surprise surprise

The only way are to going to attempt to resolve the views/opinions we all hold is by asking The Green Brigade to open a debate on the matter.

Therefore, I WOULD LIKE TO PUBLICLY ASK THEM TO DO SO!

What is called for is an open and honest debate, within their ranks, on the pros/cons of singing IRA related songs.

It has to be held only by them, for them. If they are not on board then it is never going to change. Whether we like it or not, they are not going to be told what to do - in fact, it only alienates them more.

Once complete, they MUST state their position clearly and put in out there for us all to view.

Then, and only then, will we be in a position to debate with them the best way forward.
While your at it why not ask the Green Brigade about their politics.? I for one love those bhoys AND ghirls and their support for our charitable arm celtic foundation. I also support their support for Palestine. Green Brigades political stance on all matters involving the poor and all those occupied by illegal forces. HH ☘️Viva Palestine.

While your at it why not ask the Green Brigade about their politics.? I for one love those bhoys AND ghirls and their support for our charitable arm celtic foundation. I also support their support for Palestine. Green Brigades political stance on all matters involving the poor and all those occupied by illegal forces. HH ☘️Viva Palestine.

AB, I fully support the Palestinians, however, should there flags be flown inside CP during football games?

Again, as you say, let the debate be far and wide ranging.

Then, once we understand their viewpoints and agendas - and only then - we can see where they stand on all matters which have caused controversy within our club/ support for too long.

Also, why can't we add focus on Anti-Zionist Jews - there are many - and promote their viewpoints.

Personally, I believe, anti-Israeli policy sentiment coming from Jewish people would be far more effective than sticking up a Palestinian flag.

AB, I fully support the Palestinians, however, should there flags be flown inside CP during football games?

Then, once we understand their viewpoints and agendas - and only then - we can see where they stand on all matters which have caused controversy within our club/ support for too long.

Also, why can't we add focus on Anti-Zionist Jews - there are many - and promote their viewpoints.

Personally, I believe, anti-Israeli policy sentiment coming from Jewish people would be far more effective than sticking up a Palestinian flag.

I'm starting to think there's a debate to be had about the old reb songs being sung.....this is like the 4th thread to be hi-jacked on the topic ?

Anton for as long as I can remember celtic supporters and politics went hand in hand. They suffered at the hands of many politicians not doing the right and lawful thins by them. Politics is of course an emotional subject at the best of times. Having been the west bank and seen with my own eyes how the Palestinian people were treated nothing will hold be back for my complete and utter contempt for Israel. HH ☘️

Not one point I disagree with, Maria.

However, I can assure you of this, after living through The Troubles; hatred breeds hatred, irrespective of who started it.

Watched the English Queen sit in Croke Park, lay a wreath commemorating Irish dead - a line has to be drawn on the past.

One more thing, hatred is lazy, it takes no effort. Finding common ground with those whose opinions we often despise,through a lack of understanding or knowledge, is fraught with failure and depression but, ultimately, worth it!

Charity work is second to none ?

Cool Anton, i don’t have hatred i just celebrate incommemoration how wonderfully resillient people are.

I understand losses made on both sides of the troubles cause pain and it is admirable there are those trying to draw a line and get peace.

Believe me peace is the only way forward.

We remember the second world war and do so in the hope that it never happens again.

Anton, you truly are one of Gods better children, i admire and ?? you pal. I genuinely do. ?☘️☘️☘️

Genuine question
Why is this Palestinian stuff relevant to Celtic in this 21st century ?
Why do we as football fans spend 30 secs discussing it?
I totally get the injustices / sense of comparable grievance ..I really do and that stuff has its time and place
.... but what are we trying to do?
Turn ourselves into some sort of mega world social conscience ?
I’d rather we focussed on football and challenge the board hard when they fail us than focus on all this irrelevant peripheral BS

Anton for as long as I can remember celtic supporters and politics went hand in hand. They suffered at the hands of many politicians not doing the right and lawful thins by them. Politics is of course an emotional subject at the best of times. Having been the west bank and seen with my own eyes how the Palestinian people were treated nothing will hold be back for my complete and utter contempt for Israel. HH ☘️

AB,

Having lived in West Belfast, through my formative years, I witnessed how our own were treated by the British ... AND THE IRA!

Cool Anton, i don’t have hatred i just celebrate incommemoration how wonderfully resillient people are.

I understand losses made on both sides of the troubles cause pain and it is admirable there are those trying to draw a line and get peace.

Believe me peace is the only way forward.

We remember the second world war and do so in the hope that it never happens again.

Anton, you truly are one of Gods better children, i admire and ?? you pal. I genuinely do. ?☘️☘️☘️

No Maria, I'm not. In fact far from it.

I've lived a life which I've struggled to comprehend since I could walk and talk.

One thing I've learned over the years and tell my kids is never be afraid to come with to me with any problem; I'll have done worse!

The one true hatred I can't shift is reserved for hypocrites.

Genuine question
Why is this Palestinian stuff relevant to Celtic in this 21st century ?
Why do we as football fans spend 30 secs discussing it?
I totally get the injustices / sense of comparable grievance ..I really do and that stuff has its time and place
.... but what are we trying to do?
Turn ourselves into some sort of mega world social conscience ?
I’d rather we focussed on football and challenge the board hard when they fail us than focus on all this irrelevant peripheral BS

Perhaps its time for people too also accept that we are all different and perhaps not rubbish the other person’s views.

That is reminiscent of pushing your own shut up your not relevant on others, like dictators do.

The GB are highlighting injustices done to the Palestinian people by all the big player govts, where no-one is highlighting their plight.

This country itself through the troubles had nothing but propaganda placing all blame on irish catholics.

There is a natural affinity in helping those that people have a genuine understanding off.

Oh and is this not on the general chit chat or is it dictator police at its best.

Perhaps you have your outlook and respect others to have theirs.

Perhaps we will all get along better and respect each other whether we like what we hear or not there is a way for us to be nice to each other.

After all we do have Celtic in common and thats a pretty good place to start pal.

HH ☘️

Anton the British weren't an occupying force as you well know about the geographic of N I. Palestine is under occupation by an illegal force that most of the world back.I don't like hypocrisy in any form. As I said in an earlier post I will not condone the IRA of the troubles era. Killing their own people is not on. Wars are fought amongst enemies, you don't kill your own. The British soldiers who shot and killed Irish men and women a high percentage would have been Catholic. You Anton are a brave man as are all Irish men and women who had to endure those dark times.. One day I hope to see a united Ireland and a Palestine with Jerusalem as its capital. Arab and Jews working together in a Palestine Parliament for the better of all. HH ☘️

Perhaps its time for people too also accept that we are all different and perhaps not rubbish the other person’s views.

That is reminiscent of pushing your own shut up your not relevant on others, like dictators do.

The GB are highlighting injustices done to the Palestinian people by all the big player govts, where no-one is highlighting their plight.

This country itself through the troubles had nothing but propaganda placing all blame on irish catholics.

There is a natural affinity in helping those that people have a genuine understanding off.

Oh and is this not on the general chit chat or is it dictator police at its best.

Perhaps we will all get along better and respect each other whether we like what we hear or not there is a way for us to be nice to each other.

After all we do have Celtic in common and thats a pretty good place to start pal.

HH ☘️

No Maria, I'm not. In fact far from it.

I've lived a life which I've struggled to comprehend since I could walk and talk.

One thing I've learned over the years and tell my kids is never be afraid to come with to me with any problem; I'll have done worse!

The one true hatred I can't shift is reserved for hypocrites.

I teckon most govts are high up on that hatred then lol

HH ☘️
Celtic is the place to start pal. I posted earlier on about our opinions all being different but the one constant is our love of our Great and wonderful club. HH Pal. ☘️

Surely at the end of the day...no matter what anyones political opinion is...a football game should be for supporting the football? I know that doesn't mean you're not entitled to express a political opinion, as has been done on this very thread...but I think someone mentioned earlier that there's a time & a place for these things?

Maria
We all know and buy in to the genesis of the Latter day IRA in 60s Ireland
Paisley and his crew were bombing in the mid 60s to try to stop civil rights happening ..someone had to protect the RC communities .that aspect was laudAble and what was sung about That said from what I observed it morphed over time into an outrageous and indefensible organisation . I abhor the fans glorifying that behaviour !
And as I posted it allows the Ibrox RACISTS to act with impunity!

Now Verum thats what i was trying to get at. I believed in the cause, i won’t change my mind on that but did not like, condone or agree with what it morphed into.

My understanding of it is that it morphed into gestapo affairs against anyone in society as it could cause attention from ruc who could then stumble across ra soldiers, guns, funds etc.

It started as an organisation against tyranny and ended up resembling it.

But there is hypocrisy in what i say too because who can condone death, not i.

But reckon brits should have stayed out and should never have treated people like sh*t for so long they felt they had no other course.

The brits have a lot to answer for but so do all the superpowers these days

HH ☘️

& with the amount of energy put into some of the pro Palestine displays at games...they would be better served outside of football during public protests & the like. I would have thought anyway.

There is more tv covrage at a Celtic game than a march through Glasgow city centre.

When propaganda has been used and sussed then you understand how to get the best coverage in order to assist those still suffering with no other assistance elsewhere other than help for your abusers/murderers.

Anyway on a bright note there is approx only 19 kitchens in zimbabwe to open this year as malawi is nearly done which means the target of 67 is on time.

More people in genuine need can get a meal
Each day in these kitchens. It is reckoned thousands of people will get at least one hot meal each day.

How fantastic is that go Celtic!

????☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back