Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

Thought the performance was much the same as most we've seen this season. OK, we maybe looked better in terms of dominating the game, moving the ball quicker, showing a willingness to backtrack. All good and well, but their keeper had it too easy. Same old, same old, we just don't kill teams off. With three points earned and the Dons getting gubbed again I'll take it.

We're not clynical enough despite our periods of dominance. Against Killie we had an offside goal and a soft penalty to flatter us. Still EVERY delivery into our box is a potential goal as demonstrated again later today. 3 points, whoopi! Convincing , no. Better teams will make us pay. Papering over cracks springs to mind.

Fair shout, but I'd argue- all that off the back of WGS version of MON Celtic but for much cheapness 1st and off Brendan R and that all conquering squad 2nd.
Remember we let him walk away last time.For Bolton. We didnt want him.

He got right time right place after Hibs - and they didn't shed any tears. Love the guy but I think his record managerial can be challenged. Just opinion 🍀

Just finished listening to Lennon tell us we were excellent for 70 minutes,I thought 60 at most. We know Lenny has his supporters as few as they may be they still support the guy which is their perogative as is ours to want him out..
My opinion only...is when he was taken on for the second time his first game was at Tynecastle where we won 2-1,that was not Lennons team that was Brendan Rogers team,since that Wednesday night nothing will convince me Lawwell was still looking for a manager,why should he when he already had a ready made poundland manager who would be at his beck and call no matter what he was asked to do Lawwell knew he would do it,he knew there would be no argument from Lenny because he was here to do whatever Lawwell wanted him to do.
I often wonder how things would have turned out last year if sevco had not went to pieces,I am not saying we would not have won the league I am saying it would have been a lot different just as it would have been now if we had a manager in the same mould as Rogers,unfortunately we dont,we have who we have and are stuck with him for the time being,he is in a battle to keep his job which I think he has already lost,even Desmond cant be arrogant enough to keep him on..
I have watched Celtic for 60 years now and I believe until the day I die I will never experience the hiding we took from the huns in the league cup final,that was the most one sided old firm game I have witnessed,can I be sure it will never happen again ?? definitely not so long as this guy is in charge,when the pressure builds on him you only need to look at him and know he is asking himself what do I do now,how can I get out of this mess,the coaching staff he has cannot help him,they are as bad as he is when it comes to tactics..
I have always said great players dont always make great managers but I am now beginning to realise this applies to coaches also like John Kennedy who was for me the best player I had seen since George Connelly,but because he would have went on to be a Celtic Legend he obviously will never achieve that accolade as a Celtic coach..
I have been doing what Lennon should have been doing since he took charge on that first night,he should have been keeping an eye on what was happening over at the cesspit as regards to recruiting,slippy has put a team on that park now who believe they can go all the way without losing a game,he has strengthened the midfield ,he has strengthened the back four and added fire power to his front men,I am not saying they are world beaters just Celtic beaters and I dont see it changing any time soon so long as Lennon wears the crown..

HH

Just finished listening to Lennon tell us we were excellent for 70 minutes,I thought 60 at most. We know Lenny has his supporters as few as they may be they still support the guy which is their perogative as is ours to want him out..
My opinion only...is when he was taken on for the second time his first game was at Tynecastle where we won 2-1,that was not Lennons team that was Brendan Rogers team,since that Wednesday night nothing will convince me Lawwell was still looking for a manager,why should he when he already had a ready made poundland manager who would be at his beck and call no matter what he was asked to do Lawwell knew he would do it,he knew there would be no argument from Lenny because he was here to do whatever Lawwell wanted him to do.
I often wonder how things would have turned out last year if sevco had not went to pieces,I am not saying we would not have won the league I am saying it would have been a lot different just as it would have been now if we had a manager in the same mould as Rogers,unfortunately we dont,we have who we have and are stuck with him for the time being,he is in a battle to keep his job which I think he has already lost,even Desmond cant be arrogant enough to keep him on..
I have watched Celtic for 60 years now and I believe until the day I die I will never experience the hiding we took from the huns in the league cup final,that was the most one sided old firm game I have witnessed,can I be sure it will never happen again ?? definitely not so long as this guy is in charge,when the pressure builds on him you only need to look at him and know he is asking himself what do I do now,how can I get out of this mess,the coaching staff he has cannot help him,they are as bad as he is when it comes to tactics..
I have always said great players dont always make great managers but I am now beginning to realise this applies to coaches also like John Kennedy who was for me the best player I had seen since George Connelly,but because he would have went on to be a Celtic Legend he obviously will never achieve that accolade as a Celtic coach..
I have been doing what Lennon should have been doing since he took charge on that first night,he should have been keeping an eye on what was happening over at the cesspit as regards to recruiting,slippy has put a team on that park now who believe they can go all the way without losing a game,he has strengthened the midfield ,he has strengthened the back four and added fire power to his front men,I am not saying they are world beaters just Celtic beaters and I dont see it changing any time soon so long as Lennon wears the crown..

HH
👍👍 Lennyball is limited. No rubbish just limited. A serious Bun side and the momentum of BRs team running oot have been too much for it

Fair shout, but I'd argue- all that off the back of WGS version of MON Celtic but for much cheapness 1st and off Brendan R and that all conquering squad 2nd.

He got right time right place after Hibs - and they didn't shed any tears. Love the guy but I think his record managerial can be challenged. Just opinion 🍀
We did,nt let him walk away Kristiano he is the guy who did the walking away.
He left us after giving a statement to the press..I have taken Celtic as far as I think I can..
I want to hear him repeat the same statement mate any time very very soon..

He left us after giving a statement to the press..I have taken Celtic as far as I think I can..
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember him saying something like 'all my good players have been sold and replaced with rubbish .' It's ironic that the good players he has now are playing way below their best under his management .

Your allowed your opinion pal and you get 99% of it right IMO
Granted, terrible season without a doubt for him and team
I just think its unfair to trash his managerial career in the heat of the moment
Nobody gives titles away, althugh they are thrown away like us this year,
Trophies are won fair and square (in theory) and he got the first 5 trophies possible with us
Fair game to criticise this season but to write off his and players achievements to date is too far

Last edited:
We're not clynical enough despite our periods of dominance. Against Killie we had an offside goal and a soft penalty to flatter us. Still EVERY delivery into our box is a potential goal as demonstrated again later today. 3 points, whoopi! Convincing , no. Better teams will make us pay. Papering over cracks springs to mind.
Absolutely agree. No dominant character in the defence. Goalie looks like he is shit scared.
Two games in a row I thought defence was very very fragile
HH

Absolutely agree. No dominant character in the defence. Goalie looks like he is shit scared.
Two games in a row I thought defence was very very fragile
HH
Defence been like paper mashe all season
The bhoy Welsh just getting up to game sharpness
It's only looking fragile between keeper and CB'S the now

we've lacked a striker to attack crosses since ................

your spot on sprig, he walked, thought at the time it was a mixture of peter selling his assets and him thinking he was billy timmy big time

Members online

Latest posts

Back