article was fully self-depricating, but figured a line which said, paraphrasing, we would know what we are getting and we would be in no danger of allowing ourselves to fall in love with him, given how he scuttled away.

After the last week, which has left me utterly disappointed in my hopes that we would have a good manager for a few years at least, I am coming around to this. Is it about time we were the mercenary ones?
We dont need to sell our USP's to anyone.

Another thing that I hope is not just taxi driver bollox was a comment in the same forum quoting someone on KDS which stated that Rodgers was interested, but assurances would have to be given about interference from certain people at boardroom level.

As much as his midnight flit angered me given the stage we were at in that season, this is an itch that has never been scratched for all of us with this whole episode. The Marian Shved quotes were a rare insight into something that we have all suspected for a long time.

If it was a choice between a bullsh#t artist whos trophy hall rivalled every manager weve had bar one, compared to going further down this whole City Group alliance thing which paints us as a paltry serf to a financially doped EPL superpower, I know which one I would rather have.

Their leading candidate is being touted as the brains behind Pep, much like the clown who is installed across the river, but his only real gig as a manager ended after 14 games in Serie B. That should have alarm bells ringing.
The growing nepotism and installing us as the City Groups fluffer club should have them ringing even more.

RIght now a lot of my boxes are being ticked by one candidate:

Someone who comes in with the assurances that our "Chairman" really has no say in football matters.

Someone who is a proven winner.

Someone, like the last manager, doesnt take any sh#t from the hundits.

Someone who I dont have to worry about making me feel like he will be here for years because I know what they are all about - but thats ok, because we are the ones who can be mercenary now.

To me its a no brainer. This appoinent can put the uglies, the hunfits and the Lawwell conundrum to bed.

And when he goes scuttling back to the land of milk and honey, we will be able to call ourselves the most successful club in europe in terms of trophies won, (with the same club) and we can tell him, "thanks for the memories, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out".

Because mercenaries know their worth. And we are Glasgow Celtic.
Due to length of your novel, I propose a short story. Just say what you mean,say what you think make sense or otherwise it matters not.
As long as you are Celtic,
Through and through,
I'll always be here to make you look brilliant.
PS. BR let's go with the flow.

With you on this Digger. Rather see Kennedy go now . Obviously he doesn't want to stay. So much eh for a Celtic man get rid now
To me breadbhoy it's simple, JK has choices to make. I truly appreciate he is wanted as a no2, at Celtic, at Spurs, is that his own ambition? If John K is happy as the "head coach" type, then fair enough, however if he does have ambition above, then, do a Broony and have a go.

Aye but there’s more than one who doesn’t want us to sell our soul to the Devil. And I’m not a psychotrist but you’re made of clay moulded into a Rogers fan Bhoy.
We may win trophies but will the style of football he prefers be watchable or his hi possession borefest of before.
Get why we want Ratgers he’s a top manager which means he’ll run to the EPL at the first flash o Crystal Palace’s knickers imo.

HH 😞

I believe BR is awaiting the offer of the Spurs job either at Xmas or start of next season, imo. I don't do this forgive & forget 💩, simply because imo they'll do it again. HH

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️MON THE HOOPS☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

All this BR talk is getting us all worked up. If he comes or goes I for one couldn't care less. There are many more excellent managers out there. I know we'd have to pay compensation for them, with Rodgers no compensation needed. This is my point DD is pushing the 🚢 out for him , if Rodgers does a Howe then DD won't trust anyone again . He has been bitten twice already no more will he take the 💩

The Kennedy hate always fascinates me...here is a guy who has been championed and sought after by no less than 4 Celtic managers, been assistant for 9 championships and 5 (FIVE) trebles....yet the internet pundits dismiss him as useless....mad

Close season affects so many. We are addicted to Celtic and seek it out several times a day. Rodgers appears to be the choice made by the Board. Who am I to second guess them?
Follow the herd!
Great advice to any of the young generation. "Well done son, just do what you're told and don't dare have an opinion of your own".
I'm glad you weren't my go to man for advice growing up.

Maybe the long negotiating time is a good thing? If it results in more investment into the club, its operating structure and squad then that will be an excellent thing in my view. We know that the board wouldn't go on a crazy spending spree that we caccot afford, but we can certainly invest more based on our increased revenue last year/next year.

I do contract negotiations for a living, and this is not unusual to nitpick over tiny details for far too long! It is not as smooth as it could be as there is clearly history and mistrust between Lawwell and Rodgers (and rightly so on both counts).

The Kennedy hate always fascinates me...here is a guy who has been championed and sought after by no less than 4 Celtic managers, been assistant for 9 championships and 5 (FIVE) trebles....yet the internet pundits dismiss him as useless....mad
The reason being is that when he had the chance to put his own thoughts/personality into the team after lenny left there didn't seem to be anything different or a change of style/plans in the team, no change of attitude or belief from the players, no players where inspired to perform above and beyond. OK he's gone but Ange at least was a proper coach who led the team to better performances, so in part at least JK doesn't seem to have that ability and it does look like a case of nepotism as far as JK goes or is it the fact that his career was ended by injury and he has been a good little Celtic man!!! Either way a large portion of the support doesn't have the belief that he contributes enough to the club, even though various mgrs have praised him, there's also the thought that he's the boards man and he's there to watch the mgr and players. HH.

Been away for a wee bit, hope everyone's well, I'd have BR back in a nano, if he's coming back it means big budget for players and guarantees, HH
Good to see you on again HD, I know what you mean about big budgets etc..... But doing it for one or two transfer windows wont be enough, we are going to have to be able to do it repeatedly to get a foothold in Europe.... And I dont see why the same deal couldn't be offered to other managers... Plenty would consider it given a vastly improved spending budget and a gag on big Peter...

But if its Brendan then we get behind him and the team 💯 %

The bloke was an absolute 🔔end he thought he was Billy big balls better than everyone at the club his Ego to blame everyone else but himself is a joke he demoralised criticised the players in front of the media, blaming them for the poor results when in fact it was his own doing alienating players lying blaming their fitness as the issue when in fact they were as fit as Fuch.

Rodgers started off great a couple of top 5 finishes an Fa cup & Charity shield ( Thank you for those !) then went nose diving after the 4-0 thumping by Forest he then blamed every player for his incompetent inadequate egotistical behaviour his slating of the players was unacceptable, no wonder our players lost confidence in their abilities not also being played out of positions but playing dreadful formations slagging them off it was totally inappropriate and unacceptable and should have been sacked then !

You could see what kind of season we were going to have when he refused to make a substitution on our first game against Brentford on a warm day until a late single substitution was a token gesture, even tho we were ahead Thomas Franck changed 5 players which pushed them on to draw the game from 2-0 down a few extra minutes we would have lost that game our players looked exhausted yet HRH Brendan Fuching Rodgers refused to make more substitutions because he was apparently protesting about not being backed in the summer transfer window !

So yes I’ll call him out he is the catalyst that caused our demise from Premier League Champs to Premier League Chumps, and the board need also to hold their collective hands up too as they should of sacked him months before they did absolutely incompetence personified now we’re in the Championship and have to rebuild to get back to the big time Hope Top can find the funds to rebuild our great club !!
I like Leicester, the first Premiership game I went to was the Foxes against Arsenal when big Heskey scored a screamer. You need to get real though. They won the league unexpectedly & for some reason Leicester fans think that they are a big club, you aren't, Fact.
Rodgers won you team their First FA cup & the first time your team had won the charity shield since 1971. He also got you you a European semi final.
To then sell players & not replace them while the rest of the teams are spending mega money, to me is shocking. What did you expect to happen?
Now is that down to BR or your board?
I would say the board.
BR has a massive ego, he loves himself more than anything else. Do you really think he fucked about with the team to lose games just to prove a point to the Board? I personally don't think his inflated ego would allow that.
Now your board have just appointed a guy as manager with fuck all managerial experience apart from a shambolic time at Parma. Hope it goes well for you but I can't see the Foxes getting out the championship.

Back