Well Being

Hi everyone.....I havn't been feeling too well recently and not been 'in the mood' to be writing on here :(....I am still awaiting results from blood tests etc.....But I feel that the doctors are not taking it serious.....For the past 3 weeks I have been coming out in sweats bigstyle...I mean really bad throughout the night, I am not over weight....can't get a good sleep.....Also during this time I have had constant severe headaches....Never been out the house now for 3 weeks......It all started off when I decided to stop smoking and drinking.....Apparently my liver is not in the best condition....Doc says it will get better, but takes time.....They don't know (yet) why this is happening to me....but one Doc suggested it could be toxins leaving my body after 50 years of booze and smoking........I hope this is the case and nothing more serious......Every morning when I waken up, I hope that I feel better...but no.....still these constant headaches.......

Anyway, what I have is nothing to what Marky is going through.....

If and when I do get any results ...positive or negative...I'll keep you's all updated......🍀
Hopefully you'll be back to yourself soon Lennono. Your health is obviously the most important thing, but we miss your input on The Noise. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take care mate.

Last edited:
Hey guys, wee update. My old fella's gone into hospital today for his op. Assuming the mass they've found is cancerous he'll have to have a lobe of his left lung removed, now there are only two lobes of the lung on the left side so he's effectively losing half a lung. At 74. Fair to say I'm shiteing myself! Although he's a bit more chipper once I told him the score today! Anyhoo, Broadgreen hospital in Liverpool has an excellent reputation so I'm hopeful 👍

Pray for Peter 💚
I hope it's only good news for you and your family from here on TS. Thoughts are with you mate.

Hope everyone is feeling positive , wee update on the Radium treatment ,the treatment itself is fine a small injection and home , side effects didn't arrive until a couple of days after the injection F**K !! the pain was excruciating nothing could prepare me for it (morphine helps) they had said the pain would bloom it certainly did . After 2 days the pain was more manageable and bearable the other side effect is tiredness with me tucked up in my beddy byes by 9p.m can usually drag my self up by 10 the next morning and then fall asleep in the chair after breakfast , eat sleep repeat

Hope everyone is feeling positive , wee update on the Radium treatment ,the treatment itself is fine a small injection and home , side effects didn't arrive until a couple of days after the injection F**K !! the pain was excruciating nothing could prepare me for it (morphine helps) they had said the pain would bloom it certainly did . After 2 days the pain was more manageable and bearable the other side effect is tiredness with me tucked up in my beddy byes by 9p.m can usually drag my self up by 10 the next morning and then fall asleep in the chair after breakfast , eat sleep repeat
You know what Marky, If it gets you better you'll not care a shite! I have sympathy though, my mum reckoned only the chemotherapy was worse. Stay strong brother 💚

You know what Marky, If it gets you better you'll not care a shite! I have sympathy though, my mum reckoned only the chemotherapy was worse. Stay strong brother 💚
That's the way I'm looking at it Theta, if in the end it takes away the pain and gives me quality of life then I'll be a happy bunny 🐰 and it will be worth going through , I've already had 20 chemo , 40 radio therapy and other treatments so my bodies had a bit of a kicking over the last 4 years but I've met folk in a worse state than me , so onwards and upwards

I have heard it is terrible but it will be worth it. Keep fighting and staying positive. 💚

Last edited:
Hey guys, wee update. My old fella's gone into hospital today for his op. Assuming the mass they've found is cancerous he'll have to have a lobe of his left lung removed, now there are only two lobes of the lung on the left side so he's effectively losing half a lung. At 74. Fair to say I'm shiteing myself! Although he's a bit more chipper once I told him the score today! Anyhoo, Broadgreen hospital in Liverpool has an excellent reputation so I'm hopeful 👍

Pray for Peter 💚
Will do TS. Hope it goes ok. 🙏

That's the way I'm looking at it Theta, if in the end it takes away the pain and gives me quality of life then I'll be a happy bunny 🐰 and it will be worth going through , I've already had 20 chemo , 40 radio therapy and other treatments so my bodies had a bit of a kicking over the last 4 years but I've met folk in a worse state than me , so onwards and upwards
keeping positive will help you a lot (y)

Pray for Peter 💚
thoughts and prayers are with him 🙏

After all the positive feed back and Good wishes about my Cancer ,
I thought it might be a Good idea to have a well being thread that Bhoys and Ghirls can talk about any health issues
That may be worrying them or get reassurance by someone who maybe had gone through something similar .
I will kick off.
As some of you may know I was diagnosed with prostate Cancer 4 years ago and have undergone chemotherapy, radiotherapy ,
Radioactive implants and hormone treatment because I wasn't diagnosed quick enough
I would advise men over 50 to see their doctor and get a test ,initially it is a blood test then if the PSA number is High
Its a digital examination (nothing to do with technology )a Good old fashioned finger .
Don't be shy guys even if you have no symptoms its only 5 minutes .
Had no idea marky sorry to hear this news ( bad news) and I wish you all the very best with your recovery.
I actually HATE the word so much now , its affected many family members and friends.
Ss fisiani said to mr its just a word but its fills me with hatred on hearing it.
Illogical yes bit I cant change now.
I don't pray, attend church or practice as much as I used to. You will be in my prayers tonight mate. Sin

Had no idea marky sorry to hear this news ( bad news) and I wish you all the very best with your recovery.
I actually HATE the word so much now , its affected many family members and friends.
Ss fisiani said to mr its just a word but its fills me with hatred on hearing it.
Illogical yes bit I cant change now.
I don't pray, attend church or practice as much as I used to. You will be in my prayers tonight mate. Sin
Hi Winter , its a horrible disease that doesn't differentiate between old or young ,and there is no-one that it won't have effected one way or another it broke my heart when I went for my chemo and there were small children sitting waiting

Sending out good vibes and prayers to all who are suffering. My big brother died of cancer aged 43, he didn't drink or smoke and didn't abuse his body by any means but yes, the word is fearful because the disease is horrific and the treatment if you're lucky enough to get it, is equally awful.
1 in 2 of us will get cancer so it's a word we're becoming more and more used to hearing but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.

Members online

Latest posts

Back