the new year derby

Well well well, theRangers have only one home game during the period when we're all behind closed doors, imagine that.
Good news for the cities and towns across Scotland, I suppose.

I wonder if Germany will keep the travel ban on the UK in place until the 18th of February. Klopp will have told them there's a tribute act heading to Dortmund.

Last edited:
Scot Gov can do very little on their own as they do not control the financial levers to allow them to borrow what they need and spend it how they want. If we had those powers then the whole pandemic would have been very different in Scotland. We only get funding to help businesses or fund furlough when Westminster decide they want to do it in England. And unfortunately we have the worst possible prime minister at the worst possible time.
100% correct Garry.

The simple solution to the whole issue of world football is for FIFA to step in and cancel that nonsense of a world cup in where ever the fuck it is.
Give the European teams within Uefa the extra time needed to get everything in order still without the pressure of meaningless international matches within a season of potential chaos looms.
Each country within Europe will have then the opportunity to see what is best suited for there own countries people's needs.
European football for clubs doesn't restart until near the end of February still, so plenty of room to readjust upon domestic football in European countries in how they see fit.
Would have loved to have started the year by continuing to dig the graves of the scum, which we surely would have done, but common sense should prevail at such a time still imo.
Will such an action take place? Not a chance of it when money still overrules common sense with people's welfare still
FIFA are currently trying to force the footballing world to vote for a 48 team world cup every 2 years instead of every 4 (Arsene Wenger's bright idea). It is shear and utter madness - it would mean players from the top countries would never get a break. So don't expect anything sensible from them corrupt scumbags.

The Herald. Breaking news. John Swinney admits cup final could be 'super-spreader' event as rules introduced too late. How many supporters of other clubs were roaming across the country at the weekend yet the 50 thousand or so at the Hibs - Celtic cup final was the event that got singled out.

Last edited:
FIFA are currently trying to force the footballing world to vote for a 48 team world cup every 2 years instead of every 4 (Arsene Wenger's bright idea). It is shear and utter madness - it would mean players from the top countries would never get a break. So don't expect anything sensible from them corrupt scumbags.
You're right. That is a truly stupid idea.

Are the powers that be expecting every fourth year, when the Euros and the World Cup would be held, to include twice the international breaks for two qualifying competitions and when do they expect players to get a break - just because the bigwigs don't have to do anything other than turn up do hospitality and hobnobbing events. Greed and gravy train.

The Herald. Breaking news. John Swinney admits cup final could be 'supre-spreader' event as rules introduced too late. How many supporters of other clubs were roaming across the country at the weekend yet the 50 thousand or so at the Hibs - Celtic cup final was the event that got singled out.
Most of the country were probably out Xmas shopping but the fitbaws the problem🤷‍♂️

The scum of course will be desperate for the game to go ahead especially if the players they got are available from African Cup of nations.
I'm personally an impatient bastard by nature and nothing would give me bigger pleasure for shutting these scummy bastards up for good for which we surely would do.
A win win situation for us except for the supporters not being able to rejoice together, but wouldn't spoil the fun still, so given the choice I hope it goes ahead, but common sense should still take preference imo
I’d play them whenever, and I’d rather see it on the 2nd, but I think it’s a bit unfair to lose out on the home income for it. But more than that, I think it’ll be fucking hilarious if it gets postponed, we get new players, they sell some, our injuries are cleared up and we end up pumping them and winning the league. They’ll be greetin about it for years

Last edited:
If play them whenever, and I’d rather see it on the 2nd, but I think it’s a bit unfair to lose out on the home income for it. But more than that, I think it’ll be fucking hilarious if it gets postponed, we get new players, they sell some, our injuries are cleared up and we end up pumping them and winning the league. They’ll be greetin about it for years
Very minimum shud be 14 thousand at celtic Park 500 is a joke just heard on the tranny there was 13 thousand at hampden socially distanced so why the 500 cap??

Football has long ago fallen into the corporate class where they all remain the real benifiticors of any real government decisions made these days.
If such decisions don't affect them whatsoever then they are made with the less so well off effected more so.
Football has always been known as the working people's sport and that is trying to be taken away from them still with corrupt corporations taking over.
For many like myself this fixture was one of the highlights of the season with our fans making it as special as it is known as.
This season still remains all about trying to keeping sevco scum (SS) alive and this season especially like no other one beforehand.
Yet we are Celtic and many times before now there has been many obstacles put in front of us in a bid to fail and yet this is potentially another one that won't succeed either.
Bring it on, your hun scum cunts and we will continue to put you back into your coffins whatever you try to stop us.
Remember that we have the biggest family in the world and won't be undone by decisions of sheer lunacy no matter how hard all of your corporate bastards try to

BTW there's something on BBC Scotland tonite about thr lions 10 o'clock no idea what it is my wee ma just sent me a text anything about thems shithot 😎

Look I get people are pissed at this decision but the bottom line is the more people come into contact with one another the more this highly infectious variant spreads, the more people who become infected leads to more people (and their close contacts) having to isolate, more people having to isolate results in more people absent from work, those absences will inevitably affect the many thousands of people needed for these games to go ahead with fans present...turnstile staff, stewards, security, catering staff, admin staff, Polis, NHS staff, Transport staff etc. and that's before we even take into account the devastating health and economic implications for society of this variant running out of control.

This argument 'but it's outdoors so it's safe' completely misses the point! It's no just about the health and safety of supporters going to games it's also about the infrastructure required for that to happen (and far more importantly for society to function) being completely overwhelmed by staff shortages that it leaves them on the brink of collapse!

Aye it's shite we cannae go to the fitbaw but we, the Celtic support, are supposed to pride ourselves on our social conscience and right now there's far more important things to worry about than us getting to go watch a game of fitbaw so maybe we should take a moment to reflect on that!

Look I get people are pissed at this decision but the bottom line is the more people come into contact with one another the more this highly infectious variant spreads, the more people who become infected leads to more people (and their close contacts) having to isolate, more people having to isolate results in more people absent from work, those absences will inevitably affect the many thousands of people needed for these games to go ahead with fans present...turnstile staff, stewards, security, catering staff, admin staff, Polis, NHS staff, Transport staff etc. and that's before we even take into account the devastating health and economic implications for society of this variant running out of control.

This argument 'but it's outdoors so it's safe' completely misses the point! It's no just about the health and safety of supporters going to games it's also about the infrastructure required for that to happen (and far more importantly for society to function) being completely overwhelmed by staff shortages that it leaves them on the brink of collapse!

Aye it's shite we cannae go to the fitbaw but we, the Celtic support, are supposed to pride ourselves on our social conscience and right now there's far more important things to worry about than us getting to go watch a game of fitbaw so maybe we should take a moment to reflect on that!
Ur rite about it being bigger than football but there's always gonny be infections we need like a kind of reset on how we integrate and learn to live with covid don't ask me how but🤷‍♂️

Members online

Back