Well Being

Aye nae borra fer ra morra pal
Always something on the horizon eh 😎
I’ll be fine, just slowing down a wee bit
HH
Good luck Dill

Hope you've got better folk dealing with you than we have , i went for tests 4weeks ago last monday i got told results came back alls normal everythings fine .

Friday 5.55pm got an email ,,,, eh we made a mistake your not fine and were referring you , couldn't get intouch with them till the monday to confirm it even then it was tuesday before someone got back to me

As spike milligan would say ..'' telt yez a was sick

Good luck Dill

Hope you've got better folk dealing with you than we have , i went for tests 4weeks ago last monday i got told results came back alls normal everythings fine .

Friday 5.55pm got an email ,,,, eh we made a mistake your not fine and were referring you , couldn't get intouch with them till the monday to confirm it even then it was tuesday before someone got back to me

Same here Kelly
Went to a neurologist a year ago June
Didn’t hear anything
Called my own doctor to refill a prescription
He asked me about the narrowed artery in my brain
I said I haven’t heard back so figured everything was fine
So I call the Jackass and he said “everything’s fine”
Me: “what about the occlusion in the brain artery ?”
Him: Wait I’ll just bring up your file
“Excuse me ? Everything’s fine, but you haven’t brought my file up in front of you ?”
He said “Hang on I’m having trouble bringing up your file, my computer is slow”
Needless to say I binned him and his ego
My new neurologist seems competent and funny enough works out of the same hospital, but has already instilled more confidence in me
But nobody knows their body and how they feel, like yourself
Hope everybody stays safe and well, and thanks for the most welcome posts and private messages
YNWA

Last edited:
Good luck Dill

Hope everything turns out ok for you mate
Yes, we have to be our own advocates and question them at times
Some of their egos don’t allow them to own up to mistakes
My faith in the doctors has been shaken at times due to their incompetence
Two years ago after an angiogram the surgeon came to check on me, as the nurses were freaking out in the recovery room
My bp dropped dramatically and my heart rate dropped to 31 beats per minute
He shouted “Move !!”
He pulled back the bedsheet and shouted at the nurses who scattered
He yelled “Hurry up, give him Atropene now !!!”
I was stroking out
He shouted as he pulled the sheets back “Fuck, the goddamn thing isn’t in right!!!”
“Get out if the way, I’ll do it myself !!”
The sheets and gown I had on were bloodstained and they kept me in a while longer before transferring me back to our local hospital
The little plug which goes into your femoral artery wasn’t in properly
As I said almost a statistic
Know yourself and best of luck Bhoys and Ghirls

Good luck Dill

Sending best wishes kelly. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this and get you on the mend as soon as possible. Those bloody traffic jams don't form on their own! Take care, fella.

Good luck Dill

Hope all goes well Kelly,,, take care..

Good luck Dill

Take care Kelly Do what the nurses tell ye
Look efter yirsel.
🚜 never stop apparently 😉

HH 🚜

Same here Kelly
Went to a neurologist a year ago June
Didn’t hear anything
Called my own doctor to refill a prescription
He asked me about the narrowed artery in my brain
I said I haven’t heard back so figured everything was fine
So I call the Jackass and he said “everything’s fine”
Me: “what about the occlusion in the brain artery ?”
Him: Wait I’ll just bring up your fil
“Excuse me ? Everything’s fine, but you haven’t brought my file up in front of you ?”
He said “Hang on I’m having trouble bringing up your file, my computer is slow”
Needless to say I binned him and his ego
My new neurologist seems competent and funny enough works out of the same hospital, but has already instilled more confidence in me
But nobody knows their body and how they feel, like yourself
Hope everybody stays safe and well, and thanks for the most welcome posts and private messages
YNWA
Sometimes a think your on your own in these things it's true though you know your own body and you know when things aren't right , my last few stays in hospital don't inspire much confidence

Had some tests yesterday
Now it’s a waiting game for cat scan and a couple of other things to get sorted out
Apart from that, life’s a gas
Don’t let the auld man in, as a great man once said
Fucking wish he’d told me that a bit sooner 🤣😎
Mon the auldies
Dill you take care also mate, love your pics and stories about Georgia and all your family, keep them coming..

H.H and YNWA

old age not much you can do about it :LOL: like the rest on the noise were all strating to creak n groan ,,,,plus a get to whinge more ,,,,so there's an upside
I know mate just when you think you've got one thing sorted #BAM#. Here's something else...

Last few weeks I've been told I've got
type 2 diabetes, the doc says take meds loose weight, well I've also just been told I've got arthritis in my hip, been struggling to walk anymore than 5 mins at a time, so the exercises are well fooked.. 🤣🤬🤣

I know mate just when you think you've got one thing sorted #BAM#. Here's something else...

Last few weeks I've been told I've got
type 2 diabetes, the doc says take meds loose weight, well I've also just been told I've got arthritis in my hip, been struggling to walk anymore than 5 mins at a time, so the exercises are well fooked.. 🤣🤬🤣
Diagnosed with D2 several years ago with the same 50. You can do it. Making the start is the hardest bit. Little bit by little bit, and you will see a big improvement. Then on occassion you can treat yourself. 👍

Good luck Dill

Best of luck, Kelly.👍

I've got type 2 diabetes, the doc says take meds loose weight, well I've also just been told I've got arthritis in my hip, been struggling to walk anymore than 5 mins at a time, so the exercises are well fooked.. 🤣🤬🤣
You take care 50. I started this year very ill with a urinary infection - it turns out I was Type 2 diabetic & underactive thyroid. I've gotten them under control and lost a fair bit of weight. I eat sensibly and rarely drink these days - except for the salty tears of that sevco lot when we beat them (they have a tang of bitter orange).

It also was related to my mental health which suffered since the later lockdowns. I'm now rattling due to all the pills I'm taking but feeling much better for it.

This auld age isn't all fun and games!🤣 Take care.

You take care 50. I started this year very ill with a urinary infection - it turns out I was Type 2 diabetic & underactive thyroid. I've gotten them under control and lost a fair bit of weight. I eat sensibly and rarely drink these days - except for the salty tears of that sevco lot when we beat them (they have a tang of bitter orange).

It also was related to my mental health which suffered since the later lockdowns. I'm now rattling due to all the pills I'm taking but feeling much better for it.

This auld age isn't all fun and games!🤣 Take care.
Thks mate, glad your on the mend... 👍

Back