When Will This Behaviour Stop Being Accepted? The Ugly Face Of Anti-Irish Racism…

They would certainly get a better education in my view if they went to a Catholic School...
Was speaking to an English fellow before in Ireland and he had no idea about Irish history as it was never taught about in England.
Wouldn't have a clue if that's also the case in Scotland.
Yes we do recognise our history, yes we do have songs about martyrs who died for what they believed in. Support for the rá can be mixed yet sinn fein are in a strong position to become the political leaders in the Republic come the next election.
Should sinn fein become the government in the Republic then all hell would become a reality especially in Glasgow imo.
I see massive problems potentially arising all the while the issues remain unaddressed, yet this for some reason seems to be OK, which I don't understand at all.

Are they doing the right thing or are they doing the right thing because of the public outcry..???
either way it has to be the right thing to do..

HH
I don't think the onion fannies march was advertised or allowed with a cordon in place , i genuinely believe this meet was done through social media and the Police became aware of it, there was other things taking place in Glasgow at the weekend and this was not on the agenda.

Got to say mate, I always try to see other people's opinions in a positive light, always giving the benefit of the doubt. But if you are seriously trying to lay the blame for centuries of bigotry at the door of the first minister it's absolute tosh. Regardless of which party is in power, or who holds the reins, this problem is embedded in Scotland's history. Just for the record I'm involved in the yes movement and know of quite a number of yes voters with sevco sympathies. I've also seen the DOB tag used on The Noise plenty of times. Do we just ignore that because it doesn't fit with our opinions? Sadly when we react in such a way it becomes a two way street, even if the volume in traffic is much heavier from the direction of the blue side. No easy answer to this repugnant mentality.
If the government won't tackle it we're fucked. Nothing will change till the government shows some baws.

as i have said before on this forum if the cretins only knew their history they would discover that the fenian leaders were protestant landowners who wanted autonomy from england so they have no idea what they are talking about

If the government won't tackle it we're fucked. Nothing will change till the government shows some baws.
It's not difficult to understand your reasoning Steviebhoy, and I have to say I find much in common with you in what you say. But after being politically active for almost all of my adult life I've come to the conclusion that it will not be solved merely by the introduction of hate crime law. ( which, of course, already exists ) This problem has been endemic in Scottish society for literally hundreds of years , if there really is a way to change things I would gladly go along with it. In truth I'm at a loss as to how it can happen. For what it's worth I make absolutely sure I never leave the company of a bigot, any kind of bigot, without making sure they know I'm not in the gutter along with him/her. As I keep saying, there's no easy answer.

Last edited:
Well to be honest I think they all know exactly who and what they hate.

The root of the boil is they hate the leader of the Catholic Church, The Pope, and therefore hate Roman Catholics.
They hate Irish people and their ancestors of those who arrived here to escape starvation
They Hate Celtic football club, born out of poor Irish immigrants.

They have been allowed to state/sing about this hate for decades here in Scotland and especially in Glasgow every year on 12 July to celebrate the killing of trapped Catholics (who I think were mostly French but don’t quote me on that) at the Battle of the Boyne.

As for education, it’s too late for that, as Ange has said they know exactly what they are doing and the choice they are making in 21st century is wrong and they know it’s wrong so forget about education.

The Scottish Establishment here is complicit in allowing these Orange marches every year, and so the Rangers fans who marched yesterday is not that different to the Establishment. The Police and judiciary are reluctant to punish anyone who participates in these marches over the years. And what bind all these organisations and Marchers together is the secret Masonic Lodge.

We have to start somewhere and I believe that by calling this out by it’s ‘proper’ name ‘Anti Catholic, anti Irish Racism’ is a major breakthrough, in that it’s not sectarianism which has allowed the media to hide beneath that wrong description for decades.
We are also getting wider media coverage to Asia,Australia and Greece because of the racism towards Kyogo and Ange being here too.

One day, and I always have hope, that with Independence for Scotland we have a better chance with new political parties in power to improve the lives of people here in Scotland. I hope that we will evolve out of this rank rotten descrimination of Catholics and people of Irish decent. This was, as you all know an was an unwritten policy at Ibrox for many years. No Catholics!

While we and some others in prominent positions in our society are calling this out as did our FM in the May the rioting at George Square is not going to be enough. No easy answers to this but this needs to be stamped out.

What you are about to read sums it all up for me.
I have a neighbour who lives on his own,he is handicapped,he is divorced,he hates Catholics,he hates the colour green,will not allow green in his house,and he supports sevco in everything they do.
This guy is a mason so the dislike of the colour green was a wee bit of a surprise since green is the highest colour in any masonic lodge in the U.K.
So to explain his integrity and his I.Q. would be very difficult because I believe both of them are very low,he does not speak like normal people he sprays whatever is in his mouth when he hears a criticism of sevco,he once told me his wife said to him when he came back one Saturday from the cesspit,,I think you love sevco more than you love me,he replied I love Celtic more than I love you and I hate them baskets hence why he is now divorced.
I could go on all day with things he has done and said but the defining question I asked him to answer was,,,what is the significance of king billy and 1690,he replied,,I think it,s his birthday..
I knew then I could not ask any more questions..
Once they have been told something by a fellow sevco supporter it is carved in stone,
they will never change the answer..
They are definitely followers not leaders,in anything they do..

HH.

Was speaking to an English fellow before in Ireland and he had no idea about Irish history as it was never taught about in England.
Wouldn't have a clue if that's also the case in Scotland.
Yes we do recognise our history, yes we do have songs about martyrs who died for what they believed in. Support for the rá can be mixed yet sinn fein are in a strong position to become the political leaders in the Republic come the next election.
Should sinn fein become the government in the Republic then all hell would become a reality especially in Glasgow imo.
I see massive problems potentially arising all the while the issues remain unaddressed, yet this for some reason seems to be OK, which I don't understand at all.

The DUP know what’s coming.....that’s why they are Sabre rattling with the Republic re certain protocols they say needs addressing.....Westminster want shot of Stormont and the North of Ireland.....and the next census has the potential to show the loyalists are no longer the majority in the occupied 6.....if Sinn Fein win government and all things come to pass.....a United Ireland will be on the political agenda in my view with the blessing of Westminster in the not too distant future.....many loyalists in this event will certainly make the trip across the water.....this will cause further major social and religious problems for Scotland as they will bring their bile and bigotry with them.....the future may well be green and white.....but it will certainly be troubled.....add Scottish independence to the mix and it may well be the perfect storm which I truly hope is not the case.....the time for strong political leadership is now.....before events mentioned previously come to pass.....this Scottish government has to apply the letter of the law to those who break the law by their hateful and racial actions.....if they don’t things will only get worse, much worse...

Loyalism and Unionism are dying creeds. The sevvies know it too. We will see more of this type of behaviour as the end of Britain gets closer and closer. Their team died, Ireland will soon be united and Scotland will be independent. Everything they hold dear in their twisted world view is disintegrating before their eyes.
Northern Ireland, Britain and the club formed in 1872 will no longer exist.
I, for one, will be very happy when it happens.

The DUP know what’s coming.....that’s why they are Sabre rattling with the Republic re certain protocols they say needs addressing.....Westminster want shot of Stormont and the North of Ireland.....and the next census has the potential to show the loyalists are no longer the majority in the occupied 6.....if Sinn Fein win government and all things come to pass.....a United Ireland will be on the political agenda in my view with the blessing of Westminster in the not too distant future.....many loyalists in this event will certainly make the trip across the water.....this will cause further major social and religious problems for Scotland as they will bring their bile and bigotry with them.....the future may well be green and white.....but it will certainly be troubled.....add Scottish independence to the mix and it may well be the perfect storm which I truly hope is not the case.....the time for strong political leadership is now.....before events mentioned previously come to pass.....this Scottish government has to apply the letter of the law to those who break the law by their hateful and racial actions.....if they don’t things will only get worse, much worse...
Don't want to be pedantic Imatim, but governments don't apply the law. They pass them of course, but then it's the duty of law enforcement agencies. Terrific post mate. As it happens I think a nationalist majority is now in place in NI.

This boy deserves a bit of credit and maybe protection.
He is putting himself out there to be shot down by sevco and it,s supporters.
Would love to see Michael Stewart become a politician,it might be the only way he can do anything about the sectarianism which is obviously close to his heart.

HH

This boy deserves a bit of credit and maybe protection.
He is putting himself out there to be shot down by sevco and it,s supporters.
Would love to see Michael Stewart become a politician,it might be the only way he can do anything about the sectarianism which is obviously close to his heart.

HH
He's already pretty politically motivated GS. A big supporter of Scottish independence.

It's not difficult to understand your reasoning Steviebhoy, and I have to say I find much in common with you in what you say. But after being politically active for almost all of my adult life I've come to the conclusion that it will not be solved merely by the introduction of hate crime law. ( which, of course, already exists ) This problem has been endemic in Scottish society for literally hundreds of years , if there really is a way to change things I would gladly go along with it. In truth I'm at a loss as to how it can happen. For what it's worth I make absolutely sure I never leave the company of a bigot, any kind of bigot, without making sure they know I'm not in the gutter along with him/her. As I keep saying, there's no easy answer.
How about they actually implement the existing laws? Change has to start somewhere.

Loyalism and Unionism are dying creeds. The sevvies know it too. We will see more of this type of behaviour as the end of Britain gets closer and closer. Their team died, Ireland will soon be united and Scotland will be independent. Everything they hold dear in their twisted world view is disintegrating before their eyes.
Northern Ireland, Britain and the club formed in 1872 will no longer exist.
I, for one, will be very happy when it happens.
The club formed in 1872 is dead already pal.

When Will This Behaviour Stop Being Accepted?​

Not until Police Scotland and Scotland's Judiciary rids itself of the anti-Irish racists and anti-Catholic bigots within their own ranks especially those at the top echelons who are well known to frequent the very same lodges, both Orange and Masonic, as those they are failing to police and prosecute!

Not until the Scottish Mainstream Media rids itself of it's own anti-Irish and anti-Catholic hacks who are ever ready to deflect, omit the facts, engage in whataboutery and act as apologists and excuse makers for their fellow Sevco supporting racists and bigots whenever the need arises. You can also add to that their swivel-eyed uber-Unionist mates who may not be hun racists or bigots but who are only too happy to lend a hand to stir the pot and whip up tensions and play to this base for political gain!

Not until the politicians rid their parties of the anti-Irish racists, anti-Catholic bigots and far right fascists who like their mates in the mainstream media are also only too happy to lend a hand to stir the pot, whip up tensions and play to this base for political gain! Again you can also add to that those politicians who 'keep the heid doon' and cower from speaking up and condemning not only those who engage in it but those in both theirs and other institutions who actively facilitate it.

Only then will this behaviour stop being accepted!

Well to be honest I think they all know exactly who and what they hate.

The root of the boil is they hate the leader of the Catholic Church, The Pope, and therefore hate Roman Catholics.
They hate Irish people and their ancestors of those who arrived here to escape starvation
They Hate Celtic football club, born out of poor Irish immigrants.

They have been allowed to state/sing about this hate for decades here in Scotland and especially in Glasgow every year on 12 July to celebrate the killing of trapped Catholics (who I think were mostly French but don’t quote me on that) at the Battle of the Boyne.

As for education, it’s too late for that, as Ange has said they know exactly what they are doing and the choice they are making in 21st century is wrong and they know it’s wrong so forget about education.

The Scottish Establishment here is complicit in allowing these Orange marches every year, and so the Rangers fans who marched yesterday is not that different to the Establishment. The Police and judiciary are reluctant to punish anyone who participates in these marches over the years. And what bind all these organisations and Marchers together is the secret Masonic Lodge.

We have to start somewhere and I believe that by calling this out by it’s ‘proper’ name ‘Anti Catholic, anti Irish Racism’ is a major breakthrough, in that it’s not sectarianism which has allowed the media to hide beneath that wrong description for decades.
We are also getting wider media coverage to Asia,Australia and Greece because of the racism towards Kyogo and Ange being here too.

One day, and I always have hope, that with Independence for Scotland we have a better chance with new political parties in power to improve the lives of people here in Scotland. I hope that we will evolve out of this rank rotten descrimination of Catholics and people of Irish decent. This was, as you all know an was an unwritten policy at Ibrox for many years. No Catholics!

While we and some others in prominent positions in our society are calling this out as did our FM in the May the rioting at George Square is not going to be enough. No easy answers to this but this needs to be stamped out.
It's all about education Rose. As it's everywhere now I think schools should include an anti racism lesson in the curriculum, that should include sectarianism. It's the only way we will stamp it out. In the 21st century this shit is still going on, not just in Scotland.

plods statement

ACC Bernard Higgins said: “We did not facilitate this event and to say so is inaccurate. Officers on patrol came across this group as it was making its way through Glasgow City Centre. Due to the numbers and to ensure public and officer safety, additional officers were called to assist and, at this point,
Not trueyou marched with them

individuals' details were noted and the group dispersed.

so no arrest's for sectarian and racist chants ,,,,not one

"A retrospective investigation into this anti-Irish Catholic singing has been launched and we are following up a number of lines of enquiry, including reviewing CCTV footage and footage on social media. I fully expect a number of arrests to be made.
same bullshit statement we hear all the time ,,,,,here's a clue ,,,,they were standing in front of you

“This type of anti-Irish Catholic behaviour is wholly unacceptable.

yet to date you have never made any arrests ?

Our enquiries are ongoing to identify those who were involved and we will take the appropriate action against them. We would ask anyone who has any information that could assist our investigation to contact us.

So let's get this right as you have done on numerous occassions when the guilty parties are standing right next to you ,
you let them walk away and then ask for the publics help in assisting you ,,,,Really ?

However, the challenges of the sectarianism still evident in some parts of Scotland are a much broader societal problem and, whilst policing will have a role to play in addressing the symptoms, its causes are a problem which require a more effective, joined-up, civic response.”

well you'd be aswell counting yourself out the picture and your police force seeing as your only answer is to do fk all

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Back