FC Midtjylland v Celtic - Match Thread. All comments here

We lost, we deal, and move on
And for all the armchair QB's who shout the odds at Ralston and Taylor, Christie, your opinion
Wee Taylor always gives 100% even when our superstar centre forward trips over his petted lip
I'll take a team of 'tryers' any day of the week, same passion as the fans in the stand who pay their hard earned cash to watch some of our players 'float'
Christie is a great player, bit erratic at times, but he shows up and was one of our best players v Mitty
Does my box in
And as much as Ralston doesn't have the silky skills, of the guys being touted as possible signings, that Bhoy did not hide last night
He deserves credit for fighting for the cause, he had his best performance in a Celtic jersey in my humble opinion

Credit where it's due

COYBIG
Anthony Ralston .jpeg

Last edited:
Ralston didn't put a foot wrong away to Midtylland the other night. I actually feel quite sorry for him, he is 22 but has never really been given a chance to have a run in the team. But straight away dropped for a loanee. The lad has only played 12 games in the SPL for us he really should have 50+. How do we expect these youngsters to get better when we don't play them then throw them into our biggest games of the season with every fan on their back saying that they're not good enough.

The issue with Celtic at the moment isn't that we don't have the players, it's just some players like Eduoward just can't be fucked. Midtylland weren't great but they had 11 players on that pitch that gave everything for that club.

I would say that over the 2 games we only ever started with 10 men.

Agreed CR, Ralston got a raw deal last season with been totally overlooked and not even been given a chance even when the replacement was no better.
Still remain unsure if Ralston could grow into the player for the position as still lacks natural ability to me still.
A great example of how poor our coaching has been where a young player needs still the higher level of coaching to be able to slot into a position when one becomes available.
Hope for big changes in that regards and can only put it down to a very lazy attitude within the club.
Sorry to mention 10 players, but far to generous with the number if you put in the ability stakes also, then we were still only operating at about 5/6 that would be capable of CL football which is shameful also.

Members online

Latest posts

Back