Enough is enough

A big problem with creating elite leagues from what we already see is that the supply of quality battle ready signings outside elite bubble dries up.

if the small clubs are drained of their ability to attract players then elite groups will slowly get worse

the big picture must include the grass roots or the pie in the sky elite bubble will explode and the interest at grass roots level will already be dead since all the skills plus passion required will be gone.

if you take a wire rope and wrap it round your upper legs to keep more blood flow in upper body then the whole things dies when gangrene sets in since the blood needs to fill whole body

cunning plans to deprive vital limbs to make bigger limbs even bigger might seem sensible but instead of evolution you will get dross followed by death

football is no different

entire supply of talent needs competition to grow effectively

imo

the current elite bubbles run by money men are killing the game for a quick buck short term

money is their game, they move on to next money game

football dies without wee clubs
The wee clubs will remain " feeder" clubs in order to survive. That's been the way since we kicked a ball. Football will soon be slightly reshaped in my opinion. Probably with less professional teams but essentially that system will remain.

A big problem with creating elite leagues from what we already see is that the supply of quality battle ready signings outside elite bubble dries up.

if the small clubs are drained of their ability to attract players then elite groups will slowly get worse

the big picture must include the grass roots or the pie in the sky elite bubble will explode and the interest at grass roots level will already be dead since all the skills plus passion required will be gone.

if you take a wire rope and wrap it round your upper legs to keep more blood flow in upper body then the whole things dies when gangrene sets in since the blood needs to fill whole body

cunning plans to deprive vital limbs to make bigger limbs even bigger might seem sensible but instead of evolution you will get dross followed by death

football is no different

entire supply of talent needs competition to grow effectively

imo

the current elite bubbles run by money men are killing the game for a quick buck short term

money is their game, they move on to next money game

football dies without wee clubs
Aye TET - but you are looking at this using some common sense. Too many of the owners are now involved in European football as a vanity project where they can throw about vast amounts of silly money. Many won't actually care about the long-term prospects for the sport! At some point I can see an NFL type top league and possibly some regional superleagues at the next level down, then national leagues.

Last edited:
The wee clubs will remain " feeder" clubs in order to survive. That's been the way since we kicked a ball. Football will soon be slightly reshaped in my opinion. Probably with less professional teams but essentially that system will remain.
but you miss the point is the wee clubs cant make any money from their talent

because the wages they can offer are not good enough to demand large fees

if you have only amateur teams then jump to premier league wages

the inability to pay the bills at wee clubs destroys the real value adding talent.

talent needs competition to grow

having 30 players or more at any club means good players are not getting talent added competition and cant afford to go to wee clubs for game since the gap in wages is too large.

creates a dying elite group

and kills the supply from wee clubs hoping for a bit of glory here and there.

Last edited:
This is not the same shit. Covid will dictate who stands or falls financially. Just as the " big leagues" who get everything their way now find themselves in a weaker position. I agree with him that all clubs will need to maximise their own potential. There's many teams in the big leagues that nobody outwith the locals bother about. The teams with the largest fanbase and appeal to an audience worldwide " could seek the opportunity to do what's better for them. Even if it takes four years.
We can take this up in four years then. And I bet you a pint it's the same old shit. For us to capitalise on our fan base will never happen when Sky have the rights. Celtic Tv cant show games in the UK or Ireland because of this. If Celtic Tv got rid of the most boring cunts alive and made it more attractive we could raise considerable sums. Rught now Celtic Tv is absolute torture to listen to, in fact everyone I know watched it with the sound off, so bad it was.. improve that and fans outside these Islands might buy it in greater numbers. I would explore that before even considering a British Prem. I have more chance of Emily Blunt sending me an invite to move in with her than that league happening.

I will need to go, theres ma phone and its a USA number.

lets say next Messi playing at east fife

how much would he cost to buy?

well probably couple grand since he wants to play at barcelona

dundee utd and Aberdeen were once capable of competing with best teams in world

a minute they cant even compete for silverware often in scotland

the wage gaps get bigger

the talent gets smaller

and the whole thing gets smaller and less entertaining

todays formation is 2 1 6 1 with 6 inside rights and 1 DM

Eddy gets 1 shot

our 2 cbs keep punting the ball out to outside left and everybody runs about with blind folds on

think we need another inside right to get this formation working better

:p:p:p:p
Get MD to pick the side if you need another inside right - he is allowed to select 12 players.

Back