Merry Christmas, then St Mirren v Celtic - Boxing Day kick-off 3pm - all comments here

I'm not a fan of Jamesie on the left. I know Strachan had success playing left and right footed players on the opposite wings so they would cut in and use overlapping full backs to provide the real width. But I don't think we see the best of Forrest using this tactic. Let's hope I'm wrong again.
Chuffed to see a strong team. No point resting anyone when there are three points up for grabs, Deal with Sunday as and when.
With you though BB. Don't like the balance to the frontline. Not so much for Forrest cutting back in, as against the smaller sides we tend to get away with it but mainly because I'd rather see Christie in the middle of the park. Johnston off the bench has been a good tactic though.
Let's get the 3 points today and end the decade with the same. Time to flex our muscles!

Chuffed to see a strong team. No point resting anyone when there are three points up for grabs, Deal with Sunday as and when.
With you though BB. Don't like the balance to the frontline. Not so much for Forrest cutting back in, as against the smaller sides we tend to get away with it but mainly because I'd rather see Christie in the middle of the park. Johnston off the bench has been a good tactic though.
Let's get the 3 points today and end the decade with the same. Time to flex our muscles!
Exactly Niall. No point resting anyone now unless they aren't 100% fit, as we are about to enter the winter break. Get 3 points and hopefully a few goals.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Jamesie on the left. I know Strachan had success playing left and right footed players on the opposite wings so they would cut in and use overlapping full backs to provide the real width. But I don't think we see the best of Forrest using this tactic. Let's hope I'm wrong again.
I agree mate, I'd prefer Forrest on the right, Mikey on the left and Christie at number 10.
Lenny seems determined to give Muthafuka more playing time just now, not a bad idea because he's too talented to sit on the bench all season, I just don't think that's our strongest formation at the moment. HH good luck Bhoys.

I agree mate, I'd prefer Forrest on the right, Mikey on the left and Christie at number 10.
Lenny seems determined to give Muthafuka more playing time just now, not a bad idea because he's too talented to sit on the bench all season, I just don't think that's our strongest formation at the moment. HH good luck Bhoys.
I agree 100%. It is tough on Ntcham but if all our players are fit he wouldn't get a start. If Elyounoussi is fit I'd have him on the left with Mikey J as an impact sub.

Mon The Hoops!

Members online

Latest posts

Back