Salzburg v Celtic Match Thread

Another poor display in Europe the problem is we don't seem to be learning anything from the losses . It's too easy for teams to go at us we just seem unable to defend as a team for 90mins

It all boils down to failing to invest, rather than strengthen what we had we lost possibly our 3 best attacking players in Dembele, Armstrong and Roberts so those who expected us to perform well away in Europe against a team unbeaten at home for almost 50 games and who reached the semis last season maybe full of hope but there is nothing to base that hope on

Over at Ibrokes it’s scum v more scum, let’s hope they kick the living shit out of each other and the zombies get a pumping

I thought Hendry was absolute mince with no redeeming qualites.... just a poor player. No right to be at Celtic. Lustig not far behind.
Some folks like Mulumbu but I think he is less than ordinary. Our midfield forgot to turn up. We gave them total control of midfield.
Eduard apart from a great bit of work in the first 2 minutes forgot where he was for the rest of his time on the pitch. He gave the right back free reign to run up the pitch all night and if the ball came back at him by mistake he was offside or lost the ball when played up to him.
If we do not sort out this back line we might have to kiss goodbye to KT. He won't want to stick around with guys like Hendry behind him. Might as well take the money. I am so disappointed by that performance (or lack of)

Not too disappointed by to-nights result,yes at times our passing was bad and one or two of ours need to get in gear too lackadaisical for this level we looked a lot better when the two youngsters came on .Forrest unlucky but had to do what he did.I think it will be a different game at Celtic Park no us looking back the future is in front of us not behind keep the faith

It all boils down to failing to invest, rather than strengthen what we had we lost possibly our 3 best attacking players in Dembele, Armstrong and Roberts so those who expected us to perform well away in Europe against a team unbeaten at home for almost 50 games and who reached the semis last season maybe full of hope but there is nothing to base that hope on

Over at Ibrokes it’s scum v more scum, let’s hope they kick the living shit out of each other and the zombies get a pumping
That's the only thing that's stopping me from hitting the gin bottle, SL :eek:

I thought Hendry was absolute mince with no redeeming qualites.... just a poor player. No right to be at Celtic. Lustig not far behind.
Some folks like Mulumbu but I think he is less than ordinary. Our midfield forgot to turn up. We gave them total control of midfield.
Eduard apart from a great bit of work in the first 2 minutes forgot where he was for the rest of his time on the pitch. He gave the right back free reign to run up the pitch all night and if the ball came back at him by mistake he was offside or lost the ball when played up to him.
If we do not sort out this back line we might have to kiss goodbye to KT. He won't want to stick around with guys like Hendry behind him. Might as well take the money. I am so disappointed by that performance (or lack of)

Seriously, mate, I have no objectivity when it comes to Hendry. I'd punt him out the door in the morning and play one of our U-13's ...

Currently we are not good enough to be in Europe and win the League, so not too disappointed. If we had somehow of managed a result it would only have made PL think less money was needed in the January window.
Was not expecting anything tonight, just hoping for no new injuries. Hope Broony is back soon.

Unfair to pick out individuals from a shocking ( especially second half ) display - Lustig , McGregor , Ntcham etc.... were all poor .
Hate to admit it but Rodgers does seem to freeze when Europe comes around - particularly away from Parkhead . This was a well-organised team , but we made them look world beaters in the second half . I do not think we will get the better of them at home playing the dross we have played for so much of this season .

We need a winter clearout to get shot of those who aren't good enough for a hoops jersey and make room for what the fans deserve. Everybody is paying through the nose to follow a team who, on tonight's performance, just can't cut the mustard. :cautious:

It was a foul,it was a penalty and it was a sending off and yes, yet again James Forrest was anonymous. But it's ok he's just been given a new 4 year contract by a manager whos never staying here for 4 years. Happy days

Unfair to pick out individuals from a shocking ( especially second half ) display - Lustig , McGregor , Ntcham etc.... were all poor .
Hate to admit it but Rodgers does seem to freeze when Europe comes around - particularly away from Parkhead . This was a well-organised team , but we made them look world beaters in the second half . I do not think we will get the better of them at home playing the dross we have played for so much of this season .
Spot on! We are absolutely shocking in Europe, why can a workman like team probably on half our wages look so confident and make us look like we forgot who our teammate are as soon as we arrive at the airport

Listen...the first half performance was good...you could see them getting frustrated, moaning at the ref...greeting about everything...lack of concentration cost us the game in the second half...just keep in mind that they reached the semis last year and are looking to win it this year...but we will do them at home....I definitely agree wee need some investment.

James Forrest getting sent of capped it of for me , the guys confidence has returned via Rogers and he has been playing some great football , then they have him playing a wing back role which he clearly inst geared up for and it showed, i'd be brutal in the playing cull out would go,

Lustig - now short of pace and can be opened up to easily
Henry - not enough class to be in this team and im sure we have under 21s better than him
Gordon - past his best , not brave enough
Simunovic Compper, Hayes, Kouassi, Allan, Bitton - this could become a book

And the defence coach - John Kennedy - can any one explain why he is still in the dug out.

Apologies for the rant , the prescription will soon kick in

Listen...the first half performance was good...you could see them getting frustrated, moaning at the ref...greeting about everything...lack of concentration cost us the game in the second half...just keep in mind that they reached the semis last year and are looking to win it this year...but we will do them at home....I definitely agree wee need some investment.
Why do we fall apart!! We just struggle to keep any sort possession, red bull don't have any big names yet they play as a half decent team, I still think we are dropping behind in Europe against teams that have half our strength! We are Celtic for fuck sake!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back